• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Life in a Quarantine Zone { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Kaleb Price and Jordan DeShay
Former FEDRA officer, Former Smuggler | 25, 28 | Current location ;; New Mexico

Kaleb looked between the two of them, and smiled at Carlos' reaction. It made him blush a little and he looked away from Carlos to see Asher coming towards them. His blush got worse when he felt Asher swoop in under his arm, and his arm was tight around him. Though Kaleb felt himself gently pulled away from Carlos, then chuckled a little at the comment from Asher about those two do what they want. He was thankful for the save, though it was definitely different hearing someone else wanting to have time with him. But Kaleb was more than happy to find out more about Asher and so he willingly went with him.

Jordan was beside Carlos when Asher came over, but he wasn't surprised when Asher gently pulled Kaleb away. "Enjoy your time together, we'll be along eventually." Jordan told him, winking at Asher and Kaleb before looking at Carlos. He had been hoping for some more time with the other man, and he wouldn't feel bad now that Kaleb was much more comfortable with their flirting.

Carlos Da Silva and Asher McCoy
Aspiring Artist, Former Hunter | 23, 30 | Current location ;; New Mexico

Carlos did in fact try to argue with Asher, but that didn’t work. Instead, he put his arms out a little, said a tiny, “Oh, my love,” then dropped his arms and shrugged. “Well, that’s a tragic loss.” He turned to Jordan. “We’ve been abandoned by our true loves. Does that tarnish their true love status?” He smiled and then very pointedly turned to look at Jordan. And he looked at him. Looked him up and down. Full intake. “Mmm. Well, at least I still have beauty in my life.”

Asher laughed as he ushered Kaleb away from the much that was happening over there. He looked back to see that they were already fine and kept going. “I thought you might not want to be the center of their burning attention anymore. They’re a bit… um. Intense. I don’t think I would want them staring into my eyes like that.”

Kaleb chuckled as he looked back to see the two of them quite content and then looked beside him at Asher. "I appreciate that. I thought Carlos was intense but two of them that intense? It was very uh intimidating having them staring at my eyes." Kaleb agreed, keeping pace with Asher, curious about him and hoping to know him better. Kaleb would probably even share a little of his own past too.

Jordan saw that Carlos had tried to argue with Asher, but he knew it wouldn't work. Once that man had his eyes set on something it happened. He saw the cute little words, and then snorted a laugh at his question. "I guess we just changed true loves." He replied, watching Carlos look at him up and down and smirked himself. "I could say the same thing about you handsome." Jordan purred, one hand placed on his shoulder. He was definitely interested in learning all about this man, his eyes watching Carlos with a grin now on his face. "So would you like to talk or talk?" He asked, one meant talking and the other meant kissing.

Asher nodded feeling that what Kaleb was saying most definitely had to be true. He remembered when he first came across Jordan. That was a whole lot more than he was expecting to deal with. He had a feeling Carlos had to have been a lot for Kaleb too. And then both of them doing all that at once. He stopped when they were at one of those little sitting areas with the nice seats and couches and a coffee table. He plopped down on one and leaned back. “Join me, Kaleb from Denver?”

Carlos flicked his eyes to those lips. Mmm such experienced, beautiful lips. He moved his gaze to the hand on his shoulder and put his own on top of it. “I thought,” he began, walking around him, dragging his hand across his shoulder and onto his back, “we’d maybe,” leaning over his other shoulder, his own lips by Jordan’s ear, “talk.”

Kaleb nodded as he walked forward with Asher, using his leg a little but still needing some support. Once they made it a sitting area, Kaleb stood for a moment, as Asher sat down on one of the couches. He smiled and sat down beside Asher on the couch with a nod, leaning back himself into the back of the couch. "I guess I can do that Asher from Pittsburgh."

Jordan saw those eyes, felt the hand on his own before that hand moved as Carlos walked around him. The hand sending shivers as it went across his shoulder and onto his back. Jordan's eyes flicked to the side as Carlos leaned over his other shoulder, those lips by his ear. Jordan grinned, twisting himself so he could grab Carlos' shoulders and smirked. He was right in front of Carlos now and he leaned in for a kiss.

Asher smiled as he ran his arm across the back of the couch and behind Kaleb. He lifted a leg, resting his foot on his other leg, gently nudging his new companion with the amount of space he was taking up. “Tell me, why is a perfectly reasonable, down to earth kind of guy hanging with someone as chaotic and dramatic as that?”

Carlos wrapped his arms around Jordan’s neck and allowed the kiss, because he was dying to do that again. But also, here was Jordan thinking he could call the shots again. So he pulled away, using Jordan as a counterbalance as he moved. “How very forward of you, my dear.” He released on hand and dragged a finger over those lips. “Presumptuous.”

Kaleb noticed the arm across the back of the couch and behind him but he didn’t mind. He felt the gentle nudge from Asher when he lifted his leg and then he heard his question. “Well. He really didn’t give me a choice. I was also drawn to him, because he was so different from anyone else I’d met. Though I was usually alone, no one wanted to be friends with the guards, so having him trying to be my friend was what really drew me to him. When I decided to leave the zone, Carlos refused to let me go alone. How about you?” Kaleb explained, not realizing what he said. This was definitely going to be a theme with Kaleb, mentioning things that could cause problems with his traveling companions.

Jordan felt the arms around his neck and kissed him back. When the kiss broke, he smirked a little and then felt a finger over his lips. “Hmm, did you have a better way to talk then handsome?” He asked, that smirk changing to a grin.

Asher was pretty relaxed. His time traveling with Jordan had really changed the way he saw the world. People had many different layers. All people had different intentions and possibilities when it came to their lives. You cannot assume something about a person just because of something they did. Jordan gave him the biggest chance despite how awful he was. He did terrible things, and Jordan kept him anyway. He was the master of seeing past things like that. Asher thought he had been doing better, but his body went rigid like all that progress was threatening to disappear. Like every lesson Jordan taught him meant nothing. He stayed in that position though. He obviously misunderstood what Kaleb was saying. Kaleb who left that Denver QZ like all people left the Zones. Because FEDRA was awful. He did not even hear the question that came after. “Guard?” He asked instead, trying to keep his voice in check. “Like… they had civilian guards there?” He knew the answer already. He was just hoping.

Carlos liked the way he called him handsome. Of course, being who he was, he knew this wasn’t a totally personal comment. He was sure many people got this treatment, and that did not bother him. He mostly liked the acknowledgment. It helped with his massive ego. All of Jordan helped with his ego. His confidence. The more Jordan was into something, the more confident Carlos got. And he was already pretty confident. “Mmm isn’t that the question.” He ran his hand down Jordan’s chest. Toned. Oh he loved the toned muscles. Ran his hands over his arms. He loved those even more. Mouth watering muscles. “I would love for you to tell me who you are.” He shoved his hands onto Jordan’s cheeks, fingers digging into hair. “With those beautiful lips.” And then he kissed him with the intensity that Carlos loved most. He was considering calling this the Carlos Special.

Kaleb, still close to his own guard personality, noted his new friend's rigid body and he froze himself. He had all but just admitted that he was part of FEDRA. And he wasn't sure if he should try and back up his words, or admit to this man he was former FEDRA. He knew Pittsburgh and could only imagine that this man was a former hunter, with how rigid he went it made the most sense. Which meant that he'd killed or helped kill FEDRA soldiers, officers, generals, medics whoever was in control of Pittsburgh. Two people that should hate each other and Kaleb didn't want that. It was why he'd left in the first place. "Er.. No. They didn't have civilian guards.." Kaleb admitted, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "I uh I left FEDRA and the Zone with Carlos.."

Jordan loved that Carlos got more confident, it fed Jordan's own ego each time. He felt the hands run down his chest, his arms although Jordan's eyes never left Carlos' as he listened to him. "I'll tell you whatever you want.." Jordan replied, feeling his hands on his cheeks, fingers in his hair. He wasn't expecting the kiss but he loved the intensity and gave back just as much as he received, his own hands pushing over his shoulders and around Carlos' neck.

Asher tried not to move. He tried not to tense, but he knew he couldn’t stop. He tried not to recoil, but his arm across the back of the couch retreated just a little. His breathing changed. Carefree Asher, or at least as carefree as he got, instantly disappeared. It had been a while since Jordan let this Asher come back. He thought they had gotten rid of him. But it had been a long time since he had been in the vicinity of a member of FEDRA. “Oh.” The word was quick, clipped. Jaw set. “You were FEDRA.” No wonder Asher recognized so much of him. No wonder he thought he saw that authority lingering somewhere inside. It wasn’t somewhere. It was him. His eyes slid in the general direction of the other two. “And Carlos…” is okay with that? Loves that? Carlos wasn’t FEDRA. He didn’t feel right for it. Not like Kaleb. Kaleb who was one of them. One of the people who killed Asher’s parents. Did Kaleb kill parents too?

This was the kind of kiss that Carlos missed the most. The kind where you could get lost in another person. The kind where you could learn who they were by tracking where they went and what they did. How much force did they put behind that passion? This was the kind of kiss he wanted so badly to have with Kaleb. So badly. But it would never be like this, and that was okay. With Jordan, it was like finally getting to feel what it’s like on the other side of what Carlos did to everyone else. He wanted his lips to pulse with their heartbeats. And they did. And it was more than he ever thought it could be. He could learn something from Jordan and that was exciting.

Kaleb let out a heavy sigh, he could hear that clipped word, saw his arm retreat a little bit, heard that breathing change. "Um, yes. I was." He said, shifting himself a little uncomfortably. He took a deep breath as he stiffened himself at the mention of Carlos. "Carlos was the reason I left. I wasn't a normal guard to begin with but it was the fact that I found him interesting that really started to confuse me. It was against the rules to spend time with civilians, so I left. He refused to stay and left with me." Kaleb explained. "It was because of Carlos that I realized how badly everyone was treated, how messed up FEDRA really was. It made me sick and I was more than happy to leave it all behind."

Jordan loved the kiss, loved having it match his own intensity. Something pricked at the back of his mind though, he wondered how the other two were doing. Jordan had worked hard to get Asher to be more carefree, less of the hardened hunter he was when Jordan found him. Well, more like ran into him. Jordan pulled back from the kiss to breathe, even though his mind was racing with thoughts.

Asher fell into the daydream of memories. Ones where he was young and meant to be the prince. Ones where he was treated like royalty. He had everything. One where even when the world ended, his parents told him to stay strong, because he was a miracle. The world ended, but not them. Not because of his miracle. Look at these officers who protect us, Asher. Look at them as they strive for our survival. But they didn’t survive. They were murdered. Murdered by officers who did not care about the people. People who looked up to them. They were supposed to be the princes in his story. “You left,” he repeated slowly, his body continuing to tense as the images of every bad thing he could remember plastered itself to his mind, “Because Carlos showed you,” arm completely falling into his own lap now, “the error of your ways.” The implication was heavy. Your ways. He only stopped when someone else told him it was wrong. That was what Asher got out of that. He sucked in a deep breath but it was too much. Too much for him to hold onto. Too much for him to be that close. He stood up quickly, knocking into the couch so that it slid back. The sound crackled through the empty lobby.

Carlos’ head shot to the side. His hands tightened where they still were on Jordan’s head for just a moment before he tore himself away from the affection his craved in fear of the love he refused to lose. “Jordan.” He was already twisting away to face the direction of the sound. Did Asher miss something? Was Kaleb okay? “What was that?” Are they in danger?

Oh boy, Kaleb you really need to learn to keep your mouth shut buddy. He heard the slow words, saw the arm falling into his lap and heard the implication of the last of Asher's words. He heard that deep breath, and he saw Asher get up quickly and knocked into the couch. The sound he was sure would bring Carlos and Jordan into the room. "My ways? I wasn't an officer until I was 19 and I didn't do anything aside from watch the civilians tear down old buildings." Kaleb couldn't exactly stand up, well, he could but he wouldn't be able to for long. "I don't know what happened but I'm not like them."

Jordan heard the sound and his thoughts were coming true. He felt Carlos' hands tighten on his head before Jordan pulled away completely. "Let's go." He had a bad feeling that Asher was stuck in his past again. Hold on my love. I'm coming. Jordan led the way into the sitting room, right over to Asher and grabbed the man's shoulders. "Asher. Handsome. My love. What happened?"

Asher wasn’t in the sitting room. He was in an interrogation room listening to the harsh words that beat him down. He was in an office where nasty people told him nastier things. He was in a tiny closet hiding away from the people who were supposed to be heroes. He was on the floor between two corpses. “Didn’t do anything?” He seethed as the words trickled into his waking nightmare. Officer. Asher should have known. Those hard lines. The way he looked so angry with Carlos for being the way he was. He should have known. He felt the fury of a lifetime of anguish boil to the surface. His nostrils flared as his fingers became hard fists. Fists that swung down to hit a table or wall or anything- they hit Jordan who was suddenly there in his face, holding onto his shoulders. Speaking words he could not hear. He sucked in a harsh breath, trying to be in him. Ground in Jordan. “He’s FEDRA?” It was a plea more than a question. “He’s- he’s- did you know that?” He stared into Jordan’s eyes, begging for something he didn’t even know.

Carlos rushed to Kaleb first, unsure what happened but ready to protect him. He stood in front. Between. Because Asher didn’t just look upset. He looked about two seconds away from snapping. “Are you okay?” He asked Kaleb. “He listened to the broken words of Asher and looked back ar Kaleb. “Oh. Okay. It’s not like that. Whatever you’re thinking. Not my Kaleb. He’s never been like that.”

Jordan held onto Asher, feeling those fists hit him, but that didn't phase him. He'd been through so much worse than being hit, and then he heard Asher's plea. His gaze went past Asher's shoulder, hearing Carlos' comment and then back to Asher. "I need you to breathe love. No, I didn't know that. But remember what I said? Not everyone is the same, nothing is black and white. There is gray everywhere. What happened in Pittsburgh, to you and others, was horrible and what happened in Boston to me wasn't better. Please breathe Asher, come back to me. Leave that hunter behind once more." Jordan pushed his hands over Asher's shoulders and pulled him into his chest. Holding him tightly and allowing him to ground himself.

Kaleb was afraid, upset, and rather nervous. He'd never seen such a strong reaction and he knew that FEDRA was hated by pretty much everyone. "No. I'm not." Kaleb grabbed Carlos' arm and stood up, that hand traveled to the shoulder so he could support his leg and stand. He knew better than to stand in front of Carlos, knowing that he was trying to protect him. He could sense that Asher had gone through something terrible, horrible and FEDRA was the cause. What happened to you to cause such a reaction, cause such brokenness in your words?

Breathe. Please breathe. What if he didn’t want to breathe? What if he didn’t want to be better? What if he wanted to be angry? Because he was angry. No, he was more than that. He was furious. He didn’t want to ground. He didn’t want to come back to whatever happy place that was full of lies. But those arms were around him, and he was conflicted. He didn’t know what he wanted. Did he want to pull away or did he want to stay there? Safe. Safe in Jordan. Safe where his back was turned. He tried to pull away. He didn’t want to be safe. Not when he felt lied to. Not when he said he was from Pittsburgh. Not when he thought they were on the same page. An officer would know about Pittsburgh. He knew. He knew and lied to Asher. Asher never lied about who he was. He wasn’t proud of everything that he did, but he never lied. He wriggled in Jordan’s arms, trying to turn to face the man he thought he kind of liked. It took a lot for Asher to learn how to trust people, and he gave Kaleb that trust so quickly. He should never have done that. “No,” he growled, writhing against him to get free. “No,” he repeated with a snap. “Not like them? How can you not be like them when you are one of them?”

Carlos realized several things in that moment. Of course Asher was that kind of person. So was Kaleb. Not violent and aggressive necessarily but ruled by an unkind past. Of course Asher had someone like Jordan to keep him together. So did Kaleb. How many times already had Carlos held onto Kaleb like that even as he insisted on staying Officer Price instead? As Kaleb held onto him for support while he stood, Carlos took a slight step so that he was very much between Kaleb and Asher. If Jordan was anything like Carlos, and they already knew he was, he could handle Asher. Just in case, though, he would take precautions. “Asher, I know they aren’t so great. Believe me, everyone thought I was crazy for falling in love with an officer too. Like me. I thought I was crazy. But Kaleb has never been that kind of person. He got in so much trouble just for being kind to us. That’s why we had to go. He didn’t want to be that person, because he never was. I feel kind of bad for taking him away from Denver honestly. He was the only one who treated us like people. I took that from the rest of them.”

Jordan was losing him again, losing him to the anger and hardness. No. Not going to happen. As he felt Asher writhe against him, Jordan held on tighter. "Asher! Love! Come on now, relax. I'm not letting you go. Enough" Jordan's voice was harsh but sometimes it worked. He heard Carlos talking to him as well. Jordan didn't know what exactly needed to happen, but he knew that Kaleb might be the key here. "Carlos, let Kaleb closer. I've got Asher, he's not getting free." Jordan said.

Kaleb looked at Asher, heard him and knew that he had technically lied to him. He hadn't been honest up front and he knew that it was wrong. But he'd been afraid to bring it up then because he said he'd been from Pittsburgh. Kaleb saw Carlos firmly put himself between them, but he needed to talk to Asher. This was his mess and he had to fix it. He used Carlos' shoulder as he heard Jordan, the same man who had turned his own back to them so Asher could see Kaleb and Carlos. "I was never one of them. Not really. I never killed anyone just for disobeying, I gave up my own ration cards for Carlos, I lost my own because I refused to hurt anyone, I gave four cards to Carlos each job instead of two. I'm nothing like them, and I don't know what happened to you, but I'm no officer. I'm just Kaleb Price, a deserter, a defector in love with an artist who wouldn't leave me alone."

Carlos wasn’t sure that he liked this plan. He didn’t like using Kaleb as bait essentially. He agreed though, that Kaleb telling his side of the story was important. So he let Kaleb move where he needed to go, but he was fully prepared to move him away if things got worse. He didn’t want them to be worse. He liked these people. He liked how Asher worked so well with Kaleb specifically. They seemed to click together so fast. And Carlos loved that. He wanted Kaleb to find a way to be open to others. He needed Asher to be open too.

Asher hated being told what to do. It was one of the things that made the FEDRA officers even worse. They told everyone else what to do but didn’t have to ever be held accountable for their horrible actions. Sometimes, when he was like this, even suggestions could set him off. He hated that about himself, because in the end, he knew that he wasn’t any better than any of them. He hurt people just as much as the worst of them. He still tried to get away from Jordan, because his arms holding him back were just like those officers telling them what to do. Restricting them. He moved and fought until Kaleb started talking. So he listened. He couldn’t do anything else. He didn’t want to listen. He didn’t want to hear excuses. He didn’t want to hear that he could be a good person too. But maybe he was. Never killed. Never hurt. Was hurt for refusing. Have extra rations. Lost his own. Left for love. Like Asher?

His body, still so tense it hurt, stilled. Wouldn’t leave him alone. Like Jordan constantly calling him handsome. Asher looked at Kaleb. This officer once upon a time who didn’t want to be that. He didn’t succumb to the power and the anger. He looked at this big guy who held himself close, ready to do whatever it took to defend him. That was real love. He looked at Jordan who held him so tight that it hurt but that was love too. Because tight was the only way for him to remember where he was. Harsh words that could penetrate his scattered mind of walls. Kaleb was a better person than he was. He glared until his brows softened and he almost cried. His hands, clinging to Jordan, fell until they retreated to his love’s chest. All of him retreated. Put the hunter away. There are no bad guys here. He let out a breath and buried himself in Jordan.

Carlos relaxed. “Okay.”

Jordan listened to Kaleb, felt Asher's body still and held his breath for a moment. Come on love. Put the hunter back where he belongs. Bring that sweet side back out. And then his hands that had been clinging to him fell to his chest. There we go. Jordan held onto Asher, letting his own breath out finally. He rubbed Asher's back, letting him bury himself into Jordan. This really couldn't have gone better, because it could've gone so bad. So so bad. He would hold onto Asher until he wanted to let go, and then Jordan would trust him enough to let go. Trust that his Asher was back, not the hunter he'd met originally.

Kaleb watched as Asher continued to try and get out of Jordan's arms. Kaleb swallowed hard, but stood fast. He also saw that Asher stopped moving when Kaleb began talking. He saw that glare, but then it softened and then Asher was buried into Jordan. Kaleb let out a breath of relief before turning to bury himself into Carlos, arms on his chest as he sought out comfort. He'd never felt so afraid? Unnerved? Upset? A weird mix of all three? He just knew he didn't like it. Not at all. And he wanted comfort.

Carlos held his ex-officer and Jordan held his ex-hunter. He did not understand Pittsburgh. He didn’t understand what happened there and why Asher seemed to have it’s much worse than anyone else from a one of the Zones. He wished he could see into his head like he wished so many times to see into Kaleb’s. “Hey, gorgeous,” he whispered to him as he held him close. He let the words fall into that beautiful blonde hair. “It’s okay. You got through to him. What did I tell you? You’re a hero.”

Asher didn’t feel like much more than the bad guy himself. He always did after an episode like that. After getting lost in the angry hunter who was so heartbroken after the death of his parents. After the death of his childhood. He wanted to collapse there forever. Hide in a tiny little ball surrounded by the warmth of Jordan who never let him go even when he was awful to him too. He knew that he was. He was always so awful. That was how bad guys were. They were trapped in the cycle of violence. When he closed his eyes, he watched the atrocities not of FEDRA but of the hunters who hated them of him. “I’m sorry,” he tried to say, but his words were so muffled as he clung to Jordan. “I’m sorry.”

Kaleb let out a ragged sigh as he heard Carlos and curled a little tighter, feeling that close hold. But he wasn't just concerned for himself, he was concerned for Asher too. This was why he'd never been a good soldier, a good officer. He was more concerned for others than himself, more concerned for the ones that shouldn't matter in the eyes of his fellow officers. Kaleb twisted so he was sideways, looking at the other two, eyes swimming with concern. Jordan could see that look when he glanced over.

Jordan held tight to Asher, knowing he was sorry. But it wasn't Jordan he had to apologize too and Jordan knew that. "I know you are my love, I know. But it isn't just me you need to apologize to. You know that right?" He said softly. He knew that the hunter was tucked away for good, knew that it was Asher as Jordan knew him. He let out a soft chuckle before he placed his lips near Asher's ear. "You can make him pay with a ride up some stairs and a kiss that'll knock him out." He said teasingly and playfully. He wasn't sure if it would work, but he figured it couldn't hurt to suggest something that he would do himself, in fact that he was planning on doing.

One of the reasons Carlos loved Kaleb was because of how Kaleb, having been the one threatened and despised without warning, still looked at his attacker with concern. He shifted himself so that he could still hold onto him but let him move as he needed. He would still be his support in whatever way that Kaleb needed him.

Asher nodded. He knew that. He knew Jordan was not the person he wronged. He knew that, but he didn’t know how to move away from these arms that kept him there. What if Jordan let go, and so did Asher? What if he looked at Kaleb and saw the officer instead? He hated this about himself. Jordan’s were close, his breath hit on Asher’s skin. And then he laughed. He laughed because the suggestion was so absurd. It was so unabashedly Jordan. He laughed, and his eyes grew wet with tears he could not control as he laughed. Then he moved again, gently trying to pull away. He needed to face this. He had to apologize for being the bad guy. No black and white. Just people in a messed up world. He turned his face to look at Kaleb, and he looked so kind. So unlike the man who stood above the bodies of his parents. He didn’t feel like one of them. He sucked in his lips trying to find a way to apologize. “I-“ he gripped Jordan’s shirt for support. To keep him grounded. “I’m sorry. I didn’t- I didn’t mean-“ but he did. He did mean. He did mean it wholeheartedly. He looked away, utterly ashamed. “I was wrong.”

Kaleb felt Carlos shift and it allowed him to turn fully, to see Asher looking at him. His eyes were soft with kindness, nothing else. He could see that it was hard on Asher to apologize, but trauma doesn't make things like this easy. Especially when in the moment, it was meant. "Asher. I can never apologize for what they did, but I accept your apology now." Kaleb told him, stepping away from Carlos and took the few unsteady steps over to them. Jordan had let Asher pull away and held a hand out for Kaleb who took it just so he was closer. "Are we okay?" Kaleb asked. Jordan could feel Asher still gripping his shirt as he grounded himself.

Carlos held his breath. He trusted Kaleb with his life. He came to trust Jordan and Asher very quickly, but this was still something scary and new. He wanted to trust them. He wanted desperately to trust them, and he felt like maybe he could. So he did not stop Kaleb from moving forward. He held his breath, and he watched. Asher, feeling like a small child, also watched. Watched how Kaleb could look at him with such good intentions after everything. Some people were born good. Some people were not. In another life, when the world didn’t end, who would Asher have been? Would he be a better person? Would he have been spoiled but still bad? Kaleb accepted this half-baked apology of someone who did not deserve it. How was he surrounded by so many good people after being swarmed with only negativity for most of his life? He looked back at Jordan with a slight nod. He could do this. He let go of his support. He could do this. He turned to Kaleb, and he wrapped his arms around him. “Yeah. I mean, I don’t think I’m okay. I thought I was doing better. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have assumed. I shouldn’t-” Breathe, Asher. He could hear Jordan’s voice in his mind. “We’re okay.”

Last edited:

Jordan smiled at the nod, he knew that Asher could handle it. Kaleb was surprised at first by the arms wrapped around him. But the surprise didn't last long and he wrapped his arms around Asher. He held him close and had a smile on his face. "You don't have to be perfect, trust me. Sometimes, being okay is just breathing and moving forward." He said softly, and moved his head so he could look at Asher, one hand moving to his cheek. "You're a good person and your past doesn't define who you are. It just gives you the ability to be better." Kaleb told him. They both had trauma, they both had histories that were less than wonderful, and they both left with someone who made them better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back