• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Life in a Quarantine Zone { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Kaleb Price and Jordan DeShay
Former FEDRA officer, Former Smuggler | 25, 28 | Current location ;; New Mexico

Kaleb glanced over at Asher and chuckled a little bit. "I will definitely be telling Jordan." He said as they looked at the next apartment. It was definitely not in great condition, though it could've been much worse. He looked around before looking at Asher again as he heard him. "Our plan? We don't really have one. I guess just roaming the country side. I don't have any of them now, since I left, but I used to read when I wasn't doing things. I had a small collection of books I'd gathered, and a few I had smuggled in, that I kept under my bed. I didn't think to bring any of them with me." Kaleb admitted. "But I also enjoy watching Carlos draw, it's so fascinating how he gets so focused."

Carlos Da Silva and Asher McCoy
Aspiring Artist, Former Hunter | 23, 30 | Current location ;; New Mexico

There was only one other apartment on this floor since they were the bigger more luxurious ones. Asher moved them that direction so that they could finish it out. “Ah so you’re a reader. That is commendable. I was never much of a reader. Of course, we didn’t have a lot of chances to read with the choosing violence instead.” If he could joke about his wrong doings then maybe they wouldn’t be so bad. Or at least they wouldn’t haunt him as much.

Kaleb nodded though he did look at Asher before he snorted a laugh. "I enjoyed reading about other places, to escape from where I was. Maybe you should've read more, then you wouldn't have needed to choose violence. Or maybe just used a book and hit the officers with it instead." Kaleb said with a laugh. He tried to joke around and smile as they entered the last apartment. Again, nothing really there, at least nothing of value anyway.

“Hmm, you know, I never thought about using a book as a weapon, but I can see how that may be effective.” He laughed as he meandered through the last apartment. “Okay, I’ll make you another deal. You find me some good books, and I’ll give them a try. Until then,” he looked around, “I think we need to move on. There’s not much going on here it would seem. Where are you thinking we should go next?”

Kaleb nodded with a grin as he heard that, and chuckled a little. "It's surprisingly effective. But the hardcover ones work best, not the soft paper ones." Kaleb replied, looking around. He turned his head to look at Asher and nodded. "Okay, I feel like that's a challenge and I'm going to find you a good book or two." Kaleb told him, then hummed as he thought. "Well, these big apartments don't seem to have much, maybe we should head back and check on our two? Maybe find another building?" He asked.

Asher never knew that books could be so handy or that he would look forward to becoming more acquainted to them. He also never knew that he would be looking forward to much of anything other than another exciting day traveling with his beau. His king, perhaps? That was entertaining to say the least. And to imagine he had only known this prince for this day. It was shocking. He was going to have to tell Jordan about his progress. Well, he was going to have to pry Jordan from Carlos first. “I think you’re right. I think we should go get our men and convince them of acting like the survivors they are meant to be.” He guided Kaleb back through the floor and back to the stairs. “I think I saw a couple of stores down the street that may have actual supplies we can use.”

Last edited:

Kaleb knew they'd have to get back to their men, and if he was being honest, he missed Carlos. It still shocked and surprised him that he'd left his zone, and was followed by the most optimistic man ever, and fell in love with him. He smiled as he nodded, listening to Asher with a smile. "That sounds like a wonderful plan to me. If we can get them apart." Kaleb told him, as he moved with him back to the stairs. "So.. do I have a ride down stairs? Or do I have to hobble down myself?" Kaleb asked, his tone had a teasing nature to it.

“That is unkind and unfair of you to think I would make you hobble,” Asher responded in a faux offended tone. “I would never be so cruel. I have been told I have the makings of a gentleman, you know.” He picked Kaleb up with a bit of a flourish and bowed with him in his arms. “Okay, so you might not since I have a problem behaving, but it’s there. Probably.” He chuckled as he moved down the stairs.

Kaleb chuckled as he heard that fake offended tone. "Is that so? I had hoped you would, considering queens are supposed to be kind and gentlemanly." Kaleb said as he felt himself getting picked up and he felt the bow. "I see it a little bit, don't worry." He said with a smile as they moved down the stairs.

Asher snorted out a laugh. “Yes, I am known for being a gentlemanly queen,” he agreed as he stepped to down the stairs. “Far in wide in fact. My royal reputation precedes me I see.” He moved them to the bottom of the stairs and set Kaleb down, leaning against the doorway to the first floor with his arms cross. “So, you ready to go find the love birds?” He narrowed his eyes. “Could be fun,” he smiled.

Kaleb heard that snorted laugh and chuckled, hearing him. "I can see that. It really does precede you." Kaleb admitted as he noticed they reached the bottom of the stairs. He looked at Asher when he felt himself get set down and saw him leaning against the doorway. "With how you just said that, I'm not so sure I want to now." Kaleb said with a chuckle.

Asher looked over his shoulder and out the doorway like he might see them. Or hear them. “I dunno. Could be boring. But also could be… something else. Tell me. How’s your boy’s stamina? Because mine…” Asher grinned and looked off into the distance. “Mine can be a lot.” He turned to look at Kaleb and put his arm out to help him walk. “But who knows. Maybe they remembered why we are here.”

Kaleb watched Asher look over his shoulder and then he heard his question. Kaleb was confused, and then his eyes widened and he blushed. "I- I don't know about his stamina.." Kaleb admitted, though he did take the arm for help. "Maybe they did, but I don't know." He said with a sigh, although he hoped that Carlos did eventually remember why they were there, and that Kaleb was still there. He was getting better with his insecurity, but he couldn't help but over think again.

Asher gazed over at Kaleb and considered his new friend. This was one of those moments that he probably needed that reassurance that Asher was so bad about giving. With his other hand, he patted Kaleb’s shoulder. “Don’t worry about it. You’re new to this. That’s okay.” He began to guide them back through the rooms on the first floor. “It’s still weird and a bit unnerving for you. I get that. Sort of. But just remember that no matter what, you’re number one.” Asher often needed to remind himself of that too. “Besides, they may have their hands all over each other, but I have never seen anyone look at someone the way Carlos looks at you. I don’t blame him. You’re quite the catch.”

Kaleb looked at Asher, and felt the pat on his shoulder. He heard that and tilted his head, before he felt Asher start to guide them back through the rooms. "It's weird for sure, but.. does it get any easier? Seeing the one you love with his hands all over someone else?" Kaleb asked, his insecurity showing through. "Wait.. really? And, I never considered myself a catch.." Kaleb admitted, looking away before he swallowed, hating that he let his insecure self show up again.

“Does it ever get easier?" Asher repeated. “Sure. ‘Course, I had the added advantage of knowing who he was ahead of time. A charmer and a flirt. Sound familiar?” He chuckled lowly. “But sometimes, I still want to just be an us. But also, I kinda dig that he’s got other sides.” He gave Kaleb a reassuring squeezed from the arm supporting him. “You have to decide that it doesn’t bother you. Because what does it really matter? The world ended. So did all those social norms.” He laughed again. “And yes, for sure a catch. What’s not to like? Can hold your own even if you’re a little out of sorts with that leg. A wealth of useful tactics and strategy. A kindness we do not deserve. Isn’t that what we’re all looking for?”

Kaleb looked at him, listening to him. He chuckled a little at the comment and nodded. "Very familiar." He replied. Kaleb knew that feeling, wanting to be just them, but as he listened to Asher it was starting to make a little more sense. He felt the reassuring squeeze from Asher, and nodded as well. It really shouldn't matter, should it? Besides, now that he wasn't jealous, it was rather fascinating to see Carlos with Jordan, seeing them matching each other's energy. His eyes flicked over to Asher, hearing him and his face was dark red as he blushed. He was used to Carlos complimenting him, but it still made him blush too. "I've never thought about it like that before." Kaleb admitted.

Jordan pulled open the door as he walked out of the room before looking back at Carlos. "Well. That was a rather interesting teaching moment. What do you think handsome?" Jordan asked as he turned and leaned against the door frame with a grin across his face. "Should probably find our boys now though I suppose."

Well of course not. Kaleb was not the kind of person to have considered that without someone else telling him. That was what made him so fascinating. So great. This was why Jordan wanted to keep them. How did Jordan do that? He was so good at reading who people were from so few interactions. Asher absolutely could not do that. He always assumed the worst. He was afraid that Jordan simply assumed the best, but maybe it was more than that. “Yeah, I didn’t think you would have.” He moved them back towards where they originally split and then went the most logical direction. They were bound to find them - hear them if nothing else- eventually.

Carlos all but staggered out of the room. He leaned against the other side of the door frame, smiling like he just ate a most delicious meal, and boy was he delicious, and eyed the empty hallway. “Mmhmm,” he answered as he stepped away, one hand on Jordan’s arm. “I think you just changed my life.” He bit his bottom lip before twirling around and taking one step, looking back over his shoulder with a charming grin and then faced forward. “We sure should. I miss them. I miss my beautiful blue eyes.” He reached behind him to that arm, what strong arms, and pulled him along. “And his strong jaw. What beautiful angles.”

Kaleb looked at Asher as he spoke and chuckled for a moment, a blush crossing his face as he moved with Asher. "It's hard to think that way sometimes, especially after living with my father." Kaleb said quietly as they walked, turning his head slightly so he could listen. Up ahead he heard Jordan's laughter and nodded his head. "Sounds like they're up that way."

Jordan laughed as he looked at Carlos, and the hand on his arm. "That's what I do handsome. I change lives." He said, watching Carlos twirl and take a step. "I have to admit, I miss my ex-hunter. He is quite something." Jordan commented as he felt Carlos pull him along, his head turned as he caught a faint sound of words up ahead. "Sounds like your blue eyes is up ahead."

Carlos was already moving that way when he registered the sound of Kaleb’s voice as Jordan too pointed it out. His hand slipped away as his feet took him briskly down the hall and around a corner. His smile widened so much that it probably hurt, but he didn’t care. There was his Kaleb. It wasn’t even like they were apart that long. He twisted around to kiss Jordan on the cheek. “You are a delectable snack, and I will be coming back for more later.” He laughed and ran down the hall, arms outstretched and the big boisterous laugh booming between them. “This one is mine,” he said possibly as a reminder or possibly just for fun. Asher slid out of the way in time for Carlos to wrap his large arms around the love of his life and hold him close. “I missed you. Isn’t that silly?”

Asher couldn’t help but smile at that. “What’d I tell you? I’ve never seen anyone like that.” He slipped back a step and then leisurely made his way back to Jordan’s side. “So, have fun with your new beau?” He gently nudged his arm against Jordan’s. “Because while you were playing we were doing real things, you know.” He looked up at the ceiling. “Nothing of use up there, by the way.”

Kaleb looked up as he heard footsteps coming closer, and the moment he saw Carlos, his smile grew wide. "I believe you." He said as he saw those outstretched arms and big laugh, as Asher slid away and arms wrapped around him. Kaleb wrapped his arms around Carlos back and smiled, feeling him hold him close. "I can't believe you missed little ol' me. That is very silly." Kaleb told him, leaning in and kissing him like they hadn't been apart for such a little time but like they'd been apart for years.

Jordan watched the two reunite and then looked over at Asher when he made his way to his side. "I did have a lot of fun. He's definitely been fun." Jordan chuckled, smiling at the nudge against his arm. "Real things? Is that where you got that hat?" Jordan teased, turning to look at Asher with a grin on his face. "Oh good, see. You did the work so we didn't have to, how considerate of you." He laughed with a big smile on his face.

“Of course I missed you!” Carlos exclaimed. He was ready to start his usual sappy spiel about being made for each other, meant to be, and other various soulmate type speech when suddenly there was no space between them. Apparently Kaleb missed him too. The whole world disappeared when Kaleb kissed him, and Carlos never wanted it to come back. Sure, he may have just been doing something similar with Jordan, but it was nothing compared to this. Sorry, Jordan. When he finally pulled away, he was grinning like an idiot, and he absolutely loved that. “Mm, maybe it’s not so silly after all.”

Asher tipped his hat. “Oh, you mean this thing? I got it for you.” He gripped it with two fingers and plucked it from his head before placing it down on Jordan’s. “I thought you would like some whimsy.” He rolled his eyes and patted his cheek. “I just know how you are. You know how that is?” He leaned in close, lips brushing against cheek and ear. “Too stinking cute for your own good.” He eyed the other two. “Much like that one I suppose.” He ran his hand so that one finger hooked under Jordan’s chin, something he learned from Jordan. “You have to tell me all about it later, m’kay?”

Kaleb was finding out just how much he loved kissing Carlos the more times he did. And initiating it was just as intoxicating. He blinked when Carlos pulled away, but the smile grew wider on his face. "Absolutely not silly." Kaleb agreed, before glancing over at Jordan in his hat now and chuckled. "So did you have fun with him dear?" Kaleb asked.

Jordan arched an eyebrow and chuckled, seeing Asher put the hat on his head. "I do like it gorgeous, thank you." He said, feeling the pat to his cheek. "I do know how that is" Jordan added, a shiver racing down his spine at the lips against his cheek and ear. A low chuckle slipped out as he flicked his gaze towards the other two. He was distracted again by Asher, as he was often, when he felt the finger hook under his chin. "I'll tell you all about it if you tell me all about your adventures with the blonde one."

Carlos found himself falling into a bit of a self made hole, not a bad one just one that he never could pull himself out of very quickly, as he just stared at Kaleb. His beautiful eyes and beautiful skin. The lines that connected jaw to cheek to nose to brow. He loved him so much it was hard to think about anything else. He turned his head to look in the direction Kaleb glanced and raised both of his eyebrows. “Oh, he has a hat now? Mm, dashing. I like it.” He grinned and nodded. “Yes, I certainly did.” He turned back and smiled mischievously. “I have never met anyone who can do the things he can.” He shooks his head with eyes closed while he hummed. “You think I blow you away with the tame little things I do? Mm.” He sucked in a breath. He rubbed his cheek against Kaleb’s. “But also, now I’m tired,” he laughed. “You’ll have to support me this time,” he teased.

Asher, very much aware of the potential audience, ran that hooked finger down Jordan’s throat. “We went down some stairs.” He ran it back up. “We went up some stairs.” He grabbed the front of Jordan’s shirt and started pulling him towards the other two. “And we walked some. I am sure we were boring compared to you. Come on, love bug. We have places to search, which aren’t here. Kaleb and I already did that for you.” He pointed towards Carlos. “And for you. You are both very welcome.”

Kaleb watched Carlos stare at him, before he chuckled, seeing him look back at Jordan. "He certainly looks good in that hat." Kaleb admitted before he saw Carlos smile that mischievous smile and raised an eyebrow, listening to him. "Oh..? I guess you'll have to show me what he taught you my love. Especially if the tame things you do pale in comparison." Kaleb said before he felt the rub of his cheek against Kaleb's. "You can support yourself, I've got someone else to support me." Kaleb teased, gaze flicking to Asher and winked.

Jordan felt the hooked finger run down his throat, then back up. He felt the grab on his shirt and moved willingly. "You were very boring compared to us my love. But.. I appreciate you searching this building. Shall we move on to the next one?" Jordan asked, smiling and chuckling as he moved closer to the other two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back