• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacies: World at War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Also, what's the rule with nat 20s again? I know that there are modified 20s and nat 20s. But what do I do for each one?

I feel like I asked this before...I'm gonna have to write it down.

Unfortunately though many demons lost their lives in this invasions. Tactical victory for Heath and allies but a strategic victory for the Death Knight.

Also, what's the rule with nat 20s again? I know that there are modified 20s and nat 20s. But what do I do for each one?

I feel like I asked this before...I'm gonna have to write it down.
A natural 20 is what you got. Natural 20s are critical hits and modified 20s are just if you rolled a 17 but have a +3 modifier to give you 20 which isn't a critical.

TL: DR a 20 before any modifiers are applied. with Heath's Kuzureru would be 22 but since you naturally got a 20 that +2 effectively doesn't matter in combat.

Unfortunately though many demons lost their lives in this invasions. Tactical victory for Heath and allies but a strategic victory for the Death Knight.
Very true. The Death Knight neither won NOR loss. He did his damage for sure. Many casualties on both sides, Seiryoku troops too.
TL: DR a 20 before any modifiers are applied. with Heath's Kuzureru would be 22 but since you naturally got a 20 that +2 effectively doesn't matter in combat.
So, does the Nat 20 affect the damage in any way?

Very true. The Death Knight neither won NOR loss. He did his damage for sure. Many casualties on both sides, Seiryoku troops too.

So, does the Nat 20 affect the damage in any way?
Critical damage. The max damage of an attack plus you roll the attacks damage dice again normally to see what you get then then add the critical damage with that damage.

If you used Cyclone Kick, it'd be 16 + whatever you'd get if you rolled 2d8 normally.

Critical damage. The max damage of an attack plus you roll the attacks damage dice again normally to see what you get then then add the critical damage with that damage.

If you used Cyclone Kick, it'd be 16 + whatever you'd get if you rolled 2d8 normally.
Ah, got you.

So, what are we thinking? Should I end this battle off with a weaker move or up the ante a bit?

Ah, got you.

So, what are we thinking? Should I end this battle off with a weaker move or up the ante a bit?
Well, i did the calculations and actually you need to roll pretty high with the damage if you did use Cyclone. 16 damage only put him at 60% from where he's at now.

you'd need TWO max damage rolls to put him close. You've got help from Instense Flames where he takes 6-8 fire damage but still

Well, i did the calculations and actually you need to roll pretty high with the damage if you did use Cyclone. 16 damage only put him at 60% from where he's at now.
I already used Cyclone Kick, that slot is already spent.

Spell slots just limit how many times you can use your stronger magical attacks per rest.

And Mei... if she managed to hit.

As long as you have spell slots, you can use any of your magical attacks.
Really? I thought you could only use a move once per battle and then it was spent.

So...how many spell slots does Heath have?

They're not assigned to have only one slot per attack if that makes sense.

Really? I thought you could only use a move once per battle and then it was spent.

all characters start out with 5. Depending on their wisdom, then can either gain up to 2 additional slots or or lose 2 slots.

The only ability NOT tied to spell slot is a character's ultimate. It has its own slot and can only be regain via a long rest (a full day passes)

at the very bottom, the last two posts explain it a bit more, I think.

Wait, this is confusing me. Has he even spent any of the slots?
He used 5 of his 6 available spell slots over the course of the whole battle. He used mostly Flurry which is his basic attack, which all characters can use infinitely.

He used 5 of his 6 available spell slots over the course of the whole battle. He used mostly Flurry which is his basic attack, which all characters can use infinitely.
Now I'm even more confused. Heath only used three of his techniques, how'd he spend five?

Forgive me for being difficult.

Non-natural twenties are also called dirty twenties. That's what my dnd group has been using to call them. Kind of like fools' gold. It's a twenty but not the kind that gets you double damage.

Now I'm even more confused. Heath only used three of his techniques, how'd he spend five?

Forgive me for being difficult.
I went back and counted all of his posts, even before he faced the death knight and was fighting.

And my bad, didnt realize Heel Slam was also a basic.

He spent 3 of his 6.

The ones he used were, Cyclone Kick, Dismember and Tectonic Taekwondo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back