• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magic Brew Cafè (CLOSED)

Sheltered beneath his umbrella Jun didn't know when he'd lowered himself into the seat behind him, too lost for words at the scene he'd just witnessed.

Mystified, he glanced from the angel now perched comfortably at the counter and then to the demon she'd almost flayed. Absent-mindedly, his gaze strayed over the gaping hole in the wall as well. Did this happen...often? With curious eyes he scanned the walls and noticed random patches of discoloration. They were nearly the same size as the hole punched through by the angel.

Seemed so, he concluded.

"no i'm fine" she said happily downing her glass. "oh yeh that reminds me Vincent i wand all my paperwork finished by tomorrow understood " she smiled at him innocently.

"here ya go Ase," Ellie smiled placing the fresh cookies in front of her, then went to their newest costumer, "sorry about that, we've kinda had to adopt a little emergency drill for cases like that.." she giggled nervously " So can i get you some tea or coffee?" Ellie smiled, then she noticed his umbrella, "Are the lights to bright in here for you sir?" Ellie asked cocerned.

Vincent got up from the floor slowly, having shaken off most of the shock. Turning to face her he crossing his arms over his chest, he shook his head. "Dream on, babygirl." He said, his tone light. Walking up to her, he cupped her cheek with his hand, much like he had done Ellie earlier that night.

"Look," He said, his eyes softening, but his tone getting serious, "I get that you're mad at me for forcing you into hiding like that, but I couldn't risk loosing you. I don't doubt that you could have held your own in a fight, you certainly did a number on our wall, but you have to understand..." Vincent paused, struggling to find the right words, "The hunters would have all attacked you at once, had they had the opportunity. They would have ignored me and gone straight for you."

Vincent smiled at her. "I am sorry I handed it the way I did though." He told her sincerely. Reaching over her head he grabbed a bottle of whiskey, kissed her on the cheek and went to sit with the umbrella clad newcomer, figuring he needed to apologize for yet another scene.

(so sappy)

"oi Vincent i have one question for you" she said this looking down into her glass.

"Drills...?" Jun repeated uncertainly, and then smiled mildly at the waitress. He waved a hand in the air, untroubled. "No need to apologize."

When she inquired of an order he considered purchasing something, but her next question drew his attention away before he could make a decision. "Oh - Oh, this?" he asked, hefting the instrument slightly. "No, the lights are fine. It's... Well, I need this," he admitted somewhat sheepishly.

"should i swoon now or later" Ase burst out laughing " ha ha Ellie another glass please bwahahahah"

Oh.. of course he didn't mean anything by the kiss...Ellie thought sadly as she looked over at Vinny and Ase. you're being stupid...she thought to her self fiddling with the hem of her dress. "need it? are you some sort of demon or something?" she asked honestly interested." Coming Ase, " she sighed some of her happy energy from earlier gone.

In response Jun stuck his free hand out from beneath the umbrella. "A shade," he corrected gently as his hand instantly faded from view. "Only when I'm under the shade do I remain whole."

As if to further prove his explanation Jun started to move the umbrella back over his hand. Light crept over his back as he did so. "Here! Se - !"

Unintentionally exposing himself he disappeared the next instant, only a single hand remaining of where he'd been.

Vincent tilted his head to the side, raising an eyebrow, smiling. "That totally up to you, just don't expect me to catch your ass when when you faint because of my super manly charms." He said, smirking. He turned around again and went up to the young man with the umbrella. "Hello, I'm Vincent, the manager of Magic Brew, please allow me to apologize for that untasteful scene, I sincerely hope this incident does not put you of coming here again."

"Say...Ase..." Ellie began as she refilled her glass, sadness etched on her face. "wow! that's amazing!" Ellie smiled in surprise and awe.

Jun started to make a reply, pleased by the girl's delight, when he noticed the demon from before approach him. Unthinking, Jun introduced himself.

"My name is..." Ah, that's right. When in his true form his voice sounded soft and distant to others, as if he were speaking through a wall.

To the waitress and the demon his visible hand made a motion of apology. Then he raised it aloft, stepping beneath he shadows and reappearing. "Ta-da," he announced in an almost sing song manner to the waitress before addressing her companion.

"It's not anything I've seen before at a cafe, but it caught my interest enough to stay for a bit," he replied. "My name is Jun."

Impressed by the young mans, Jun's, he reminded himself, antics, Vincent smiled. "I'm glad. It's not usually as out of control as this, I assure you. It has just been a... really weird day."

"Point." Vincent agreed, scratching at his arm a little. There were not many people left in the main area, he didn't know if it was because they had to get home before sunrise or because Ase had scared them away with her outburst. Vincent chuckled, taking a seat in a nearby chair.

"hey... Vinny will you come with me to redo the shopping during the day?" she smiled, "I'll create special charms so normal humans won't be able to see us," she included.

Ellie's announcement caught his attention. "Sunrise..." Jun murmured thoughtfully, glancing out a nearby window before addressing the two. "Have either of you been followed lately?"

"Sure Ellie." Vincent answered, smiling at her. Then Jun's sentence sank in and he narrowed his eyes. "We all have, I think. Ase and I got attacked earlier today, it ended pretty nasty. Are you saying you've been followed?"

Excusing himself for his previous interruption, Jun nodded. "It's the reason why I arrived in the first place," he explained. "They suddenly came after me. Not a word, or an explanation, or anything." He tapped his bottom lip, head tilted in thought. "Is that what they're called? I hardly leave my place so I've never met people like...like them."

Vincent suddenly sprang to his feet, and ran to the window, cursing. He ripped the curtains open and stared at the alleyway outside. Narrowing his eyes, he searched first for movement in the darkness, then for souls. Inhaling sharply as he saw a stray cat leaping out of a overturned garbage can. There was nobody there.

Sighing in relief he walked back to the duo, collapsing down into his chair again.

"They're called Monster Hunters. Gruesome bastards."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back