[Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] [Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] Domain of Leisure

Karima has picked a direction in agreement with Grisl. Grisl and Liam have the Unlidded Eye which I think is the only sensory power any of us have, so if they go with Karima's directions, one of those should take point.

@solyrflair @lordofthestorm One of you wanna lead our motley crew?

When I get home from work I can post taking point. I might not be the best combat person but I can regenerate lost limbs.

Must be a slow day today, I was half-expecting to be flooded with posts while I was out all day in school.

Ok, let me try and get a handle on this;

Charlie is on his bike, Raven and Ayato are on her bike, and they're all heading to Central Park

Alexei and Kyle are in a cab going somewhere?

Sigfried is still in the bar?

And the hotel group is sticking together, exploring the hallway that doesn't lead to the toilets?

The elevators go up and down; no comment on the stairs.

For a totally unrelated topic, who likes SCP087? I sure do. It gives me ideas...

Sorry guys. Flat out exhausted last night. Picked up food on the way home and fell asleep just reading the OOC thread. Flat out asleep in 10 minutes of getting home. I am going to post now and move the Vegas group into their mystery/death trap.

Okay, posted to thread. I cast the spell for The Unlidded Eye, in case no one speaks ancient Norse (I love the internets). That will allow me to see magic, threads of fate, probably including fate bindings, and the power level of scions and beasts. It costs me 1W, and should last a full scene.

Thankfully I found our plan's weakness before it comes up.

Mundane traps.

I wonder what the Scion equivalent of a mousetrap would be? Maybe a guillotine with an ancient sword underneath it?

On an unrelated note, would a character who's lived in two countries that doesn't have Academics in either language be assumed to be able to speak both (to some degree) but only read in his natvie tongue. Or am I overthinking it?

Last edited by a moderator:
You get a number of languages equal to your Int+Academics. Which for you is two languages. You would therefore have a native language plus a learned language which should cover most of your countries you lived in. Grisl can speak, though not fluently, several languages other than English.

As for the mousetrap, I would suggest that large rolling stone trap from that Indiana Jones movie. Squishing will be a lot harder for Grisl to regenerate.

Should I hold off on posting Raven getting to Central Park until the new thread, or do you want us to get there then you'll unveil the next thread?

solyrflair said:
You get a number of languages equal to your Int+Academics. Which for you is two languages. You would therefore have a native language plus a learned language which should cover most of your countries you lived in. Grisl can speak, though not fluently, several languages other than English.
Ooh I'd missed that rule. Just assumed you had whatever languages you felt fit with your background. Karima will have to pick up a few more then. Mmm, English, Arabic, Spanish, Mandarin, Ancient Egyptian, and 3 more. Any suggestions/bases we need covered?

Well, that number is a maximum. You don't need to use all of them. You might want to save some open slots for a language you might need to learn later. And they are supposed to be based on your background.

solyrflair said:
Well, that number is a maximum. You don't need to use all of them. You might want to save some open slots for a language you might need to learn later. And they are supposed to be based on your background.
Of course, but a bookworm, soldier, businesswoman has a lot of occasions to learn new languages. But keeping a few back is certainly a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back