• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacies: World at War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Because I also think we should start incorporating a currency for stuff too

Indeed I have.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on my suggestion? It can be either non canon or canon, I'm fine with either but it just gives us something to do while we wait so that this RP doesn't come to grinding halt like it has already

Maybe. I mean I don't really know what Monster Hunter is so you'd have to take the lead on that.

Also, just gonna say that recently I've had a lot less availability than I used to. Nothing bad, in fact it's a lot of good stuff mixed with getting a bit swamped with work, so I wouldn't be able to go rapid fire with replies. It really depends on what I got going on in the week for if I can push out a reply or not.

Maybe. I mean I don't really know what Monster Hunter is so you'd have to take the lead on that.
I planned on it lol
Also, just gonna say that recently I've had a lot less availability than I used to. Nothing bad, in fact it's a lot of good stuff mixed with getting a bit swamped with work, so I wouldn't be able to go rapid fire with replies. It really depends on what I got going on in the week for if I can push out a reply or not.
Thats fine

So do you have a more specific idea?
Well... the monster itself will be a mystery to you (and our characters) until they track it down.

How a monster hunt works in Monster Hunter is you find tracks left behind by the monster (old, recent and new) and, depending on how new the track is, is how close the monster is.

When the hunters find the monster, they engage it and either capture or slay it.

As for how the hunt will start, it'll simply be a flier posted within Luminosa to hunt an unknown species of monster that was seen in the area recently and is wreaking havoc in the local ecological system. An invasive species. There'll be a reward to slay it but an even greater reward if the monster is captured alive and handed over to the proper authorities.

Well... the monster itself will be a mystery to you (and our characters) until they track it down.

How a monster hunt works in Monster Hunter is you find tracks left behind by the monster (old, recent and new) and, depending on how new the track is, is how close the monster is.

When the hunters find the monster, they engage it and either capture or slay it.

As for how the hunt will start, it'll simply be a flier posted within Luminosa to hunt an unknown species of monster that was seen in the area recently and is wreaking havoc in the local ecological system. An invasive species. There'll be a reward to slay it but an even greater reward if the monster is captured alive and handed over to the proper authorities.
That sounds really fun, and it does sound a lot like dnd.

I could totally see Ivan wanting it tracked down to use for parts. Maybe a joint effort by both the Convocation and the Church, the former wanting to hunt it to keep the area safe and the latter wanting it for parts.

That sounds really fun, and it does sound a lot like dnd.

I could totally see Ivan wanting it tracked down to use for parts. Maybe a joint effort by both the Convocation and the Church, the former wanting to hunt it to keep the area safe and the latter wanting it for parts.
We can tie it in to the main story and make it canon. It can definitely make an appearance later on if we do. Either way, it's just a fun little side quest we can have our characters do.

Yeah, definitely sounds fun.
I should also mention that almost every monster in Monster Hunter has an enrage where all of their attacks become more frenzied for like 5 minutes in the game. It's complete chaos during these five minutes lol

But after the enrage ends, they become slowed where their attacks are more infrequent and they catch their breath in a sort of cooldown period.

And some monsters have a powered up phase that empowers their attacks for a short time. There isn't a cooldown period on this except the time between when it can use it again.

I should also mention that almost every monster in Monster Hunter has an enrage where all of their attacks become more frenzied for like 5 minutes in the game. It's complete chaos during these five minutes lol

But after the enrage ends, they become slowed where their attacks are more infrequent and they catch their breath in a sort of cooldown period.
They're all barbarians lol

But anyways, if you wanna go through with this, i'll let you make the next post or I can do a double post and kick things off.

But anyways, if you wanna go through with this, i'll let you make the next post or I can do a double post and kick things off.
I feel like we should make a separate thread for this so the main rp doesn't get clogged up. That way we'll know exactly where we left off when Shark comes back and we don't have to go searching back for it.

I feel like we should make a separate thread for this so the main rp doesn't get clogged up. That way we'll know exactly where we left off when Shark comes back and we don't have to go searching back for it.
Ah yeah, good idea.

I'll get on that

yeah i know the trouble is trying to find a place to pick up. Before or after they got to the secret cabin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back