[Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] [Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] Domain of Leisure

shepsquared said:
That seems fine, although I'm not certain how useful indestructible would normally be (now that I think about it tho...)
If you think it's not that useful, I'll be happy to take that dot off, gives me more points to get something else!

Arynne said:
I found a picture of Ms. Lawrence:
Libby_zps3af4ade4.jpg

She's not taking any guff from the likes of you!
I'm not afraid of her.

[QUOTE="Lord-Leafar]If you think it's not that useful, I'll be happy to take that dot off, gives me more points to get something else!

[/QUOTE]
I think it could be useful. Not right away but as you gain more powerful enemies. Excalibur is an example of indestructible. If aliens drop a bomb that liquified the planet surface, Excalibur will be sticking out of some stone once it cool. And Grisl will spend a few Legend to put herself back together and claim it.

Okay, so, hey. I took a ring of power. So? I mean, it's not like it's goin- Also. Shep- are we using the official version instead, then? As someone pointed out, it's written up officially, it seems. (And as I thought, is a Five Dotter.)

solyrflair said:
I think it could be useful. Not right away but as you gain more powerful enemies. Excalibur is an example of indestructible. If aliens drop a bomb that liquified the planet surface, Excalibur will be sticking out of some stone once it cool. And Grisl will spend a few Legend to put herself back together and claim it.
Good call. Indestructible weapons are always useful. Especially ones conveniently sticking out of stones to be reclaimed by the first person to pull themselves back together with enough Epic Strength to yank it free.

I know I've been going back and forth on divine parents like crazy, but I've finally got it down to two. Isis or Osiris? Thoughts?

Isis

Epic Charisma, Epic Manipulation,

Fertility, Guardian, Health, Heku, Magic, Mystery

Academics, Integrity, Investigation, Occult, Politics, Presence

Osiris

Epic Charisma, Epic Manipulation,

Animal (Centipede, Ram), Death, Earth, Heku, Fertility, Justice

Awareness, Command, Fortitude, Investigation, Politics, Presence

There's also the dark horse candidate Thoth, but don't count on him.

Thoth

Epic Intelligence,

Animal (Baboon, Ibis), Heku, Justice, Magic, Moon

Academics, Integrity, Investigation, Occult, Politics, Science

Mmmm, how strictly should the descriptions of a god's scions' traits be taken?

Set's purviews suit me very well, but the chaotic nature ascribed to his scions does not.

solyrflair said:
Yeah, I was honestyly going "why would you want that?....Oh. derp. that makes sense."

Helps that it is part of Sun Wukong's schtick anyway.

SephirothSage said:
Okay, so, hey. I took a ring of power. So? I mean, it's not like it's goin- Also. Shep- are we using the official version instead, then? As someone pointed out, it's written up officially, it seems. (And as I thought, is a Five Dotter.)
The official version isn't statted up as a relic, its a trophy. So we can go with what we've being doing, but I know how to play the curse out in game now.

Esbilon said:
Mmmm, how strictly should the descriptions of a god's scions' traits be taken?
Set's purviews suit me very well, but the chaotic nature ascribed to his scions does not.
Depends really. For Set, the chaos bit seems extremely important, but a scion of Zeus could be a warrior as easy as a socialite or intellectual. Then again, if you can rp traits you'd inherit other than the chaotic nature it could work. (And maybe next time edit your posts together if they aren't several hours apart or haven't been replied to)

shepsquared said:
Depends really. For Set, the chaos bit seems extremely important, but a scion of Zeus could be a warrior as easy as a socialite or intellectual. Then again, if you can rp traits you'd inherit other than the chaotic nature it could work. (And maybe next time edit your posts together if they aren't several hours apart or haven't been replied to)
My scion would have goals pretty much aligned with Set (getting personal power and keeping the Titans out), and be OK with his methods (fratricide, torture, murder most foul where appropriate), but with a completely different personality. Where Set is prone to "rapid changes of mood and temper," my scion would be dispassionate, always keeping an eye on the big picture, only giving into uncontrolled outbursts or being ruled by emotions when under dire stress or provocation.

As for multiposting... Yeah. I know. But people aren't notified if I edit, so if they were replying while I was editing, they'd miss the edit. But I suppose I could inform them if they replied to an unedited version after the edit. I think I'll do that next time. ATM, I can't do anything since I can't delete posts myself.

[QUOTE="Red Shadow Claws]Well, that would be one way to find Excalibur... wonder why no one ever considered doing it.. :tongue:

[/QUOTE]
You know, if you read Camalot 3000 graphic novel you would see how that happened. I won't tell you how it ends, but when you get to issue 12, you will know why I chose Excalibur as being indestructible.

@Esbilon You don't have to be like all the other scions of the same god, but it is hard to have Chaos, Death, and Guardian and be all bubbles and unicorns. But it is pretty likely to have you parent provide a big influence in who you are, especially inheriting so many traits from them. Still, you are an individual so you get to be creative in how that influence plays out.

Every time you manipulate someone's emotions, it causes someone else to lust after the ring (or something that sets them against you) I'm assuming you have as a 2 dot power you can manipulate the emotions of someone you either touch with the ring or whose eyes you look into (contested roll of charisma+presence+legend vs willpower+integrity+legend, lasts for number of days = to excess successes)

Basically it causes fatebinding, focused entirely on purposefully negative roles. That said, it takes a lot for it to matter (or the wrong target in a crowd) for this to have a truly negative effect, but its noticable

Just be grateful you're not going with the "official" one...it doesn't quite turn you into a dragon, troll or Ringwraith, but it's pretty nasty.

Esbilon, in our group we have two with Guardian and two with Magic. IMHO, Osiris would provide the most contrast, but that's just me.

Arynne said:
Esbilon, in our group we have two with Guardian and two with Magic. IMHO, Osiris would provide the most contrast, but that's just me.
As a Scion of Isis, I'd favor Health, Mystery and Stars

Osiris; Earth, Justics and Stars

Thoth; Animal (Ibis), Magic and Stars

Set; Illusion, Stars and War.

Which I think really cinches the argument for Set. Assuming it's ok to be a non-chaotic Scion of Set.

A quick question about raising our Legend score. Is it going to go up by ST fiat, or are we going to have to save up and buy it ourselves? I have several level 3 Purviews that I'm looking at on my wish list, and I'm just trying to make some plans.

So we now have two with Guardian, two with Illusion, two with Magic, two with War...

This is going to be one weird group. :D

Arynne said:
So we now have two with Guardian, two with Illusion, two with Magic, two with War...
Mmm. I'm not 100% comitted to either War or Illusion. I could exchange the former for Chaos or (theoretically) Sky. Or the latter for pretty much anything. Darkness or Health maybe, Mystery or Industry?

Suggestions on what would benefit the group most would be appreciated :)

You have a daughter of Hel. Automatically makes it a weird group. Add in a child so Set, well, this should prove epic.

@Esbilon -You need to figure out what you want to play, and then be it. Groups will get rearranged at some point or you could find yourself on your own for a scene. Trying to balance yourself for an opening scene or two is just a bit too much. Find what you like to play and go for it. I doubt our ST is going for a 50% kill rate in Act 1, Scene 1.

Arynne said:
I have Guardian and War, I contributed to this twice!

Having Scions of Ares and Athena in the same group is weird. Shep's gonna have fun with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back