Life is hard Isn't it ? [ Romance/Slice of life Roleplay ]

I smiled at the site of her aunt, she was indeed a nice lady. "Hi Mis Saika." I bowed politely, she deserved my respect after all. I retook Mayako's hand, seeing that her aunt peered down, smiling at the site of our hands. She probably was thinking about 'her little girl all grown up' or things like that.

"Aww," Saika put a hand to her heart when she saw them both holding hands. "From the looks in both of your eyes, I can see your relationship is holding strong?" she asked. Mayako nodded with a grin and walked into the familiar home with Anther. "Anther's really sweet, auntie," Mayako answered.

"So I've predicted! Can I get you two something?" Saika questioned, about to head into the kitchen. "I'm fine, auntie. Anther do you want anything?" Mayako glanced at him.

I looked up at her aunt. "Actually I would. Do you have tea? Jasmine?" When it was cold and crisp outside as a child I would always have Jasmine tea, making it usually myself since my parents didn't approve it for some reason, though I did not see why.

"'Course!" Saika nodded. "I'll get brew it, and you two just get comfortable," she smiled, and then entered the kitchen. Mayako looked around the room, smiling. "Even if I've been away for a few days I've really missed this place," she told Anther. She put her jacket on the hanger by them, and slipped off her boots.

"Remember going to the garden before?"

I smiled at the thought of that day, it was rather charming. "Yeah, of course. That was a pretty good day if I do say so myself." I laughed a bit and then walked us to the couch where I sat down and began to look around the room, never really been able to get a good view before.

Mayako saw a painting on the wall, one that she made when she was about ten years old and gave it to Saika. She felt herself smile. She has kept that ever since. "I made that when I was younger, and gave it to her," Mayako pointed to the painting of a hummingbird fluttering it's wings by a rose bush. "I think it's okay-looking, but she loves it," Mayako smiled at the memory.

I looked up at the painting, see the superior craftsmen ship for her age when she made it. "Wow Mayako, you really are good with all this art stuff. I love it too, I can see why your aunt loves it as well." I tightened our hands, staring at the painting smiling. This really was Mayako's home, not with her parents.

"You think so? Thanks, I always thought it needed more detail into it," Mayako replied, tightening Anther's hand back. "This house has a lot of great memories, unlike my parents' house. I loved growing up here," she said. "Tea's ready~" Saika sang, entering the living room again. She gave Anther his cup of brewed jasmine tea, and held her own.

Saika sat down in the couch across from the one Mayako and Anther sat on, a coffee table in between them. "It's been really quiet without you and Oreo here," Saika said. "How are things with you both?"

I took a sip from the jasmine tea, brewed to perfection. I let out a satisfying sigh. "Well I'd say it's been pretty good" I took another sip of the tea, the rather unique taste flowing through my veins. I set the cup on the coasting plate, making sure to be respectful.

Mayako nodded in agreement. "We just went outside today, had a bit of a snowball fight and made a snowman," she giggled. Saika smiled from hearing that. "I'm glad someone else managed to get you outside in snow other than me!" the woman said. "I remember at some point during the time when you were fifteen you'd be running in the snow, and tripping over tree roots," she said.

Mayako blushed a little. "Ah, don't tell Anther these stories, auntie!" her purple eyes looked away.

My face grew a devilish smile at the sound of Mayako. I looked up and laughed a little bit. "Awe, but these are the good stories. Please, tell me more." I looked over at Mayako, the same playfully devilish grin on my face.

"What?" Mayako looked at her aunt pleadingly. "No---"

Saika cut her off. "Well, there's another time when Mayako was younger; about eight---"

"Auntie!" Mayako cried, and her aunt laughed merrily, like she was enjoying this as much as Anther. "I was kidding, I wasn't going to tell," the woman chuckled, while Mayako was still pouting. "You both bully me sometimes,"

I laughed a bit and turned my devilish smile into a soft and caring one. I leaned over and threw my arms around her. "Love you~" I then gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, showing her that I was just messing around, some times it was just cute to see Mayako pout.

((Sorry, my laptop is getting a slow connection right now. Plus, I forgot you had the 900th comment a long time ago Dx I wish it would've been below your username or somethin'))

Mayako then smiled brightly as she was hugged then kissed on the cheek. Anther had said 'love you' very cutely. "Okay, I forgive you. I can't stay mad at you," she laughed. "Even if I tried," she added.

Saika glanced at them both, eyes switching to Mayako and Anther both. She smiled. "Hmm...are you two in love love?"

After a moment of giggling, I looked over at her aunt, taking Mayako by the hand after our exchanged kisses. "Well that depends on what you mean by 'love love'" I made air quotes with my other hand, not being able to hold in a bit of laughter.

"Oh, I think you know," Saika waved her hand. "Like...lovey dovey love," she smiled. Mayako's aunt always had a sharp eye for things. "You love him?" her aunt asked, and Mayako nodded. "Of course," she responded.

Saika smiled, looking moved to tears. "Ohh, my Mayako's grown up! I hope you both have a long happy relationship. I'll cheer for you, alright?" she said.

Mayako smiled. Saika was always golden-hearted.

I glanced over at Mayako, seeing her smile at her aunt. That really showed me they she truly was a nice lady, she treated my Mayako right. My face got a bit warm, hearing someone actually supporting our relationship, it was rather cute as well to see. "Thanks, and also thanks for treating my Mayako good." I smiled a bit and tilted my head a bit.

"Same to you, Anther! She's really been a lot happier, y'know," Saika answered. Mayako realized Saika was the only family member who knew right now that she and Anther loved each other. She wondered how her parents would react, but quickly pushed out the thought. Right now she was glad to hear Saika approved.

"Thanks so much, auntie!" Mayako held Anther's hand a little tighter.

"Ah, don't say that with those eyes. You're gonna make me cry happy tears," Saika replied. Mayako giggled.

I couldn't help but let out a soft sigh or pleasure, she was really a sweet lady. I stood up, letting go of Mayako's hand for a second. "Now now, does someone need a hug? No need for crying." The soft smile on my face continued, I couldn't be any more happy right now with anyone, except Mayako of course.

Saika started waving her hand in front of her moistened eyes, managing a grin. "Ah, come here anyway. You too, Mayako," she held open her arms, welcoming them. Mayako felt ten years younger, feeling that sense of childhood reminiscence. She hugged her aunt happily.

"Heheh, it's normally easy for you to cry when something like this happens, auntie," Mayako said, teasing a little.

"Can't help it, it comes with age!" Saika answered, and Mayako laughed.

With all of our arms rapped each other, I felt the warmth of all three of us fill the room, It felt good, something I really haven't felt anything quite like this. It wasn't like just Mayako's warmth, it felt like, like family warmth. Something I've never felt...

Mayako released herself from the hug once Saika lowered her arms from them both. "Hey, I'm curious. What'd you do this week?" the woman asked, and Mayako grinned.

"Well, we went to an anime convention, it was pretty fun," Mayako answered. Saika had already been explained to about the concept of conventions such as those and what people do there, so she didn't need to ask. "And we went to a karaoke panel to sing together," Mayako smiled.

Saika's mouth fell open a little. "You got her to sing in public?" she questioned Anther. "She was always shy about it,"

I leaned back and let my smile from the warm hug disappear. "Oh, yeah I guess I did. She didn't pretty good, it was her idea in the first place to go up, so it couldn't have been too bad right?" I laughed a bit, knowing that Mayako was usually shy, but with me she was always open, not matter what, and apparently with anything.

"Ahh, I see," Saika nodded. "So you're not as shy as you were about it! All thanks to Anther, huh?" she smiled.

Mayako brought her hand to Anther's, intertwining their fingers like they usually did together. She grinned. "It's like when I got on stage with him, the stage fright went away when I started to have fun with the song," she smiled, glancing at Anther as she said it. "He got my singing side out of its shell,"

I was mostly shocked by what she had said, I knew Mayako was more on the side of shy side, but something like singing I thought that she would do that ever. "Yeah, I guess I have. Gotta get her in check ya know?" I laughed a bit, continuing to mess with her fingers in mine as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back