[Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] [Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] Domain of Leisure

Well, maybe on an island in the sea the Colossus stands in...

The Colossus is the Platonic form of the Statue of Liberty -- also the Colossus of Rhodes, and numerous other statues, now lost to time, that celebrate the ideals of a nation. Made of pure gold, carrying a torch that illuminates but does not burn, and with the words "Liberty" and "Glory" inscribed on the pedestal, it stands on a marble platform in an endless ocean in its own Terra Incognita, and can only be reached via the Statue of Liberty (unless someone rebuilds the Colossus of Rhodes -- not likely during the Great Recession).

Arynne said:
Well, maybe on an island in the sea the Colossus stands in...
The Colossus is the Platonic form of the Statue of Liberty -- also the Colossus of Rhodes, and numerous other statues, now lost to time, that celebrate the ideals of a nation. Made of pure gold, carrying a torch that illuminates but does not burn, and with the words "Liberty" and "Glory" inscribed on the pedestal, it stands on a marble platform in an endless ocean in its own Terra Incognita, and can only be reached via the Statue of Liberty (unless someone rebuilds the Colossus of Rhodes -- not likely during the Great Recession).
Cool. I still prefer my star mansion, though, but I'm biased :)

Is there an official Scion canon on what's out there in space? Aliens, titanspawn on Jupiter, ancient artifacts of battles long fought?

Arynne said:
Although Hades is said to be annoyed about Pluto's demotion to "dwarf planet". ;)
On a related note, I love the Aesir's reaction to their Marvel Universe counterparts.

...yeah, sure, Sif. Of course you didn't nudge Stan and Jack into writing you as an Action Girl instead of a housewife who does nothing memorable except get her hair cut off. :P

Now I wonder just who developed the Boon "I Say Thee Nay!"

Mei said:
Oh! Do we have an aspiring death god?
Grisl would be the obvious choice, not sure how she feels about it. Alternatively, we could push for immortality for humans, at least from non-violence causes, as a pantheonic thing.

Mei said:
Immortality would make Kendra the unloved big bad of the Pantheon.
Monsters still need to be fought, we have various end of the world scenarios for her to protect us from. Plus, we'll of course only push for immortality to our followers.

Alexei is also a good candidate for a Death God, but it remains to be seen how it develops. He might also end up as the Judge of the Dead.

I'm seeing Karima as a goddess of Time, Leadership and possibly War if that doesn't clash too much with Kendra.

Indeed. And the ways they do war are very different, so it should be fine. Control is another possible purview, closely related to Leadership though it is.

Ayato's probably heading towards some kind of Storm God... either that or a God of children if he falls back on the mortal job.

I think Father and Mother Gods tend to start out as Gods of more or less everything, and then as the kids and grandkids come along, they delegate...but often without giving up the original title. So Odin is a God of Death, God of War, God of Poetry, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back