[Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] [Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] Domain of Leisure

I'm probably going to take Epic Wits 2 first, and use it to get Adaptive Fighting, or get Hero's Geas (Enech 2).

Do you guys think that the Epic Stamina Knack of Body Armor should have the 'B' tag, making it bulletproof? It doesn't say in the book.

There really needs to be a counterpart Knack to Untouchable Opponent that gives a bonus to Parry DV instead of Dodge DV.

People make custom Charms for Exalted all the time; make up a comparable Knack for that. Since there is already a precedent you shouldn't have any problems getting it approved by Shep.

Well.... Parry is inherently superior to Dodge since it plays off the same ability as your attack and it is not affected by mobility penalty.

So make Untouchable Opponent a prerequisite for the new Knack.

Isn't there already one? It allows you to parry bullets as a stunt if I remember correctly.

Edit:

Found it, it's called Whirlwind Shield.

[[Prerequisite Knack: Untouchable Opponent (Scion: Hero, p. 128 )

Normally, no mortal or Scion can parry thrown attacks without a stunt, nor can one parry bullets at all. When a Scion has this Knack, however, he becomes the whirlwind for which it is named and can defend himself better than mortals or even his Scion peers. Upon activating the Knack, the Scion can apply his full Parry DV to attacks made with thrown items (javelins, chakrams, sling stones, etc.) or with bows or crossbows. He can knock the projectiles aside or snag them out of the air armed or unarmed, almost without thinking about it. With a stunt, the character can even try to parry bullets. He can do so only with some sort of object that can actually withstand a bullet’s impact, though—such as an iron skillet, a Birthright gauntlet or the side of his own gun’s barrel. Activating this Knack costs one point of Legend. It lasts for one scene.]]

Double Edit: So it looks like it only applies to ranged attacks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I was thinking of one that does for Parry what Untouchable Opponent does for Dodge (and only leaping-out-of-the-way Dodge -- the Knack specifically states it doesn't work if you're using any sort of cover).

Feel free to come up with something; I get the feeling I'll be altering Untouchable Opponent when we get into the demigod levels just from discussion I've seen on other boards, so I don't mind something that could help balance it

It gets that way. Doubling the Dodge DV bonus you get from your Epic Dex at low levels is good; at high levels its crazy.

If there is going to be a tweak to Untouchable Opponent, will we get the option to switch the Knack out for a new one?

Well. The "next" is telling, isn't it. It implies that there was a first. So one needs to ponder who that is so as to remove them from consideration of being next...

Mmm, a first, and perhaps a second and third? We know how the Greeks are after all.

Hmm, I would say Kenji first and Grisl next. Probably no one in between. Alternative, everyone else before, and Karima Next.

Well, sadly it wasn't a who, it was still a what.

You can't sing a who... Wait, yes, you can sing songs by The Who.

Mei said:
Well, sadly it wasn't a who, it was still a what.
You can't sing a who... Wait, yes, you can sing songs by The Who.
Well, I can't. I could probably learn quite swiftly though, I'm good at learning songs. The lyrics anyway. I am killer at Irish folk songs and Danish physics themed drinking songs.

Wasn't actually going to sing a song from The Who... Was going to go with Born To Be Wild, though.

Mei said:
Wasn't actually going to sing a song from The Who... Was going to go with Born To Be Wild, though.
Appropriate.

Mmm, now I want a theme song for Karima. Suggestions?

OK, that took me only roughly 30 seconds to figure out, and I still think that was 29 too many. Seriously, it's like the most obvious ever.

[media]

[/media]

Also tempted to sing some Journey.

Not that Kendra's a good singer... She just gets bored easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back