[Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] [Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] Domain of Leisure

Last questions (hopefully) before I turn in: How long before game start would visitations typically be? It suits me for it to be 13 years prior, but that seems to be rather a lot.

Also, any more details for teh Vegas group on what we're doing in that hotel?

13 years where nothing much happened could work. You are all in Vegas for varying reasons (that you decide for yourselves) and booked rooms at the Labyrinth. You all got there within an hour of each other and the receptionist only says that your rooms will be ready shortly. (You are being guided there by fate)

Good and Evil are tricky when dealing with Classical Gods. Mainly because this isn't d&d. And Classical gods are just humans scaled up. Bigger, better, badder.

I saw it, but I'm on my phone again, so no maths or books to double check. No obvious departures (like normal Scion). And I intend to start in the next few days

@shepsquared when referring to real life companies, do you prefer to use stand in names or the factual ones? In particular, should Karima be in Academi (formerly known as Blackwater), or Generic Military Contractor #1?

Arynne said:
Don't think the real companies will track us down to sue. ;)
I think fictionally getting taken over by a child of the Egyptian god of Chaos counts as fair use ;)

shepsquared said:
I saw it, but I'm on my phone again, so no maths or books to double check. No obvious departures (like normal Scion). And I intend to start in the next few days
Updated the sheet. The mechanics side is *fingers crossed* finished now, just need to flesh out the background.

Threads are up!

Also, does anyone have any experience in how stunting is usually handled in a pbp game? Because I'm not certain how to go about it

Usually, we stunt and you rate it afterwards. It's not the most efficient way of doing it, but it generally works.

An alternative is that we stunt and rate it ourselves and you step in if you feel we've been unfair.

@shepsquared I forgot to mention it before. The Psychic Profiler knack [God 76] lets me know weight, height, age, sex and any divine heritage of anyone with Legend lower than mine. With conversation I can also tell Nature, calling and primary Virtue (if any). Fatebinding is also obvious.

Now, this seems like an innocent little Knack until you realize that it doesn't work on people with Legend equal to mine or higher. Which instantly tells me if someone has Legend 3+.

This seems like an unintended and broken, so my suggestion would be that it appears to work for such people, but not telling anything they're not letting on. So a man disguised as a woman would register as a woman without any divine heritage if he had Legend 3+ and like a man if he has Legend 2-.

The most interesting question, assuming you go with my suggestion, is if I can tell anything interesting about the receptionist.

Sometimes it'll be obvious, most times it won't. Are you ok if I skip some of that for most npcs (I did not come up with height and weight for the receptionist.)

shepsquared said:
Sometimes it'll be obvious, most times it won't. Are you ok if I skip some of that for most npcs (I did not come up with height and weight for the receptionist.)
Of course. I'm mostly interested in spotting people with divine heritage or who are so disguised that I can tell something's wrong.

Also, I updated my sheet with the beginnings of a backstory. It may be growing slightly out of control.

Now. Should I pm you that info or just stick it in spoilers. I'm also tempted to runaway with the story, but I need to wait for everyone to post.-.-

I'm good with either, and I expect the others can be trusted not to act on the information even if it's in spoilers.

She's female, 21, no divine heritage, a survivalist (do no scions even have natures and callings?), the calling of "be a receptionist and keep them here", primary virtue duty.

Fatebinding: Weak Link Victim

Just keep in mind that it tells you only whether the person has Divine heritage or not. Not who the divine parent is, or what pantheon, otherwise it just obsoletes Scent of the Divine.

A question to our ST regarding Scent the Divine. What pantheons, if any, does my character know from their scents? what is the roll, if any, to figure out what is the meaning of a particular scent?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's activated by spending 1 legend, but requires no roll. You know the scent of the Bogovi (fresh rain and the sound of an ever turning wheel) but no others.

Stunting is pretty easy in most game.

1 die - automatic - as long as they stunt, they get one die. No GM involvement

2 die - automatic - as long as they give a good description. No GM involvement needed, unless they god-mode an NPC or break rules, if they are breaking a rule or god-moding, you either up difficulty one or pull off the last die.

3 die - GM choice - awesome description that really moves the story forward. GM can tell them to add another die to their roll

God-moding: For those unfamiliar, it is when you have NPCs that you don't control, and have them act, especially in ways counter to what the GM would want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back