• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magic Brew Cafè (CLOSED)

The demon nodded, relieved. Looking up at Madame Bernet again, he smiled at her. "I'm really grateful you have chosen to stand by out cause." He told her honestly, bowing his head respectfully, "You have lifted a big weight off of our shoulders, and given Ellie an upper hand in the fight, and for that I thank you."

Lifting his head back up, he looked her in the eye and grinned, not managing to hold his excitement at bay any longer. "Is there anything we can do for you?"

Sofia smiled at Vincent, " Just...make sure to protect Elinor... after all every princess needs her knight," she laughed waving them off. "Go on now children, have fun at the ball," she smiled.

After closing the door behind them, Vincent barked out a laugh. "Well, that went better than expected, huh?" He exclaimed, grinning at Ellie. "What are you going to do with your new trinkets? I don't think people would take it very well if you paraded into the ballroom with a sword at the ready."

[QUOTE="Horizon King]Hearing the boy’s question, Eve’s small smile had dropped. ‘Just when I thought I could see a good friend of mine, I have to become a fucking tourist guide for his shop,’ she though as her usual expressionless face appeared.
“Weel loon, if ye cooldn’t guess, thes wee café haur attracts an' feeds aw things 'at gang bump in th' nicht,” Eve deadpanned as her hand gestured towards all the occupants inside the café: devils, zombies, androids, demons, elves, drow, etc.

What Eve is saying without the thick accent: Well boy, if you couldn’t guess, this little café here attracts and feeds all things that go bump in the night.

[/QUOTE]
"I know that much, I simply meant that I'm new to being on the mortal plane. I'm not used to... anything really..." Mazus stood there with a straight face. "I'm sure I must be bothersome but I have no experience in anything but killing and, surprisingly, reading..." Mazus waited knowing he was probably the needle in the haystack of everyone here.

"Wait," Vincent said, taking her hand gently, "You never hold a sword like that, grip the hilt like this," He adjusted her fingers, moving her hand slowly, "When you swing it, make sure it's tip first, not the edge. Our enemies are sure to be armored, and this sword was made to pierce it, so if you do ever get into a position where that will be necessary, remember to put your weight behind it."

The demon halted, realizing the confused stare he was getting from Ellie. Scratching the back of his head sheepishly, he grinned goofily. "I'm sorry, I get kind of carried away with these kind's of things sometimes. Let's just... find a wall hanging or an empty flower pot or something and stick it in there for the night, and get back to the ball."

Vincent blinked as the book and sword disappeared, not having expected that in the slightest. Shaking his head with a chuckle, he hugged Ellie to him, grinning. "Ok, then! I guess we'll just forget about my flowerpot idea,"

The couple walked back into the grand ballroom, and Vincent couldn't help but notice that the guests were all getting increasingly more intoxicated. He laughed.

"So what do you wanna do now?"

Ellie yawned rubbing her eyes," Cafe..." she yawned leaning on Vinny. " I wanna go the cafe," she sighed hugging Vinny's arm tighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dnaleri017 said:
"I know that much, I simply meant that I'm new to being on the mortal plane. I'm not used to... anything really..." Mazus stood there with a straight face. "I'm sure I must be bothersome but I have no experience in anything but killing and, surprisingly, reading..." Mazus waited knowing he was probably the needle in the haystack of everyone here.
“Ah, main be stoaner especially when th' cheil upstairs disowned ye,” Eve replied with a bit of sympathy for the poor lad. Her trained eyes could already pick up signs that the boy was a fallen: angles of good reputation don’t come to cafés owned by daemons; angles don’t wear black clothing; angels certainly don’t have ashed wings. Also, the life of a fallen isn’t a grand one because no one will take them in. Devils and other seedy races won’t have them because they were previously angles; ‘pure’ beings don’t even talk to them because they were disowned by god itself.

Without the accent: Ah, must be hard especially when the man upstairs disowned you.

[QUOTE="Horizon King]“Ah, main be stoaner especially when th' cheil upstairs disowned ye,” Eve replied with a bit of sympathy for the poor lad. Her trained eyes could already pick up signs that the boy was a fallen: angles of good reputation don’t come to cafés owned by daemons; angles don’t wear black clothing; angels certainly don’t have ashed wings. Also, the life of a fallen isn’t a grand one because no one will take them in. Devils and other seedy races won’t have them because they were previously angles; ‘pure’ beings don’t even talk to them because they were disowned by god itself.
Without the accent: Ah, must be hard especially when the man upstairs disowned you.

[/QUOTE]
"Actually he didn't. I don't know who did but one of my siblings did this. I would rather not speak about it." Mazus looked up with a slight glare before returning to face the woman.

Vincent and Ellie suddenly appeared in front of the alleyway, in the exact spot they had been when they had been taken to the Witch's Castle. Vincent smiled at nearby human boy, staring at the couple in wide eyed wonder. The demon waved his fingers at him teasingly. Managing to support a nearly asleep Ellie, Vincent began guiding them towards the Cafè, grinning as he thought of everything they had accomplished tonight.

After leaving Madame Bernet's office, they had talked to the fairies and the werewolves, with some luck. The fairies were all ears, wanting to hear more and had even began glowing when he had told them about the cafè. The werewolves were another matter all together, they were skeptic and had been looking at the demon with suspicion in their amber eyes, knowing full well of the hunter's plans to summon Serathi. Apparently, a scout from their pack had stumbled upon one of the hunter's hideouts, and overheard their plot.

Vincent shook his head as he gracefully sidestepped a wet, dirty old newspaper, the werewolves could be trusted, yes, but it would be hard to win them over. In the end, though, Ellie had managed to charm the Alpha Male into at least visiting Magic Brew, and Vincent smirked. His little witch really was a lot more mischievous than the looked.

Now all they had to do was wait until Wednesday, when they would all come together for a meeting to discuss what to do about the situation. And the best thing was, the angels didn't even have a clue.

Vincent grinned as he put his hand on the door knob to his home and turned it, stepping inside with a tired, but pleased smile.

Ellie whined hugging Vinny tighter, " Milk tea..." she whined pouting. " I wanna get this itchy dress off, how do people do this?" She yawned kicking off her heels. " How are your wounds?..." she looked at Vinny yawning again.

Vincent smiled at her, duly noting that there were still a few customers in the cafè, but he was to tired right now to greet them. "You go change, okay? I'll make you your tea." He said, ignoring her question. Walking up to the bar, he leaned on it, shaking his head rapidly to try and wake himself up.

He started the electric kettle, and then the coffee maker, having a feeling they would be needing both. As the water and the coffee began to boil, he slipped into the kitchen, which was luckily empty. The demon walked over to the sink and started the water, wringing off his suit jacket, throwing it into a corner with a glare. He rolled up the arms on his red, collared shirt looking down at his arms to assess the damage.

It's not too bad, he thought, relieved. Sure, the wounds were inflamed and there were pieces of lint sticking out here and there, and a few of the stitches had loosened. And it itched. It could be worse.

Vincent thrust both his arms under the water spout, grunting in relief when the cold water hit his damaged skin, making the itchiness go away.

Ellie hugged Vinny from behind latching on, " Vinny~ I borrowed a shirt~" she giggled hiccuping. " I shouldn't have kept taking those drinks that Alpha gave me~" she giggled wrapping her legs around Vinnys waist.

Vincent laughed, shook his head and turned the water off after one last longing look.

He piggybacked Ellie back into the cafè, set her down on one of the barstools and poured her the requested cup of milk tea, grinning. "You're wasted." He informed her, tapping her nose lightly.

As Ase neared the fleeing Maria the room began to spin, she fell to the floor without a sound. "HOW DARE YOU " her father shouted rubbing his now bloody knuckles."I TOLD TOU TO STAY AWAY FROM THAT WITCH!" He boomed, the music stopped and all eyes were on the pair. Ase was quickly losing consciousness on the floor , her armband began to glow brightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elllie pouted puffing out her cheek," Noo~~!! Your wasted!!" she protested sitting up in the barstool.

Maria looked over at Ase and her father glaring, " leave her alone!!" she screamed getting in between Ase and her father.

"Maria stop he'll hurt you too" Ase said quietly the room growing black. "You dare get between me and my disgrace of a daughter" her father shouted.

The demon shook his head, a fond smile on his lips. "Here's your tea, you silly witch." He slid the cup over to her, before looking up and around the room. He was slightly tipsy, but not even close to the level of intoxication Ellie was showing.

His eyes scanned the room, until he did a double take, his eyes widening slightly. "Eve?" He called, surprised, "Eve Highlander?"

@Horizon King

" Evey Wevey!~" Ellie giggled spinning in her bar stool holding her cup.

Maria glared at him, " Your on Coven property right now, so either you back away or the Angels lose what ever good standing they had with the Coven!" Maria threatened sparks flying off her.

Dnaleri017 said:
"Actually he didn't. I don't know who did but one of my siblings did this. I would rather not speak about it." Mazus looked up with a slight glare before returning to face the woman.
“Weel, it’s mah job tae help those wi' supernatural needs,” Eve said as she grabbed and presented a business card to the boy. The card had the following written upon it:

Eve Highlander: Exorcist, Demonologist, Mage, hated enemy of the Mage’s Association, and barred from both heaven and hell.

Eve then noticed that Vincent was in the room and the smile reappeared on her face. “Oi, vincent, Ah see ye hud a guid night- ye sleekit dug.,” Eve said as she walked up to him.

You know the business: Well, it’s my job to help those with supernatural needs. Oi, Vincent, I see you had a good night- you sly dog.

"You dare speak to me like that" he boomed throwing a fist at her, "is this what you want Ase" Excalibur asked

"No i never wanted this, I never wanted Marie to be hurt" Ase muttered faintly, A girl in armour caught the punch aimed at the witch. "Who do you thing you are!" Ase's father shouted trying to free his fist. "I am the holy sword Excalibur" Ase's father's eyes widened as the girl spoke he winced as he felt his hand break in her grip.

[QUOTE="Horizon King]“Weel, it’s mah job tae help those wi' supernatural needs,” Eve said as she grabbed and presented a business card to the boy. The card had the following written upon it:
Eve Highlander: Exorcist, Demonologist, Mage, hated enemy of the Mage’s Association, and barred from both heaven and hell.

Eve then noticed that Vincent was in the room and the smile reappeared on her face. “Oi, vincent, Ah see ye hud a guid night- ye sleekit dug.,” Eve said as she walked up to him.

You know the business: Well, it’s my job to help those with supernatural needs. Oi, Vincent, I see you had a good night- you sly dog.

[/QUOTE]
Mazus took the card and looked at it. He had no idea what to do with it so he went back and sat continuing to read and sensed the demon she called Vincent. He ignored it since he was starting to get used to the demon smell around the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back