• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacies: World at War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I gotta change a bit around about Cairo's backstory now. Originally, I had it so that he helped orchestrate the deal between the gods and the kingdom to get the crystals, because he had a special relationship with the gods. He basically forced himself into near death experiences to meet with the gods for knowledge purposes, and the gods thought he was a weird but kindhearted and intriguing and said why not since he wants to use it to better his kingdom. Even though they found it odd and amusing, they respected him because he would only do it to himself, never promoted it or even spoke of it to another person so they wouldn't take the risk themselves and used the knowledge for the betterment of the Desert Nation. And because of that connection he ends up meeting with Gu'huan and helping to bring the deal about. He was high up in the kingdom at the time, a trusted advisor to the king and head librarian and archivist (he was the one who created the first grand library, promoting magic and knowledge, which ended up burning down and the kingdom losing a bunch of godly knowledge).
I wont completely disassociate Gu'huan from the creation of the crystals. Being a deity means she could've granted the Earth Dragons the special ability they have andd by extensions they recognized that and made the crystals.

Make her indirectly associated with them

which then leads to a bigger question... did V, the Goddess of War (who i still have yet to remake), have some kind of power to counteract the aggressive nature of the Desert?

which then leads to a bigger question... did V, the Goddess of War (who i still have yet to remake), have some kind of power to counteract the aggressive nature of the Desert?
Hmmmm, I don't really have any ideas for this, considering she's the goddess of war and not earth.

A few of the mechanics of the Weather wont be applicable. I.E. you cant directly control the weather like rain or storms

So, you wouldn't be able to use like lightning if you have wind magic?
I mean, if you wanna push it, you can make the wind cause lightning via friction like it does in real life but that would be pushing the envelope for the scope of the affinities.

Or you can use the wind to influence the direction of an incoming storm but you cant directly make a storm appear from the sky.

I mean, dont get me wrong, Weather is an element and the Wind element will keep the ability to create and control the wind but creating storms from nothing wont be possible with the change.

It also means I have to kinda change one of the Gods so... yay

Or wind, when aimed at the sky, could create a tornado or something i dunno lol

I mean, dont get me wrong, Weather is an element and the Wind element will keep the ability to create and control the wind but creating storms from nothing wont be possible with the change.

It also means I have to kinda change one of the Gods so... yay
Well, we could just make them separate elements instead. Hear me out here. We have nature and earth which you can make the same argument for as weather and wind. Wind is the main element, while weather is kind of like derived from it. Same thing with nature, its derived from earth. If we're going back to the basic four elements of water, fire, earth and air. So, if you wanted to you could just add wind as its own separate thing, like nature and earth are separate, and make weather strictly about storm and rain and shit rather than wind, and have wind be like actual air stuff. Because we already have what's basically a subcategory of a main element in the form of nature.

Well, we could just make them separate elements instead. Hear me out here. We have nature and earth which you can make the same argument for as weather and wind. Wind is the main element, while weather is kind of like derived from it. Same thing with nature, its derived from earth. If we're going back to the basic four elements of water, fire, earth and air. So, if you wanted to you could just add wind as its own separate thing, like nature and earth are separate, and make weather strictly about storm and rain and shit rather than wind, and have wind be like actual air stuff. Because we already have what's basically a subcategory of a main element in the form of nature.
I see Nature as controlling the plant life rather then the earth itself but i see the argument I suppose.

I guess that works

Me: *watching Dark Souls boss fights and getting ideas for the final fight of the story*
Oh boy. This'll be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back