• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Let's Take a Road Trip

Ashlyn smiled gratefully at Farrah and held onto her hand slightly, still needing the comfort. She giggled when she heads what their destination was and she unconsciously rubbed her thumb back and forth across Farrah's knuckles as she stared out the window. "Well it's settled then. I'll be staying with Sam."

The corner of Farrah's mouth curled upwards when she felt Ash's thumb trailing over her fingers. "Yep, 5 o'clock ice cream, because queens never wait." She winked at Sam. "Don't know many places open this late...or...early?...but the corner store up here is 24 hours and they have quality shit in there. I already texted Brooke, so that whole crew should be there too." She accelerated, suddenly energized again.

@SassyLlama @jamaicanviking @Scheani

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashlyn grinned and shrugged her shoulders. "I'm fine with this 'quality shit' as you so kindly put it." She teased Farrah and shook her head slightly. She was glad they they were all back to their joking selves. She threaded their fingers together and brought Farrah's hand to her lap so she could cover her hand with both of her own.

(@Scheani @SassyLlama @jamaicanviking )

Joseph smiled a bit to see that Ashlyn was feeling a bit better. Still he couldn't unseen those bruises and cuts. Maybe he should call his parents? Money should be used for something good at least.

Outwardly he said, "I don't care as long food will get inside me; I couldn't stomach the airplane food." He made a blah to emphasize his point.

Pulling into the parking lot of the place that was mentioned in the text, Skye brought the monsters growling to an end as she began the wait for their friends to catch up to them. Lucky them, they weren't all that far from the state boarder, then they could have all new, new streets, new people, and the most important of 'news', New gas prices, and new food.

Running a hand through her hair as she felt a cold chill dance down her sides, feeling like she missed something big, but since she was not in the other car.. She was still partially oblivious to the entire problem. Unlocking the doors she smiled at her passengers, "If you guys want seats on the inside? Go in and pick something we can all fit into, probably a round-a-bout booth or something of that sort." She hopped out to the ground, out of the car her height was less than impressive, around the 5 foot zone, more than likely a little shorter. Hopping onto the bed of the truck, she criss-crossed her legs to wait for her friends to join her people.

Lz8D9EI.png

Sam hopped out of the car, stretching herself.
"Hnnnnnggg." She arched her back until a quiet crack could be heard. "Ah... I could do with some sugar right now, honestly." She tilted her head, adjusted her fitted cap and walked over to the other car, determined to use the little pitstop to get to know their new travel-buddy. Sam leaned into the car window, giving Jackie a slick smirk. "Well, hello there!" She smiled and extended her hand. "So who are you, my raven-haired friend? I, uh... Since I was so quiet the last time... I'm Bailey. But... call me Sam. For real."

@jamaicanviking

Ashlyn sighed softly as they stopped at the ice cream shop. Another bout of nervousness hit her as she realized that she might have to explain what was going on with her parents once again. She grabbed her sweatshirt that was in her lap and tried to carefully put it back on herself, wincing in pain every so often.

(@Scheani @jamaicanviking @SassyLlama @Sunbather @Kasper )

Jackie jumped slightly in surprise at the stranger, losing his concentration on the building ahead of them. "Me? I'm Jackie," the boy said, shaking the girls hand. "Jackie Gao. It's nice to meet you, Bai--er, Sam. Sam." He emphasized her name the second time, as if to imprint it onto his memory. "So uh, what's up? You just looking for conversation, or did you just want to meet the Chinese kid?"

Lz8D9EI.png

"Nice to meet you too, Jackie." She grinned now, leaning into the car a little more. "Why not both?" Sam snickered. However, she gave Jackie a friendly smile. "I gotta know who my best friends are riding with, right?" She happily looked at the rest of the group, giving each one a happy look. "So... are you gonna tell me about yourself, mh? Or should I start? I'm just warnin' ya, I'm VERY talkative once I get going." Sam stuck her tongue out as she joked.

Joseph noticed Ashlyn wincing as she put on her sweatshirt. "Do you need some help he asked quietly not at all sure what to do for the moment. The typical response would be are you ok but that was a stupidly ask question since she was totally not ok.

(@Aryn Harris.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ashlyn looked back and gave a small smile. "Nope. I got it. Thanks though." She murmured, finally slipping the sweatshirt on and climbing out of the vehicle. She crossed her arms and looked at the ground.

Seeing her look down made Joseph make a decision. He threw his arm over his shoulders - gently. "C'mon girl who-just-lost-the -shotgun-seat-the-moment-she-got-out-the-car. Let's go meet our new best friend." He laughed seeing Bailey already harassing the new recruit. "We must hurry before she digs her claws into him and poisons him with her words." He tried to sound like some old, crockery wizard foretelling imminent doom.

Ashlyn gave a pout and shook her head. "Can I pretty please with a cherry on top keep my spot in the front?" She asked, giving him her best puppy dog face, even managing to create a few fake tears.

"But I agree. We should save him." She added, still giving him that look.

(@Tiegirl )

"No can do. Those tactics won't work on me." He told her. Bailey was talking the new guy at the car so Joseph felt the need to sit a hand on her head and peak over her. "Why hello fellow man species; you've saved me from being killed by estrogen. I'm Joesph." He reached her into the car to hold his hand out.

"Joseph please? It's a tight fit back there." She continued to pout and crossed her arms slightly, acting like a three year old.

Lz8D9EI.png

"What he means is, he's trying to see if you're better looking than him, of course." She grinned, letting Joseph hover over her "Which, unsurprisingly, is the case." Sam snickered as she teased her old friend. "So... how did you end up with the loons? Well, the loons and me. They're all crazy, you know? Batshit, I tell ya.

Having scooted to the side of the trucks bed, Skye fake gasped her eyes widening for the dramatics, "Us? Batshit? I thought I was just in a mental test in the institution still, and you were all part of my delusions.." She grinned before scooting off of the lifted beast, bouncing to her feet. Wincing as her ankle rolled she brushed it off as nothing, continuing over to where her friends were pestering the poor boy.

"So... what have you guys covered so far, because as far as I know, all of us should be present for the dissection." She spoke, accent taking on more of a Russian tone as her caffeine calm began to slip from her body. It probably would not be long before her anger spiked and she began to act rash and possibly violent- against herself.

Ashlyn continued to pout and crossed her arms once more. "Joseph. Please??? I like being able to move my arms and legs." She said, still giving him her puppy dog look. "I'll buy your ice cream. And whatever else you want." She added.

"Sam. Please make Joseph sit in the back with you guys. Have him go in the way back if he has to." She said, honestly not wanting to sit in the back, for fear of accidentally hitting one of her many bruises.

(@Tiegirl @Sunbather )

Jackie took Joseph's hand warmly, chuckling to himself as the group all took interest in himself once more. They certainly had an interesting group dynamic. It was apparent to the boy that they all were curious as to why he had bothered coming along, but it was a complicated question. "I'm really just some kid from Hong Kong who wanted to see what American life was like, I guess." he said with a shrug. "It's pretty dull back at home, so as soon as I caught wind of the meet-up, I figured 'eh, what the hell.'" Jackie wasn't sure what specifically made him so special; was it because he was new, or because he was foreign? Perhaps both? He couldn't really tell. "I'm not really all that interesting, honestly..."

"And what is Bailey going to do? Push at my with her feather weight?" He turned back to guy. "Don't losten to her she's just upset I look better than her." He smiled at Skye. "I don't know about them but I'm trying to make sure he isn't a serial killer." He was joking, mostly.

"You're not a serial killer right?" He directed the question at the boy seriously. "Cause if you are, you messed with the wrong girls - they're batshit crazy" He quoted Bailey.

"Yes, I'm a serial killer," Jackie said sarcastically. "I just happened to forget my hockey mask and machete back home." The boy scoffed and rolled his eyes, then continued on. "Get out of here with hat shit, man. How many Chinese serial killers do you know of?" It was really the perfect horror movie scenario, if Jackie really thought about it, but the notion itself was rather absurd. "Huh. How come almost no horror movies have Chinese killer in them?"

Joseph laughed. He liked this guy. Hopefully he wasn't a serial killer. "Hey that's something to aspire to. Be the first Chinese serial killer to inspire a movie that becomes Friday the 13th big."

Farrah giggled at Jackie's sense of humour. He was really a funny kid, and she liked it. "Or, you could just avoid murdering people and write a script," she pointed out, smirking. "I mean, I know how that kind of stuff amuses you," she looked accusingly at Joseph, "but the thing is, I'm really set on not being an accomplice, so you gents will just have to carry out your business some other time. Remember, no mess in my car." She laughed softly at her own joke, running a hand through her blue-grey hair. Unable to resist the temptation any longer, she said simply, "And if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go eat ice cream," and strode elegantly to the shop's door. She noticed that the doorframe wasn't much taller than she was.

Sticking her tongue out at Joseph Skye followed Farrah, slipping in right behind her, the height comparison would be comical to a stranger, not that they cared. "I wonder if they have coffee.." She muttered chewing her bottom lip her marble green eyes focused on the dully lit menu hung on the wall, words faded to the point of ancient script like scrawl.

"Um..." Confused as to what she wanted let alone what she could get she looked over at Farrah her eyes questioning, wondering if she had any more idea of what there was up for grabs. I mean, she had a smaller car, with slightly duller lights, perhaps she saw with supervision or something of the sort.

Lz8D9EI.png

"I don't have to push you around at all." Sam said with a smirk. "We all know Joseph likes to get all touchy/feely in our crammed row, aye?" Jokingly, she gave Joseph a flirty look and stuck out her tongue, then nodded towards Ashlyn "I'll personally carry him to the back if I have to, he's way too comfortable to give up." As the two girls made their way to the store, she shouted after them. "But you owe me for that, get me some icecream too!" A quick wink towards the girl followed, before Sam turned her attentio back to Jackie. "Yeah, also IF you are a serial killer then maybe kinda... you know... pick other people, not us. That's be really nice of you. Although ideally, you just hang with us and chill. That's be even better." She laughed, then turned around and gave Joseph a joking punch to the chest. "And you're staying in the back with me, capiche?" Sam then walked towards the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back