[Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] [Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] Domain of Leisure

solyrflair said:
Grisl will probably start fate bonding fellow scions once she casts some spells. Spells automatically cause a level 1 fatebond without needing to roll. Then you roll legend to see if it gets stronger.
...Like that stalker-y spell that allows you to always know the target's location?

Use it!

Last edited by a moderator:
lordofthestorm said:
"I'll take you up on that offer, love," Liam said, taking Karima's other wrist.
Karima, so far, has only two wrists. One is holding onto Kendra, and Kenji beat you to it.

But now that I think about it, multiple arms is definitely somethings she could go for as a god.

Stupid thought but I now have this image in my head of Liam grabbing the closest thing to a wrist left (an ankle) and being dragged along like that.

Esbilon said:
Karima, so far, has only two wrists. One is holding onto Kendra, and Kenji beat you to it.
But now that I think about it, multiple arms is definitely somethings she could go for as a god.
Y'know, when I first read Karima grabbing Kendra's wrist, I misread it as waist.

Esbilon said:
I plan on adding wings to Raven as she goes up in Legend.

Mei said:
Y'know, when I first read Karima grabbing Kendra's wrist, I misread it as waist.
Seriously, you are like an infinite well of unintentional UST. I'm... quite jealous.

SephirothSage said:
So it's agreed, of course, that all the PC's, are going to form a Giant '"Fuck you" Pantheon together, right?
Sigh... I'll go draw up the giant middle-finger symbol...

Welll. I think I'll do that, thank yeh. Scion of Loki and all... who may become a Rock Star if I get his music up high enough.

So far, Libby isn't ready to blow off her Mater just yet.

Though if Athena Parthenos is the one who set them up, and who put the whammy on that poor receptionist...

Also, I'm still hoping for someone to decide to become Uncle Sam. ;)

He had a very nice Godrealm in DC Comics:

640px-Heartland_001.jpg

What does it take to be Uncle Sam? I don't think he'd approve of Karima, but she might just steal his purview if he weren't looking too close.

Also, she is quite sure that Set very much expects her to try and usurp him, and preferably also the rest of that pantheon, so she has no problem stepping on toes that need stepping on.

*yawns*

Geez you guys, I go get some sleep and then 5 pages, I'm starting to think you wait for me to sleep before these epic discussions :P

About Fate and Legend, it's pretty simple, your Legend is basically how well known you are, so Legend 1 would be legendary mortals in their specific fields like Nikolai Tesla, while Scions start of at Legend 2 because of their Divine Parents. Fate would then be what that Scion is so well known for, their story so to speak, and it will influence their actions to fit their story, so the more well known you are the more influence your Fate has on your actions when you're around mortals...that's what happened to the Sun apparently, it got transformed from a mystical thing into a ball of hot gases thanks to the Age of Science.

Also, God of Unconventional Warfare for the win.

Esbilon said:
What does it take to be Uncle Sam? I don't think he'd approve of Karima, but she might just steal his purview if he weren't looking too close.
Well, the canonical Uncle Sam was born human, to parents who sailed on the Mayflower, and nobody knows who his divine parent is or was. "He embodies the power and responsibilities that accompany citizenship, and stands as a reminder that freedom isn’t free." All his Scions are adopted, as he refuses to indulge in the licentious behavior of his peers. (Being brought up a strict Calvinist will do that to you.) His Purviews are Animal (Eagle), Guardian, Industry, Justice and War.

Of course, there's no need whatsoever for anyone to follow that template. The canonical Columbia favors Guardian and Psychopomp, and represents the pioneer spirit; I only kept the part about being a Scion of Athena.

Arynne said:
Well, the canonical Uncle Sam was born human, to parents who sailed on the Mayflower, and nobody knows who his divine parent is or was. "He embodies the power and responsibilities that accompany citizenship, and stands as a reminder that freedom isn’t free." All his Scions are adopted, as he refuses to indulge in the licentious behavior of his peers. (Being brought up a strict Calvinist will do that to you.) His Purviews are Animal (Eagle), Guardian, Industry, Justice and War.
Mmm, that doesn't really help. Karima agrees that freedom isn't free, but she doesnt' value it as highly as Uncle Sam would. Citizenship... Maybe. Anyways, it doesn't sound very fitting at all. And she most certainly isn't Calvinist.

Well, besides Uncle Sam and Lady Columbia, the official Yankee Pantheon also includes the Tall Man With the Axe, the Tall Man With the Hammer and the Tall Man With the Rattlesnake Necktie (the Tall Man With the Anchor having been unaccountably left out). Plus Betsey Ross, Johnny Appleseed, Br'er Rabbit and Rosie the Riveter.

Basically, any distinctly American legend is fair game.

But yeah, I may have to lay claim to Uncle Sam's portfolio myself. :)

...huh, going by the Yankee Pantheon, I'd prolly best fit The Cowboy.

However, an idea if we are gonna honestly go for the pantheon later on, how about a Pantheon that represents everything about the modern age instead of a single country, a sort of UN for Scions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back