• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Life in a Quarantine Zone { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Carlos Da Silva and Asher McCoy
Aspiring Artist, Former Hunter | 23, 30 | Current location ;; New Mexico

Relief fell across Carlos’ body like a nice warm blanket in the winter. He took a large step forward, no longer worried about what was going to happen. They were past what Carlos could only assume was the worst of when this happened. And it was obvious this happened with some frequency. Jordan had his work cut out for him. Kaleb may have been rude when the Officer was in control, but he was never that kind of aggressive. Carlos had a feeling that sometimes Asher was worse than that. A whole lot worse with the way Jordan held onto him. He wanted to know who the hunters of Pittsburgh really were.

Asher chewed at the inside of his cheek. He wasn’t. He was not a good person. He knew that about himself. He accepted it. He could be better with Jordan. So much better. He could smile and laugh and do all the right things, but he would always be that hunter from Pittsburgh who was quick to anger, especially in the face of the people he hated the most. He could never be someone like Kaleb. “I appreciate that,” he finally said as he looked at a face too good for him. Surrounded by people too good.

“Okay, so it’s group hug time, and no one can stop me.” Carlos pushed himself around the two of them and pulled Jordan in as well. These were the kinds of moments that required everyone to be very much a part of it.

Kaleb Price and Jordan DeShay
Former FEDRA officer, Former Smuggler | 25, 28 | Current location ;; New Mexico

Kaleb would continue to think that Asher was a good person, because he was a firm believer in letting your past shape your future. He was a good example of that, considering his own past and his struggles still. He smiled at Asher, his blue eyes watching him. "I'm glad. I don't want us to fight or be mad. I kind of like this." Kaleb replied, before he felt two large arms around him and he chuckled, knowing Carlos was behind him. Jordan ended up getting pulled in to, his arms wrapping around Asher and both larger men's hands touched each others. "I guess it's group hugging time. This is what we get for having two very affectionate and intense men in our lives."

Last edited:

Asher smiled despite himself. It was contagious when everyone else was smiling around him. Kind of like this. “Me too,” he said as he fell into a hug that kept him upright. There were so many people around him, that if he were to completely let go now, he was pretty sure that they would keep him up. “I kind of like it too.”

Carlos rested his head on Kaleb’s shoulder. “I am so glad that you two are like this. You are such beautiful people.” He kissed Kaleb’s cheek and then he kissed Asher’s. Asher froze, mildly shocked, but softened quickly. “And now you can work out all that weird tension without trying to kill my love.” He smirked. “But I can think of several things you could do.” To which Asher blushed for the first time in a very, very long time.

Kaleb was stuck in the middle with Asher but he didn't mind. He was just glad that they were okay, it took a lot for Kaleb to be okay with others, but he was working on it. He felt Asher fall into the hug and he couldn't help the chuckle as he stood there. He felt Carlos' head rest on his shoulder and he smiled at the kiss to his cheek, before he saw the shock on Asher's face when Carlos kissed him. His smile got bigger though, and he rolled his eyes at his partner's comment. "You are crazy, and I don't know why I put up with you." Kaleb commented, and he heard Jordan laugh, and saw the blush on Asher's face which he found beautiful. Jordan leaned forward and kissed Asher's other cheek and just for fun, kissed Kaleb's cheek as well to which Kaleb blushed this time.

Carlos, still settled into Kaleb’s shoulder, winked at Asher, who was still red like Kaleb. Asher sighed and shook his head. “How are you two the exact same?” He groaned, sighed, and poorly attempted to wave a hand at them. “Didn’t I tell you guys to go do something else and leave us alone? Search or make out or something? Why are you still here? Go away, I’m bonding with my new ex-FEDRA friend.” He looked at Kaleb and smiled almost shyly. “I am sorry. I shouldn’t have been so-“ he frowned at himself. “I have been known to overreact sometimes.”

Jordan chuckled at Asher’s comment. Then he sighed dramatically and looked at Carlos. “I think our loves are telling us to leave them alone. So.. you coming?” He asked. He kissed Asher’s cheek once more before he pulled away. Jordan winked at Carlos and headed back to where they’d been before everything happened. “You coming handsome?” He called again.

Kaleb chuckled at that and looked at Carlos. “Go get him. We’re set here.” He said before turning to look at Asher. “If you want overreacting, I’ve got some stories for you from our travels.”

Asher felt the calm wash over him. He was the even keel guy he was trying so hard to be again. He could be Asher the traveler instead of Asher the hunter. But as Jordan began to pull away, even though he was the one who told him to do it. His chest constricted, and the panic of being alone crept in. “Jordan!” He bit back the pain of being him and remembered to breathe. He wasn’t alone. He would have Kaleb, the perfectly good guy who could possibly make Asher better. He pulled away knowing that Carlos still had Kaleb, and moved away quickly. Asher caught Jordan’s chin with his fingers and he smiled. “I love you.” Because he did. More than anything else. Jordan was the best thing to ever happen to him. “Don’t do anything stupid, ‘Kay babe?”

Carlos grinned and slid his arms around Kaleb’s waist from behind. “Don’t worry, Asher. He’s got me. I’ll keep him out of trouble.”

Jordan stopped and turned the moment he heard Asher call his name. He smiled as Asher caught his chin with his fingers and told Jordan he loved him. “I love you too.” He replied, before he grinned wide. “Me? Do something stupid? I would never. Besides, I’ve got handsome over there to keep me safe and get me back to you.” He added. Kaleb watched the two, feeling Carlos’ arms around his waist.

Asher’s life would have never gotten so good if Jordan had not run into him that day. That day changed his life, and though he didn’t know it at the time, it was exactly what he needed. Maybe like Kaleb with Carlos. He pressed a gentle kiss to Jordan’s lips and smiled. Thank you for being my anchor even when the seas are angry. “Okay, sure.” Then he pushed him away. “Now get out of here. I don’t want to see either of you anymore. Move it.” He turned around and pointed to Carlos. “Get out. He’s mine.” Asher walked with purpose, hands out to take Kaleb from Carlos. When Carlos looked at him without moving, interested of course, Asher pushed him aside to become Kaleb’s support. He looked dead in Carlos face and pointed towards Jordan. “Get. Out.” Carlos laughed, kissed Kaleb’s cheek, and nodded. “Alright, alright, I’m leaving.” He followed Jordan but looked back over his shoulder. “Don’t do anything stupid,” he repeated with a chuckle and then disappeared with Jordan.

Jordan smiled at the kiss to his lips, chuckling a moment later when he heard Asher tell them to get out. Jordan turned and headed towards the door, casting one more glance to the three of them and headed back out to the front where the two of them had been before. Kaleb had blushed a light red at Asher's words, hearing him tell Carlos to get out, and that Kaleb was now Asher's. He couldn't help but chuckle a little as Asher took over as his support, and Carlos finally left, after he kissed Kaleb's cheek. "So.. now what?" Kaleb asked Asher.

The moment Carlos was out of the room, he reached for Jordan’s hand and all but skipped into the main lobby. “Well, Red, you certainly have one doozy of a partner. And yet, I am here allowing him to keep my Kaleb.” He shrugged and threw their hands into the air. “That was a strange but beautiful experience, and I thank you for allowing us to be part of it.”

Asher watched them leave and then sighed so heavily it sounded like a tire losing air. “I don’t know but I am exhausted. If they stuck around any longer, they were going to keep making suggestions that would make you blush, and then they would probably start getting affectionate and then handsy, and I didn’t think I was in the mood for that.” He turned to see that they were pretty close to the couch again, so, without much thought, he scooped a Kaleb, stepped back the couple of feet, and plopped the two of them on that couch. “Where were we before I rudely interrupted us? Something about why entirely reasonable people such as ourselves were hanging out with unreasonable people such as them. Mm, right. Carlos infiltrated your poor life choices and forced you to see past your unfortunate upbringing as a potential bully, a thing that you were already ignoring if I managed to process that correctly in my crazy. And me? That man literally ran into me, and then we have yet to actually be apart since then. Yeah, I don’t actually know how that happened.”

Jordan felt Carlos take his hand and followed him into the lobby. He chuckled as he looked over at the other man and nodded. "Yes, yes I do. He isn't a bad guy, just had some really bad things happen to him. But he won't hurt Kaleb, if he was he'd have done it or I would still be in there." He told him before he smiled. "Of course. The more the merrier." He said before he turned serious for a moment. "I could sense you wanted to know about Pittsburgh, am I right or wrong?" He asked.

Kaleb looked at him and nodded. He was very much exhausted from this whole day. He wanted to find somewhere to relax for the night. Curl into Carlos and sleep. Kaleb listened to him and chuckled, knowing that was exactly what would happen. He let out a gasp as Asher scooped him up and brought them both to the couch. He had never been scooped and then sat down with, but it was rather interesting. He listened to him and he wanted to say that he didn't have a choice in his life until he met Carlos but he didn't want to cause another issue so he kept quiet. His eyebrows rose at that last comment. "Wait, Jordan ran into you?"

Carlos paused as Jordan became far more serious than before. He twirled beneath their raised hands so that he was facing Jordan. “Yes” he answered, unsure how to say what he wanted to say. So, like he did, he just said it. He moved back until he was sitting on the reception desk. “I felt like I was the only one in the room who was not aware of some very important part of the story, and I didn’t think then was the moment to ask.”

Asher, unphased by the scooping and sitting, nodded. He traveled with Jordan. They had done worse. Or better depending on the point of view. “Yes. He was running down the street and was too busy looking behind him to get away from a whole heap of hunters who were unhappy that he did not fall into their trap and ran straight into me.” He shook his head as he leaned back, hands behind his head and eyes staring at a breaking ceiling. “At least Carlos didn’t run into you.”

Jordan nodded, watching as Carlos moved to sit on the reception desk. Jordan snagged a chair and sat down in front of him, letting out a heavy sigh. "The Pittsburgh Quarantine Zone was originally run by FEDRA. A group of rebels decided they would overthrow FEDRA and regain control of their city. They didn't like how FEDRA ruled the zone with absolute power. Asher lost both his parents to FEDRA as well as several other people. The group of rebels became hunters and any person that entered their city was hunted for sport and killed. I got out with Asher's help. In fact, I ran right into him and he helped me get free from them." Jordan explained.

Kaleb noticed that Asher was unphased by the fact that Kaleb was basically sitting on him. He had feeling this was nothing new considering who he traveled with. It was helpful seeing a mirrored relationship to his own, like the love was true no matter who was flirted with. Kaleb listened and couldn't help but picture it. It was quite the picture in his head of Jordan running away and running straight into Asher. He looked at the other man and nodded. "True, but he made a mural that caught my attention. He even started a riot so he'd have time to paint it."

Carlos kicked his legs a little as he sat there and listened. That was such an interesting way for their QZ to go. Was it worse than Denver? Obviously. Denver had Kaleb and those kind and beautiful eyes. “So instead of killing you, Asher defected and is trying to change his murderous ways but is struggling due to the hatred for the people who are responsible for the death of his parents.” He nodded and then tilted his head to the side. “How did you convince him to go with you and be the hero instead? Was it your charm?” He asked with a smile.

A mural. That was sweet. He did seem like the kind of guy who would paint to show his love. One of those artist types. Asher raised both brows. “A riot? He started a riot to do a mural? Okay, maybe you’ve got me there. Maybe he is the crazier one. He’s cute though, so we can let it slide this once.” He grinned as he sat back up to look at Kaleb. “Did you do anything crazy to get his attention?”

Jordan nodded to Carlos’ summary of the events. “That is basically it yes. And so when he heard Kaleb was FEDRA, past or present it brought those memories and thoughts back. I let go of my hatred towards FEDRA when I was learning to be a smuggler in Boston.” Jordan said as he sat there, and then he heard the next question and laughed. “Oh of course. Well.. to start I ran right into him, and immediately starting flirting with him. It worked because I’m still here and I got him away from them.” Jordan added.

Kaleb saw Asher raise both brows and nodded. “He did, just to get my attention I’m sure. And he is pretty cute so he gets a pass. As for me? I gave him two of my own ration cards because he’d lost his own, and I didn’t want such a handsome man to go without food. I also would give him four instead of two after a work shift.”

Carlos braced himself on the edge of the desk with his hands so that he was halfway between sitting and standing once more. “I don’t like FEDRA. They aren’t my favorite people overall. I don’t think I ever really hated them. I had people back in Denver who hated them. Thought I was crazy for falling for Kaleb. I thought I was crazy sometimes. But the world isn’t black or white. I learned that a long time ago.” He smiled as he let himself slip to the floor, standing close to Jordan. “So have you. That’s what makes us perfect for people like them. People who need a reminder that people aren’t perfect, but they can still be beautiful.”

Asher listened, intrigued. “Yeah, I remember you saying that. Was that just for him? The extra cards? I’m sure you’d get in huge trouble if they found out you gave too many away so freely.” He tried to remember any instances of something like that in his own past, but there were never any courtesies there. Maybe if they had someone more like Kaleb, he would have been more likely to forgive.

Jordan listened to Carlos and nodded, understanding and knowing exactly what he meant. "When I was a smuggler, we would take jobs from just about anyone. From a gang in Boston to Fireflies and FEDRA. Shockingly there were a couple soldiers that wanted things and would look the other way to get it. So I've met so many people of varied backgrounds that it was easy to learn there is no black and white." Jordan said, watching Carlos slip to the floor and standing close to him. "Exactly. They work hard to have that perfection or familiarity that they need us."

Kaleb chuckled as he nodded. "It was just for him. I hid them so it looked like two cards but it was four. I made sure he didn't say anything by shaking my head and made sure I wasn't watched. If I'd gotten caught, I'd probably be stripped of my ranking and possible sent to solitary or even worse, back home." Kaleb shivered. He'd been happy to be sent to training just to get away from his father. His depressed, strict General of a father.

Carlos leaned against the desk, turning back like he could see the other two. “I know they struggle with that. I’ve met many people who do.” He put his hand on Jordan’s and smiled. “I’m glad Asher has someone like you to remind him of that.” He squeezed the hand before bringing it to his stomach as he grinned. “Sometimes I wish I had someone to remind me.”

Asher watched him carefully. Inquisitively. He was intrigued by this ex-FEDRA guy. He was interesting before, and now he was even more interesting. “Bad at home?” He asked, aware that this was prying but also not exactly accustomed to not sharing anymore. At some point with Jordan, he got to sharing everything, and he never turned back. He may not trust everyone easily enough for how much he shared with Jordan, but he was ready to start.

Jordan nodded, watching as Carlos leaned against the desk. "That they do." He agreed, glancing over to where the other two were. He couldn't see them but he knew where they were. Jordan looked back at Carlos when he felt a hand on his and smiled back. "And I'm glad Kaleb has someone like you. You two are well suited to each other." Jordan told him, before he felt the squeeze to his hand. He arched an eyebrow at the comment, watching as his hand was brought to Carlos' stomach. Jordan heard him and grinned, using his hand and pulling, aiming to pull Carlos closer. "I could remind you."

Kaleb shifted a little uncomfortably when he heard the question. "You could say that. My father had very hard expectations for me." Kaleb told him, looking at his lap where his hands fiddled together. He didn't want to start anything else but what else could he say. "It was my father's fault I was even part of FEDRA."

Carlos had not necessarily been aiming for super flirty in the original intent of comment, but he couldn’t help that he just was baseline always a bit of a tease. Jordan clearly seemed to pick up on that, whether subconsciously or more aware, because there Jordan was being on it with the cute. And boy was he cute. Handsome like nobody’s business. Carlos could get lost in someone that kind of beautiful. It was a totally different kind of beauty than Kaleb’s. Kaleb’s very being was so beautiful, it could melt Carlos. Jordan didn’t have that same effect, though Carlos was drawn to him with an attraction he did not know how to describe. It wasn’t like the people back at the QZ. But it wasn’t like Kaleb. That was the beauty of people. Everyone was so different. “Oh, I’m sure you could,” he said low and slow. “With you being such an expert and all.”

Asher watched with a frown. He didn’t like Kaleb being uncomfortable. They already went through that and he didn’t want to do that again. He liked it better when everything was okay. He could tell the subject was difficult, and he wondered how much of that was because of his obvious hatred for FEDRA. Hard dad. That made sense. “Was he?” Asher asked, still calm. This was what Jordan always told him. Nothing was black and white. He should not judge Kaleb when he didn’t know the whole story. “FEDRA I mean. Was that why you were?”

Kaleb looked at Asher and saw that frown on his face, and he looked at his hands. He listened to his question and swallowed as he nodded. "Yes. He was a FEDRA General in our Zone. I've never hated anyone but once my mother was gone, I hated him. I lost both my parents that night." Kaleb explained. He was getting comfortable talking about this with Asher. "So I was forced to go into the training academy as soon as I was old enough, I never had a choice in the matter." He added, looking down at his hands that were still fiddling in his lap and he bit his lip as well, both signs of being uncomfortable and nervous from him.

(Apparently when I copied this in for the last one, this section decided not to join us? So…. We’ll just pretend like I didn’t skip them?)
Carlos had not necessarily been aiming for super flirty in the original intent of comment, but he couldn’t help that he just was baseline always a bit of a tease. Jordan clearly seemed to pick up on that, whether subconsciously or more aware, because there Jordan was being on it with the cute. And boy was he cute. Handsome like nobody’s business. Carlos could get lost in someone that kind of beautiful. It was a totally different kind of beauty than Kaleb’s. Kaleb’s very being was so beautiful, it could melt Carlos. Jordan didn’t have that same effect, though Carlos was drawn to him with an attraction he did not know how to describe. It wasn’t like the people back at the QZ. But it wasn’t like Kaleb. That was the beauty of people. Everyone was so different. “Oh, I’m sure you could,” he said low and slow. “With you being such an expert and all.”

Black and white and here was the gray in the middle. This was like saying that one of his own was just a kid when one of them decided he had to be one of the big time guys who captured and killed people for fun. This was the real difference between Kaleb and Asher. Kaleb had no choice. He had to do what his crappy excuse of a dad wanted, and he had to join the one thing he knew. That didn’t meant he liked it. That didn’t mean he wanted to be that guy. Clearly he was not that guy. Asher though. He was that guy and more. And worse. He was the worst kind of guy. He chose the uprising. He chose the war. He chose the capture and kill. He was on the bad end of too many of those interrogations, because he wanted to be. There was a reason his lie about being too angry when pretending Jordan was dead was so easily believed. He did that too many times too. He was the guy with that reputation. One of many but still. “That’s not your fault,” he finally said, his eyes almost downcast with the shame of his past life as well. “You didn’t want to be that and they made you. People shouldn’t be so judgy when they look at you just because you were forced into something horrible because of someone else.” He grimaced. “I don’t think I could even guess how having someone like that as a parent would be.”

Jordan chuckled as he listened to Carlos. "I'm definitely an expert on this matter of reminding one that they aren't perfect." He replied, hand running up Carlos' arm and to his shoulder. He loved this, having someone just as naturally flirty as he was. It made every interaction between them so much fun to Jordan.

Kaleb heard Asher, and it was almost like the words made his entirely body relax. He let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding in and looked at him. He listened to every word, his blue eyes going from looking nervous to calm and relaxed. "T- That means a lot coming from you." Kaleb told him, his focus entirely on Asher now. "And having him as a dad, it was like I was raising myself. I had no one else."

Carlos bit his bottom lip in thought. Thoughts of someone who could remind him of imperfection. “Yes, I’m certain you are. Gets lots of practice, huh?” He crinkled his brows, lines streaking from the corner of his eyes and across his face as he held in the breath that would surely give him away.

Asher still looked away. Still ashamed. Still saddened by the darkness in his heart. He hoped that he could be better. He thought that he was doing better. Was it so smart to leave him alone? He thought of Jordan and wished that he were strong enough. But he sent him away. He smiled towards Kaleb as he was relieved. Maybe there was still hope. He felt a trickle of unease at the knowledge of this man’s past, but it was not him. “I’m glad you could get away from that. You deserve better.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back