[Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] [Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] Domain of Leisure

Foolish13 said:
*busy pointing and laughing*
Say, Mei and Karima? Shall we talk Military Rumors and how they relate to our characters?
Mmm, you mean that rumours about their past exploits may have made its way along the grapvine? There are roughly 1.5 million people in the US armed forces + 800.000 in the reserves. I think said exploits would need to be pretty epic and public to make their way to the rest of us.

Edit: And that's without mentioning that Kyle, Kendra and Karima (what's with the k's?) are from three different branches of the armed forces, and that Karima is an officer while the others are enlisted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering at least one of them, Kyle, became a Scion just after he became SEAL, something must have happened to bump his Legend from 2 to 3. Hmm, or perhaps the rumors are a still contained within each Branch, and the 3 Ks? Totally a coincidence, as is the fact they seem to represent three aspects of an army:

- Strategy (Karima)

- Conventional (Kendra)

- Unconventional (Kyle)

Edit: Ah, freck, I forgot something important, all Navy SEAL missions are supposed to be classified, which means, yup, the rumors are stuck in each Branch.

"Supposed to be classified" and "actually classified" are two very different things. Also, I'm sure Kyle did impressive things while he wasn't on missions. And there's the off chance that Karima might have had the need to know during a joint Marine/Navy operation.

How are the timelines for their service? Assuming the current year is 2013, Karima's look like so:

2010-2013: Reserves

2003-2010: Active duty

1999-2003: United States Naval Academy, Annapolis

Since she was already a scion to begin with, her exploits while at the Academy might be sufficiently impressive that Kyle's (or possibly Kendra's) commanding officers remembers her and spreads the word. Plus, there's the option of joint armed forces exercises.

The only thing noteworthy about Kendra's stay in the army was how vocal she was about wanting to be able to fight and how bored she was being stuck in Germany for most of her army career... The ban on women in the frontlines was only just removed this year in the US. A couple years too late for Kendra, who was only in for the base four.

Honestly, her Legend comes from being an awesome Spartan Death Racer.

Hmm, I had no idea the military was still so sexist. I'm not sure Karima's history is entirely in line with real world facts, but since I haven't specified what she actually did, I suppose it's fine.

OK, cool. And in any case Kendra and Karima have already interacted, so it seems chronologically problematic for them to have heard about each other retroactively anyway.

Any one else a navy brat or any military brat? People might have heard about the sick kid that never seemed to be in school much.

Let's see, timeline if it's 2013:

Finished High School at 18 and immediately went into the Navy, 2008.

Two months of Basic Navy training, 2008.

Then complete SEAL training for 2 and a half years, strictly he should be done on 2010, but then SEAL Medic qualifications took another 6 months.

Finished at 21, so that'd be 2011.

Next 2 years he spent being deployed along with his team on several missions including Afganistan and Iraq, this would be his first proper leave with absence.

As a note, his Guide is a Legend amongst the SEALs, to the point where he has his own Legend Score, so already that's something since Kyle attracted his attention from the moment he got his Trident.

And unfortunately not Solyr, Kyle's actually from a pretty rich and impressive family in San Fran.

OK, so it sounds very much like they wouldn't have had any actual interactions, but it isn't impossible that Karima left enough of an impression on some of the people who trained/commanded Kyle for the word to be passe on. Her Guide might have recognized her divine skills since he's in the know, and she kind stands out.

Hmm, perhaps. Chief Daniels had worked with a number of scions before Kyle after all. Personally, I see the guy as a fusion of David Anderson and Captain America.

solyrflair said:
Any one else a navy brat or any military brat? People might have heard about the sick kid that never seemed to be in school much.
Raven was a MP in the RAF for eight years. Does that count?

Foolish13 said:
Hmm, perhaps. Chief Daniels had worked with a number of scions before Kyle after all. Personally, I see the guy as a fusion of David Anderson and Captain America.
Heheh. He could have met Karima, but he would have pegged her in the "effective, but not my style," category. She's way too much about getting the job done for those two to like her.

Sherwood said:
Raven was a MP in the RAF for eight years. Does that count?
That's being in the military, being a military brat means being the child of someone in teh military and growing up on a multitude of bases as your parent gets reassigned. Not qualitative all taht different from being a postdoc brat I imagine.

Esbilon said:
Heheh. He could have met Karima, but he would have pegged her in the "effective, but not my style," category. She's way too much about getting the job done for those two to like her.
Hmm, perhaps, perhaps.

In fact, I'm up for making it happen. How about you?

Maybe Daniels and Karima protecting a General from an assassination attempt in some offices, but needing to keep everything hush hush not to tip off the Assassin?

I was expecting a longer label. Something along the lines of "difficult to the extreme" or "tried to help but the complications proved difficult". Some other interesting thoughts might be "returned her tutu with bullet holes in it" or maybe "once ate a taco bigger than her head".

I'm just waiting for a reply to my IC post to move the story along.

solyrflair said:
I was expecting a longer label. Something along the lines of "difficult to the extreme" or "tried to help but the complications proved difficult". Some other interesting thoughts might be "returned her tutu with bullet holes in it" or maybe "once ate a taco bigger than her head".
Difficult when dealing with authority. One of the reasons she's hella fit is because is how the Army disciplines.

The result is dem abs. Oh, and tons of endurance for strenuous activity and being awesome over all. She didn't have to train hard for Spartan Death racing.

Mei said:
Difficult when dealing with authority. One of the reasons she's hella fit is because is how the Army disciplines.
The result is dem abs. Oh, and tons of endurance for strenuous activity and being awesome over all. She didn't have to train hard for Spartan Death racing.
Sooo, how did she make sergeant again? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back