[Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] [Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] Domain of Leisure

The higher the number, the more attacks you can make with it. But, the more attacks you make, the higher the penalties get for the string of attacks.

If you look at the Exalted book 'Shards of the Exalted Dream' it has write-ups for modern weapons in the back that have the Rate tag on them. A assault rifle is given a Rate of 4, and a heavy pistol is Rate 3, just to give some examples.

Revolvers are Rate 2, semi-autos are Rate 3. If you want to nix this, I am cool with it. Its just an idea, since both games are so close to each other.

That's a semi-auto, right? It would have Rate 3, also. Heavy weapons like sniper rifles are slower with Rate 1, a pump shotgun has Rate 2, while a combat shotgun is a Rate 3 weapon. Stuff like sub-machine guns are Rate 4 due to their high speed, but good luck hitting with those last few bullets.

shepsquared said:
I'm fine, I'll stick up a table when I have book access. Until then we'll hash it out in thread
No worries.

The only concern is what happens at higher Legend scores when your auto successes for Epic attributes get multiplied. If you are Legend 7 with Epic 3, you would have ? 21 ? Auto successes. Even with a -7 on the fourth shot with that, if you can get 1 success, you could still have 14 auto successes. Not to say that a demigod with some skills couldn't shoot 4 people on full auto. Just something to consider.

Ah. That is true. I had not considered the effects of that at higher Legend levels. But, don't forget that when we are at higher levels of Legend, our opponents will have similar power that we do, countering the effects of our Epic Dex's and the successes we garner from that.

For the third Scion game in a row...

frymeme.jpg

I'm glad I saved this.

Rate in Scion would be much worse than in Exalted, because of the auto suxxes from Epic Attributes. That said, everyone can attack twice in an action, at a -2 penalty to DV, and you roll one attack roll at -4 penalty. But the attacks can be at two different targets, or both at the same target, whichever you choose.

It seems that I have overlooked that rule. That takes care of the multiple attack question without being a game breaker. I respectfully withdraw my request to use Rate for weapons. It makes more sense to stick to the system as-is than trying to tweak it, it seems. Ah well. It was worth a shot, right?

shepsquared said:
Can't call to Mom, can't say a word

You're gonna die screaming, but you won't be heard.
...hm, at least the prophecy wasn't "two by two, hands of blue".

Mei said:
For the third Scion game in a row...
I'm glad I saved this.
At first, there was no intention to hit on her. Then I thought about it, and maybe...

Hard to say when you are playing a loner character if you are just playing lonely, or if your character is about to go into stalker mode. Either way, I think Grisl was just being dark and strange.

Sherwood said:
It seems that I have overlooked that rule. That takes care of the multiple attack question without being a game breaker. I respectfully withdraw my request to use Rate for weapons. It makes more sense to stick to the system as-is than trying to tweak it, it seems. Ah well. It was worth a shot, right?
Makes sense. I haven't really played the higher levels of Scion before, so it'll be a new experience. That said, hotel group. Decide whether you're taking the stairs elevator or misc corridor and the scene will end when you head down them

solyrflair said:
At first, there was no intention to hit on her. Then I thought about it, and maybe...
Hard to say when you are playing a loner character if you are just playing lonely, or if your character is about to go into stalker mode. Either way, I think Grisl was just being dark and strange.
Well, her mother is Hel (we know how she responds to crushes). As long as I find myself not trapped in an underworld, we're good.

Mei said:
Well, her mother is Hel (we know how she responds to crushes). As long as I find myself not trapped in an underworld, we're good.
You really should set higher standards for your love life.

Well, I'm okay with it. Kendra's dense dumb jock, might not even realize what's happening.

Mei said:
Well, I'm okay with it. Kendra's dense dumb jock, might not even realize what's happening.
She has perception 3, Intelligence 2 and Empathy 2. I'd say she gets it.

Esbilon said:
She has perception 3, Intelligence 2 and Empathy 2. I'd say she gets it.
To be fair, those stats could just be reflective of combat awareness rather than anything else. Someone could be able to see a hidden assassin at thirty yards and not notice that the person next to them is visibly twitching every few seconds. Sounds like something fun to roleplay, actually.

True. Everything is of course entirely up to the player, what I meant to say is that she could get it if Mei thinks that makes for a better story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back