• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magic Brew Cafè (CLOSED)

(Okay, good night!)

(Since Ase handled Hamon's attempted assassination of Vincent, let's pretend his feeble attempts at stopping her never happened.)

Vincent, having made his way out of the crypt, began walking towards the lights of the city, the moon glowing exceptionally blue, lighting the way for him. It went slowly, his exhausted body almost refusing to continue cooperating with him when he reached the bus stop, but he continued to drag his tired feet across the pavement.

He wondered briefly if Jun had ever made it to Ellie's, or to the Cafè, before his mind went back to keeping his body functioning and responding.

Finally entering the city after two hours of walking, he drew many odd stares from some of the few humans who were out this time of night, and Vincent had to admit that it bothered him a little. After declining the fifth offer to call an ambulance or something of the sort, Vincent finally collapsed in front of a shop, his final thought being that the sign looked vaguely familiar before his legs failed on him, making him hit the ground hard, his vision going black.

Ellie was in the shop reading a beaten up copy of A Tale of Two Cities, when she heard a loud thump outside the shop. "Hmm?" she looked up from her book placing it down a table standing up, walking to the door. " sorry, we're clos-" she began opening to door expecting to find a drunk human, not Vinny passed out on the street. " Vinny! she exclaimed running to him, checking to make sure he was still alive, sighing in relief when she determined that he was ok.. Aside from the fact he was out cold. Lifting Vinny of the ground, placing most of his weight on her, Ellie dragged him inside the shop, making sure no one was following him. She took him upstairs, inside her room laying him on her bed carefully. "What happened there..." she whispered stroking pieces of his hair out of his face affectionately.

Vincent slowly came back to the world of the living. The first thing that registered in his brain was that he was warm, and laying on something soft and comfortable. At first he thought one of those stupid humans had actually called an ambulance for him against his will and that he was in one of those overly clean, white hospital rooms, but then smelled the scent of flowers, books and soil, and became aware that somebody was touching his hair, whispering his name, and he realized where he was, and what must have happened.

"How many times has this happened? You finding me either passed out or injured on a street?" Vincent teased, opening his eyes slowly, his voice husky.

"How long have I been out?" He asked, beginning to sit up, but finding he couldn't. His muscles were to sore.

The demon shook his head, eyeing the pill in her hand. "Are you trying to drug me?" He asked jokingly, picking at the stitches on his arms, "What is that?"

" Just a simple asprin now come on be a big boy and take your pill, unless you want to be unable to move for the next week ," Ellie smiled laying down on the bed next to him above the sheets.

(Should I be worried? xD )

"Aspirin doesn't work on demons." Vincent muttered, but complied after he saw the look she gave him. He picked up the pill and swallowed it dry, the damn thing going down hard in his parched throat. "So what happened after we left?"

"Ase showed up." Vincent said looking down at his hands, his voice strained, "She killed all of the cult members. We tried saving Spooks... we weren't... fast enough."

Sighing deeply, he added, "He's now trapped in the body of an Archdemon named Hamon. Ase was fighting her when I left."

"There's more, Ellie." Vincent whispered, still not looking at her. "While we were down in that crypt, Serathi possessed me. I almost strangled Ase."

Vincent made a noncommittal sound in the back of his throat.

"Jun managed to escape, I think. I don't know where he went though." Vincent told her, finally looking up, his eyes empty. "We need to form a defense against her attacks. Pretty soon she's going to start doing this to other people. She's already done it to Jun,"

Ellie looked down placing her head against Vinny's chest, " Ok.. I'll start looking through some spell books tomorrow to try and find a spell,".

"We keep this from the angels." Vincent continued, his tone now growing cold, "I learned today that they can't be trusted. Any of them." He didn't elaborate, Ellie loved Ase and he knew it would break her heart to learn of her betrayal. "When I'm recovered I'm going to start gathering support, starting small, to fight the hunters, Serathi must not come to this plane! The threat is bigger than we first perceived, and now we have this Hamon thrown into the mix."

" I don't know... I can't explain it but...It's like your more sure of yourself..." Ellie blushed " Sorry, I think i'm being weird," she smiled sheepishly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back