[Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] [Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] Domain of Leisure

In a strength heavy build, maybe. But for a character like mine who's just dabbling in combat, Dex is so far superior it isn't even funny. Case in point: Untouchable Opponent.

Esbilon said:
In a strength heavy build, maybe. But for a character like mine who's just dabbling in combat, Dex is so far superior it isn't even funny. Case in point: Untouchable Opponent.
Well, if we're dabbling, then yeah. I mean, if combat is your second option, then the ability to invest in just one attribute (DEX) rather than having to spread it over two (Strength and Stamina) for far less of a power drop than one would expect, then it's stupidly broken in that sense. It's a bit like how a lot of Epic Charisma Knacks (more or less) allow you to do a lot of the things Appearance and Manipulation would usually be used for but more so.

Oh, what do you mean with Charisma vs Man/App? I looked into this quite a bit and found Manipulation to be the superior choice. For my concept at least.

Esbilon said:
Oh, what do you mean with Charisma vs Man/App? I looked into this quite a bit and found Manipulation to be the superior choice. For my concept at least.
It's more so with Appearance (skills like Charmer, Engender Love, etc.) but stuff like Boys will be Boys, Hapless Cool, Inspirational Figure seem pretty borderline manipulative to me. That's not even getting into the fact that one could use Charisma manipulatively in the first place (intimidating someone in the hopes they'll make a break for it, being diplomatic and nice because it'll probably make certain people spill their guts to you), just stuff like that. It's been a while since I've checked Manipulation out in-depth though, so I'm open to arguements against everything I've just said.

Ah, I think that's a two way street (though checking would take more time than I'm willing to devote while at work). Charisma and Manipulation have always had a significant overlap, and will in all likelihood continue having that.

utdfan, all social stats have their uses, and all are valuable, but as always it depends on the character concept. I for one plan to max all three of them, which means that Epic Stamina will be my go-to for surviving combat.

Esbilon said:
Ah, I think that's a two way street (though checking would take more time than I'm willing to devote while at work). Charisma and Manipulation have always had a significant overlap, and will in all likelihood continue having that.
I suppose so, I've just been spending some time with the Charisma Knacks, so the mind starts having these little ideas.

[QUOTE="Red Shadow Claws]utdfan, all social stats have their uses, and all are valuable, but as always it depends on the character concept. I for one plan to max all three of them, which means that Epic Stamina will be my go-to for surviving combat.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know they all have their uses and, obviously, the more options the better. In the end, I think we can all agree that character build is key to finding what skills you need.

Esbilon said:
I'm mostly debating Epic Dex 2 (Untouchable Opponent) vs Epic Int 2 (Axiom [Companion 57]).
I considered Axiom myself, but I've never been able to get it to work for me.

Arynne said:
I considered Axiom myself, but I've never been able to get it to work for me.
Oh, how come? It sounds pretty straight forward, though perhaps a bit expensive.

Mei said:
I have two in all them Physical Epics.
Nice. That's makes you a hard-hitting, hard-to-hit and hard-to-hurt brawler. It's awesome at low-level but it'll get pricey to keep up at higher levels (are you a Red Mage? If so, do you have one of their swanky hats?), so I'm focusing just on STR and STA. If I don't make that choice now, I'd go mad debating where to put my points later. It takes me forever to make decisions on this kind of stuff.

Grisl will be about Epic Sta. You could probably knock her down easily. But hit her with a ton of brick and she will eventually get back up, reattach an arm or leg, and then show up at your door when don't expect it.

At demigod level I want to create a knack called Headless Is Just A State Of Mind.

ahhhhhhh_zpsf1d95653.jpg

Remind me to never piss Grisl off.

solyrflair said:
Grisl will be about Epic Sta. You could probably knock her down easily. But hit her with a ton of brick and she will eventually get back up, reattach an arm or leg, and then show up at your door when don't expect it.
At demigod level I want to create a knack called Headless Is Just A State Of Mind.
That's perfect. We'll just use a needle and thread to put the head back on later. It solves so many problems.

I think I'll go with another dot of Epic Dex...I guess the presence of more warlike Scions is causing Libby to spontaneously develop new combat-readiness. ;)

I still want that extra power for the Book, eventually...it just makes sense.

Indeed! I feel like I should tone the whole war thing down in light of these revelations. Yeah. I think I'll go with Epic Int, and Axiom. We'll see how useful it is.

There really needs to be a counterpart Knack to Untouchable Opponent that gives a bonus to Parry DV instead of Dodge DV.

Quick question, increasing an Epic Attribute that it's not favored from 1 to 2 costs 5 experience points right? And does it come with a Knack as well?

That being the case, following on the prowess of the Monkey King to spot any disguised demons, my first purchase is gonna be Epic Perception 2, and take Real McCoy, seems like a handy option considering our first enemies are shapeshifters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back