[Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] [Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] Domain of Leisure

Arynne said:
I think Father and Mother Gods tend to start out as Gods of more or less everything, and then as the kids and grandkids come along, they delegate...but often without giving up the original title. So Odin is a God of Death, God of War, God of Poetry, etc.
I want to hear Odin's poetry right now. It must be glorious.

Libby is a likely Goddess of Wisdom, but she will probably get the same idea as Orlanda Elliott did and attach herself to an existing Legend -- in her case, the image of Columbia/Lady Liberty, the pre-Uncle Sam personification of America.

Last edited by a moderator:
utdfan22 said:
I want to hear Odin's poetry right now. It must be glorious.

Veit ec at ec hecc vindga meiði a

netr allar nío,

geiri vndaþr oc gefinn

Oðni, sialfr sialfom mer,

a þeim meiþi, er mangi veit,

hvers hann af rótom renn.

I know that I hung on the windy tree

Hung there for nights full nine

Wounded with the spear, and offered I was

Odin to Odin, myself to myself

On that tree that no man ever may know

How deep the root beneath it runs.

Arynne said:
Libby is a likely Goddess of Wisdom, but she will probably get the same idea as Orlanda Elliott did and attach herself to an existing Legend -- in her case, the image of Columbia/Lady Liberty, the pre-Uncle Sam personification of America.
Mmm, Karima would be OK with taking over any existing Legend, not sure if there are any that fit her and the US, though.

Cleverness is another purview she would favor, and a nice contrast to Libby's Wisdom.

Arynne said:
Veit ec at ec hecc vindga meiði a

netr allar nío,

geiri vndaþr oc gefinn

Oðni, sialfr sialfom mer,

a þeim meiþi, er mangi veit,

hvers hann af rótom renn.

I know that I hung on the windy tree

Hung there for nights full nine

Wounded with the spear, and offered I was

Odin to Odin, myself to myself

On that tree that no man ever may know

How deep the root beneath it runs.
Wow... deep. Thanks for the treat, Arynne.

Oh man, Kendra's definitely a war goddess, but should also be associated with winter and the northern direction.

I definitely could see Karima as a goddess of guile, strategy, decisive action or seizing opportunities. I am not sure where I see Kenji at the deity level though. Themes that might fit him could be spies, reflections, or deceptive appearances.

[QUOTE="Kaji-Oni]I definitely could see Karima as a goddess of guile, strategy, decisive action or seizing opportunities. I am not sure where I see Kenji at the deity level though. Themes that might fit him could be spies, reflections, or deceptive appearances.

[/QUOTE]
I make Karima sound much nicer than that, so you're probably right on the Guile part ;)

As for Kenji, I'm not sure, we haven't seen too much of him yet, but those definitely fit. However, a god of spies seems like too small a purview. Perhaps expand him to cover Information in general.

[QUOTE="Red Shadow Claws]Lets not forget that whatever plans we make right now, could come tumbling down once Fatebonds begin to appear...

[/QUOTE]
How exactly do those work?

[QUOTE="Red Shadow Claws]Lets not forget that whatever plans we make right now, could come tumbling down once Fatebonds begin to appear...

[/QUOTE]
But how else will we be able to say, "Wow, I got sidetracked."

Whenever you spend Legend while mortals are around, the ST makes a secret roll, to see if a Fatebond is created. At this stage they don't usually last for long, unless we spend lots of Legend in a scene with mortals. Once a fatebond is formed, they take on a variety of roles, some beneficient, and some detrimental. In addition they also 'gain' one power (Purview, Ability, Epic, or an Attribute) That they believe youa re good at, and one that they believe you are bad at. And as they become more powerful Fatebonds, they can buy them off or for you. And since 'Fate' is suppsoed to be the driving force here, their beliefs might not be always related to the action. So if you were fighting a Frost Giant, and used Darkness to frighten it, they might think you used Illusion, or Epic Appearance, or something else to do so, and reason that you must be good at it, and start buying that for you, because their beliefs help shape you.

One reason that Raven is waiting to take to the sky until there are no mortals around.

Yeah, perhaps the reason Artemis is into the ladies is because people started believing it.

Grisl is most definitely going for Death Goddess and Ice Witch.

Esbilon said:
Grisl would be the obvious choice, not sure how she feels about it. Alternatively, we could push for immortality for humans, at least from non-violence causes, as a pantheonic thing.
However. There can be more than one

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh. Odd. Well, I'm up for a trial by fire, and willing to assume Set found it amusing to not give the full details to his daughter.

Grisl will probably start fate bonding fellow scions once she casts some spells. Spells automatically cause a level 1 fatebond without needing to roll. Then you roll legend to see if it gets stronger.

Well, Raven is going for the Goddess of the night sky, so she's going to want a airborne castle with a view of the Moon.

Or the God of Procrastination. But we can talk about that later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back