• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacies: World at War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Kumii Kumii

I've finally finished updating the sheets of all of my characters who are in the current arc. Please feel free to check them out and let me know what you think.

I think the hardest things to work on were Lloyd's AMM and Kaius' ultimate.

Kumii Kumii

I've finally finished updating the sheets of all of my characters who are in the current arc. Please feel free to check them out and let me know what you think.

I think the hardest things to work on were Lloyd's AMM and Kaius' ultimate.
Kaius' ultimate seems a bit underwhelming for an ultimate lol

Kaius' ultimate seems a bit underwhelming for an ultimate lol
Yeah, I know. It's just because he's mostly an intellectual character, not a warrior. Can't have the guy be hella smart and hella strong. That's just overdoing it. In battles, majority of the time he'll be coming up with plans or exploiting enemy tactics, so Kaius plays more of a support role. Never planned for him to be an offensive character, or get into much direct combat anyway.

I don't really understand the intelligence stat in the lore though. I'm assuming that just refers to magic control.

Yeah, I know. It's just because he's mostly an intellectual character, not a warrior. Can't have the guy be hella smart and hella strong. That's just overdoing it. In battles, majority of the time he'll be coming up with plans or exploiting enemy tactics, so Kaius plays more of a support role. Never planned for him to be an offensive character, or get into much direct combat anyway.

I don't really understand the intelligence stat in the lore though. I'm assuming that just refers to magic control.
pretty much. the stats really just pertain to combat and have no real use outside of it.

I mean, I don't think Kaius' ultimate is that weak. Those mods can go a long way.
pretty much. the stats really just pertain to combat and have no real use outside of it.
Expanding on this, we're using dnd stats, and within dnd you're using stats for pretty much everything, even stuff outside of combat. Need to persuade a npc of something? You roll for it. Need to lie your way out of situation? Roll for it. Need to climb a tree? Roll to see if you can grab hold of the branches well enough. But here we're still doing everything besides combat with the same narrative approach that we were using before. So we had to shuffle around the stats a bit to pertain more towards combat because we aren't using them for anything else. But some dnd stats are more geared to the other half of the game, the outside of combat sections, hence the shuffling. Intelligence is proficiency with spellcasting. Same premise as strength and dex but with magic. So, it's not really a character's intelligence per say, but how good they are at casting spells, which I mean you need a decent level of smarts to learn magic so it works. Same thing with wisdom. It's not your wisdom, but how smart you are at managing your magic fatigue levels.

I mean, I don't think Kaius' ultimate is that weak. Those mods can go a long way.

Expanding on this, we're using dnd stats, and within dnd you're using stats for pretty much everything, even stuff outside of combat. Need to persuade a npc of something? You roll for it. Need to lie your way out of situation? Roll for it. Need to climb a tree? Roll to see if you can grab hold of the branches well enough. But here we're still doing everything besides combat with the same narrative approach that we were using before. So we had to shuffle around the stats a bit to pertain more towards combat because we aren't using them for anything else. But some dnd stats are more geared to the other half of the game, the outside of combat sections, hence the shuffling. Intelligence is proficiency with spellcasting. Same premise as strength and dex but with magic. So, it's not really a character's intelligence per say, but how good they are at casting spells, which I mean you need a decent level of smarts to learn magic so it works. Same thing with wisdom. It's not your wisdom, but how smart you are at managing your magic fatigue levels.
Gotchu. That makes sense. High intelligence, good. magic control. Low intelligence, poor magic control.

But hey, getting your feedback now, I might make a revision to Kaius's ult.

And I'm guessing that the closer you get to magic fatigue, your intelligence stat will be negatively effected? Like, that character will struggle to use it, right? Spells would backfire, magic attacks would be weaker, and with healing magic, maybe their healing strength would decrease. That would be why Wisdom is also important.

Gotchu. That makes sense. High intelligence, good. magic control. Low intelligence, poor magic control.

But hey, getting your feedback now, I might make a revision to Kaius's ult.

And I'm guessing that the closer you get to magic fatigue, your intelligence stat will be negatively effected? Like, that character will struggle to use it, right? Spells would backfire, magic attacks would be weaker, and with healing magic, maybe their healing strength would decrease. That would be why Wisdom is also important.
It's not that your stat gets affected, more of a high stakes thing than that, but somewhat along the lines of what you're thinking. Right now, the system is that once you get to a certain number of spell casts, it varies so let's just say eight as an example, you'll be at your magic threshold and going into magic fatigue territory. Let's say you've used eight spells, and going to cast a ninth, you'd have to make saving throw to see if you can maintain consciousness and fight off the fatigue. If you succeed, you're able to cast the spell, but if you fail, you'll fall down unconscious. That's the importance of wisdom. If you're a mage or a character that heavily relies on magic, you'll want a high wisdom because it adds more spells you can do before you enter magic fatigue. As a bonus, magic fatigue is a disadvantage roll at its base, but if you have a negative in strength or dex it'll be a straight roll, and if you have negatives in both it'll be with advantage.

But I don't know if Kumii's worked out how many spells you get before you go into magic fatigue based on wisdom levels yet.

yeah but we're not gonna do the roll checks for stuff outside of combat

But I don't know if Kumii's worked out how many spells you get before you go into magic fatigue based on wisdom levels yet.
On this, I thought of a way but like... that would require levels to be gained so i'm trying to think of a way around this because I was thinking of locking the Ultimate Ability behind a certain Wisdom stat level but there'd no way to gain Wisdom outside of spells, items or abilities.

Okay, I revised Kaius' ultimate to accustom more toward his intelligence rather than magic. I actually don't know if we're allowed to do AC buffs. (this is me now asking, wink wink)

Okay, I revised Kaius' ultimate to accustom more toward his intelligence rather than magic. I actually don't know if we're allowed to do AC buffs. (this is me now asking, wink wink)
You can do AC buffs but it can't go any higher then 20.

Well actually, a few characters have hit modifier buffs but not all of them

Characters with higher ACs are tougher to hit, so a character with a 20 AC would need to be perfectly rolled against to be able to be hit

If a character has a hit modifier, they'd add that number onto their roll and then that would be the hit roll

So, say a character gets a 12 roll but has a +4 to hit. It'd actually be a 16.

Ah, I understand. Hopefully there aren't any bosses with 18+ AC or attack damage 😭

They're either impossible to hit or can one shot your ass 😭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back