• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Life in a Quarantine Zone { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Carlos Da Silva and Asher McCoy
Aspiring Artist, Former Hunter | 23, 30 | Current location ;; New Mexico

Had he not been himself, Carlos might have felt guilty for the way his entire body was instantly engrossed in the moment. No one had ever been able to completely steal away his attention the way Jordan did by doing something so simple. He missed the feeling of something exciting and new, and though he was certain that was coming with Kaleb, he also was certain that this was never going to be what he would get with his love. That was okay. He did not love Kaleb for the way he kissed Carlos. Well, he did, and every time Kaleb kissed him he felt like he was on the moon, but that was an entirely different thing than this. He was losing his focus quickly, because Jordan’s deep and intense kiss kept pulling him back to the present. He absolutely adored when something could do that. Two could play at that game. He squeezed his fingers, taking the hair he captured with him, before pulling firmly but not too roughly back. His hot breath intermingled with Jordan’s as his lips barely grazed them as he spoke. “Then teach me something, Red. I am an excellent student.”

That was when Asher actually smiled. It was little and only came from one side, but it was there. “Good. I’m glad I can compare to the experts.” He readjusted so that he was support now that they could get to moving and walking again. “Also, I just thought I would say this as the outside perspective, that man absolutely adores you. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone look at another person the way he looks at you even when he’s attached to mine. So I don’t think you have to worry about not being what he wants. But I think we can both be happy to let them do them to get whatever out of their system.” He waved a hand in the general direction of away before beginning to move them into the hallway.

Kaleb Price and Jordan DeShay
Former FEDRA officer, Former Smuggler | 25, 28 | Current location ;; New Mexico

Jordan’s hands moved, grasping Carlos’ cheeks as he felt that firm pull back on his hair. Those words, those lips so close to his. He pushed his fingers so they tangled up into his hair, eyes focused entirely on Carlos. “Oh I can teach you things.” Jordan promised, and started with kissing him deeply, fingers pushed into the back of his head to create pressure and stepped closer as their bodies pressed together.

That smile was beautiful. He could see exactly why Jordan liked him. He listened to Asher, nodding and smiling himself. “Sometimes it’s hard to not worry, especially when your entire life, you were left alone and no one wanted you. I do wonder and worry that one day he’ll tire of me.” Kaleb admitted as they walked. “Though, perhaps having someone like Jordan to get whatever that is out, is a good thing.”

And that was the beauty of people like this. People who would not shy away from this kind of challenge. Carlos knew people back in the QZ who would try, but they never lived up to the expectations Carlos always wished for. He knew that one day, he could find someone who would not be afraid. Yeah, yeah this guy was not afraid. This guy had experience that Carlos had not had the pleasure of living. His fingers loosened only because his hands couldn’t be still they wanted more than that. So they searched for it. He tore himself away, noses still pressed together, and teased, “Is that it, Lovebug? Because I already know that.” He ran his lips up Jodan’s cheek and to his ear. “Teach me something I don’t know, beautiful.”

Asher snorted a laugh. “I never used to worry, you know. Way back when the world wasn’t like this.” He looked at the approaching doors in a winding hallway that would likely lead to a common area. “I remember when the world was mine. Didn’t have to worry about not being good enough for someone. Didn’t need a Carlos or a Jordan to bring something that I couldn’t.” His voice moved like a dream for that moment as he remembered all those many years ago. Decades. “I was enough.” He coughed a little as he brought himself back. “And I’m slowly learning that we are enough. It’s just hard to remember, especially when they tell you that you’re everything and then flirt with the next guy who comes.” He shrugged poorly.

Jordan was not shy, at all. Not anymore. He was at first when he was younger, but as he started learning to smuggle, he got very very comfortable with himself, people and the love he showed. He wasn't expecting for the fingers in his hair to loosen, and then Carlos was torn away, and Jordan arched an eyebrow at him, feeling his lips run up his cheek and ear. "Find me an empty room and I'll teach you so much gorgeous. Kaleb will never let you go, then again, I might not either."

Kaleb listened to Asher, listened to his words. It made him wonder just what this man beside him had been through. "I uh.. know what you mean. Well. Sort of. Being on your own, you didn't need to be enough for anyone else. As long as you did your job and did it well, that was all that mattered. It took meeting Carlos to realize that sometimes being alone wasn't enough." Kaleb said, as they walked down the hallway. "And I get that a little too well. I just went through that with Jordan and Carlos. I was so scared and jealous, hearing him tell me that I was everything he ever wanted, only to flirt with Jordan a few hours later."

Was that a challenge? A beautiful man challenging him? Mmm okay. Empty room. That would not be so hard in an abandoned place such as this. Both of his hands grasped the back of Jordan’s neck as he feigned like pressing another kiss but instead captured both lips in his teeth before sliding away. “Let’s go, handsome,” he purred before he twirled around and silently disappeared down the hall in search of a suitable empty room. On this first floor, there were plenty of those in the back, office type rooms. Closets, bathrooms, halls that led to rooms that did something Carlos didn’t understand because he had never had any experience. But finally, he found something he thought might be what they were looking for. He held onto the doorframe, leaning out with one hand up as he hooked a finger towards himself. “Well come on then. Show me what you got, teach.”

Asher brought them to the first room on their walk. It was not so bad other than it did look like it was abandoned in a hurry. As he moved them inside to take a look around he said, “you want to know about when I was jealous too? Because even I got jealous a little bit. I mean, nothing like what you had to go through. I knew who Jordan was immediately. He flirted with too many of the guys I talked to for me not to know. But right at the beginning, when I hadn’t even seen him with anyone else, and I knew that someone like that had to be like that with others- that was when I was jealous. Because that meant that couldn’t just be for me. That was put on for anyone.” He shrugged as he scanned the room. “Of course, I didn’t know people could be like that. So don’t feel too bad about it. I told Jordan as much. We had different circumstances.”

Last edited:

Jordan was expecting a kiss when he felt the grab behind his neck, instead he got both lips captured by Carlos' teeth instead. Hmm. Fascination in his eyes, as he heard him purr and Jordan grinned, following with a smile on his face. When a room was found, he saw Carlos holding onto the doorframe and grinned at the comment. "Come on handsome." He said, walking into the room, passed Carlos and snagging his hand as he went by, pulling him in and shutting the door.

Kaleb was quite comfortable with Asher, even though he shouldn't be considering, but he was. He glanced at Asher when they made it into the first room and tilted his head. "I have to admit, hearing it like that, I agree. I felt that way with Carlos, but I was afraid he wouldn't stay with me after he found someone else." Kaleb said as he looked around the room. "I'll just lean against the wall here if you want to search a little more thoroughly."

Asher peered over at Kaleb, that slight smile dancing on his lips as he paused them at the wall. His arm lingered a moment before it fell away. “Give me like a minute. You stay there looking cute and being unnecessarily kind in a cruel world, and I will be right back.” He slipped away and moved through the room at his usual quick pace. He so easily sped through the drawers and shelves. He knew what they were looking for, and his trained eyes were fast on spotting things. He was gone maybe a minute or two before appearing again with an arm to offer. “Nothing too interesting, but we have plenty more rooms where this came from. Shall we?”

Kaleb saw that slight smile and smiled back, his cheeks tinged pink. “Okay.” He said, watching Asher for a moment. There was something about the former Hunter that Kaleb found fascinating, intriguing and he was amazed at how fast he went through a room. Kaleb took that arm and smiled wider. “We shall. After you.” He said, ready to check the next room.

Once upon a time, when Asher was young and the world was his, he used to be a prince. His parents treated him like royalty, and they called him as such. He was their little prince. He would pretend to be a prince sometimes. He would bow and wave and ask ‘How do you do?’ Sometimes when Asher was feeling particularly good about himself, he would become that prince again. Jordan woke that side of him after many years of being dormant. “Why thank you.” Now he bowed his head and stepped lightly forward, almost like a dancer, once before continuing forward. All of his steps were light and quiet when they weren’t heavy and purposefully intimidating. He moved them to the next room, another equally boring but potentially resourceful one. “Would you like to move around this one or would you like me to do the honors?”

He smiled, chuckling a little at the bowed head and the thank you. He loved Carlos, deeply, but he was growing fond of Asher. There was something about him that just called to Kaleb. The same yet different. As they came to the next room, he hummed for a moment. “As long as you catch me if I fall, I should be fine to look around, test this leg.” Kaleb said, moving from Asher’s side. He was unsteady, and walked with a pretty bad limp but he made it to the first spot to search, an old dresser which revealed sharps, some rags and a bottle. Not horrible finds. Though he may have used his energy so he leaned his back against the dresser and rested for a moment.

Asher stayed closed as Kaleb made his way to the dresser. For that kind of injury, Kaleb was doing impressively well. Asher liked the desire for independence but understanding that aid was necessary too. He wished that he could have been like that when he was younger. He spent so many years of his life being himself. Sometimes he wondered how he could have been if he shared with someone else. When Kaleb began to check, he stepped quickly away to a little side table, swiping the drawer open before he reached the table, and having clocked the empty space, did not even stop before moving on to the next surface. A small circle table with a couple of items. “Hmm,” he considered as he scanned the surface before reaching it. That bottle could be useful for creating a silencer. Good. They were looking for more. He swiped it and turned his trajectory before stopping. “This the kind of thing you want for your stealthy shooting?” He presented it to Kaleb as he sidled next to him where he rested. “I’ve still got some.”

Kaleb appreciated having Asher stay close to him. He had always been independent, from when he was younger. Having a father that didn’t act like a father was a big part of that. His eyes glanced over as he saw Asher quickly searching and then as he was resting coming over to him. “That’s exactly what I’ve been looking for.” He said with a smile. “Thank you. I uh.. I’m going to rest a little before we move on. Unless you’re ready now, then we can go.”

Asher tossed the bottle up once as he thought. “How about this?” He placed the bottle on the dresser beside Kaleb. “You stay right there and catch your breath, tell your leg that it’s going to be okay, and I will finish checking this room.” His eyes darted up to quickly scan to formulate the quickest and most straight forward path to retrieve any potential items. “And then we can move on to the next room.” He pulled away and strode across the room to the other side where he had not yet checked. He opened a partially falling door to a closet to see what he could find. Not much other than a box of some sharps that he pocketed. And an interesting hat. He was not much of a hat person, but he would be amused to put it on Jordan. It was one of those wide brimmed black things that people who thought they were cool wore. He shook it as he slipped to the side to check one last side table, but he realized as his fingers touched the knob that the inner workings had collapsed and weren’t going to open. “Not meant to be I guess.” With less dust coating it now, he plopped the hat on his head and joined Kaleb again.

Kaleb looked over at Asher as he set the bottle on the dresser, and nodded. "That sounds like a good plan." Kaleb agreed, watching him stride across the room and start checking. It didn't take long, before Asher came back with a black hat on his head which looked good on him. "Nice hat, are we ready to move on?" He asked, sufficiently rested and ready to go.

“Thanks, I thought it would look good on Jordan with his fiery hair.” He ran a hand over the brim of the hat. He stepped aside with a slight bow as he offered up his arm. “Yes, I am perfectly ready.” He led them out of the room and back to the hall. “Which way? This is one of those sprawling complexes, and there is no route that seems particularly better than the rest.” There were too many hallways coming together and not enough information immediately available for him to create a good way to go forward.

Kaleb nodded with a laugh. “I can definitely see it on Jordan.” He said, smiling as he took Asher’s arm after he saw that slight bow. As he was led out of the room and he looked at the sprawling hallways. “Let’s take the first one to the left and work our way until we hit all of them?” He suggested, glancing to look at Asher.

Asher nodded with approval. He too usually started from the left and moved to the right. He usually went a bit faster than Kaleb could mange currently, but that was not exactly his fault. He had dealt with his fair share of difficult injuries as well that were more than a little inconvenient. “I think that is a great idea.” He left them to the left and down the first of the winding hallways. This must have been on of these complexes that wanted to be fancier than the rest. If nothing else, that did make it interesting. Every couple of turns there was another sizable sitting area that was surrounded by doors to adjacent apartments. Asher had a feeling that these must have been some of the bigger ones. He moved to the first door and peered inside. “Posh living once upon a time,” he mused as he took in the draperies.

Kaleb saw that nod of approval and smiled wide, and then the words of confirmation just made him happier. "I'm glad you think so." Kaleb admitted as Asher led them down the left and he looked around. The fancy sitting areas were fascinating, and so were the apartments. Kaleb glanced inside the room and chuckled. "I can't imagine people living like this. It's so weird." Kaleb admitted, having only known the barracks and the small house he'd grown up in. It was not nearly as fancy as these apartments were.

Asher ran his fingers across the drapes before letting them drop as they made their way through the apartment. These kinds of places were not about to have anything terribly useful for them. “I used to live like this,” he admitted. His words were kind of wistful as he fell into the memory. “I wasn’t very old, but I remember the day it all happened. Before that, I had this.” He smiled. “We were in a house much bigger than this. It was filled with so many things we would never need to survive. My parents had money. So much money. and it all meant nothing when the world ended.” He sighed. “But it’s not so bad here. The company is better than it used to be then.” His smiled widened as he peered at his companion. It was so true. He never would have met Jordan in that old world. He never would have met Kaleb. These were far better people than the ones his parents kept around them when he was younger. He was certain that he would have ended up just like them.

Kaleb listened with rapt attention to Asher. He could hear the wistful words, the memory. It made him wonder all the more about his new traveling companion. “I’ve never been in a place like this. I was born in the QZ, in a small house that had bare basics. I had nothing in my room but a bed and a dresser for my clothes.” Kaleb admitted, looking beside him at Asher. “I have to agree though, the company is pretty nice. I’m glad we ran into you two.”

“Never?“ asher should have known that. “See, nothing good ever came from the quarantine zones.” He moved them along to the next apartment in case it was more useful. It was equally posh. “Except maybe you guys. Jordan came from one too.” He moved to one of the bedrooms and sighed at how nice it looked. It was like this place was preserved in time and not affected by the infection at all. “You’re not going anywhere specific, right? I’ll take you to one of those nice houses. Like this but a whole house.” He grinned for a moment. “Treat you like a prince for a while. Jordan is king, of course.”

Kaleb shook his head and then he chuckled a little. "You aren't wrong, nothing was good. They didn't even do their job right, so many infected right outside the walls." He said as they moved into a bedroom. "No, we're not going anywhere specific. Just traveling." Kaleb told him, as his eyes widened a little. "Really? You know, it's funny you say that, because I was considered the prince of my zone. I was the only son to any of the generals in Denver. Not that it mattered. And of course Jordan is king. Wait.. does that make you the queen?" Kaleb asked, his voice light and teasing as he looked at Asher with a big smile.

From one prince to another. Asher knew he liked this guy. He liked him far more than he should. Kaleb should have been everything that he hated, and it was a bizarre feeling for him not to be. He wondered if this was how Carlos felt about him. No wonder Carlos groveled at his feet. “Well, my parents always called me a little prince. So it was natural for me to find royalty. I guess in actuality I would be the prince consort, but no, I guess you’re right. I went from prince to queen.” He laughed. “It’s just as well. The day I realized I wasn’t about to find my own queen did change things.” Everyone had their ‘oh’ moment. “Then I’ll invite you to be prince in my stead. How does that sound?”

Kaleb looked at Asher for a moment, that smile still on his face. “Queen Asher. Has a ring to it.” He said with a quiet laugh. Then he tilted his head a little. He knew that, understood that. “And I’ll gladly take the position of prince. And I’ll hold onto it just for you.” Kaleb told him, a definitive nod as well. He was finding that he liked Asher, liked who he was even if he shouldn’t. After all this man killed his fellow FEDRA officers, and survivors but, Kaleb looked past that and saw who Asher was really. And he liked it. A lot.

The next apartment was in less great condition as the last but was still better than most. “You are going to have to tell Jordan that. He is going to love it.” To imagine that he was coming from too cranky and set in his ways to even talk as they walked through Pittsburgh to becoming a queen was still a bit strange but also kind off amazing. There should be more people like them in the world. The Jordans and the Kalebs. Asher never thought he would find two people he liked. He and Jordan had run across others plenty of times, others who weren’t part of quarantine zones or FEDRA. He didn’t like them like he was drawn to these two. It was confusing and a bit exhilarating. “So, tell me Prince Kaleb of Boston, what is your plan? How are you going to fill up your life without your royal duties? What do you do when you aren’t having to do all the real things for your King?” Asher found that he wanted to know more about Kaleb.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back