• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Large Scale Sci-Fi Strategy Idea

(Example of a minor power and smaller nation)

Full Name: The Free States of Ferniod

Shortened Name: The FSF

Capital: Drednard

Primary Climate: Northern Temperate, large amounts of snow and rain annually.

Geography Description: Usually tropical. The Free states consist of the many smaller islands on the Far East and western edges of the world. These islands consists of only small amounts of land for growing but have ample fishing. The main island is the one to the most south west of the map, but trade ports owned by the Free states can be found worldwide.

Cultures you can relate too: Dutch and Caribbean islands.

Head of State: The council of Merchants

Head of Government: Guild Master Akuzbar

Form of Government: Mercantile Confederation/Republic

• Legislative Branch: The Council of Merchants
  • Judicial Branch: The Council
  • Executive Branch: Guild Master Akuzbar

Economic System: Trade

Tax Rate: Merchants 4-6%, Soldiers 10%, Local Inhabitants 25-40%

Population: 13 Million

Major Imports (3): Gold, Exotic/Luxury goods, Mercenaries

Major Exports (3): Various sea products, Captains, Trade goods

Major Crop: Fish

Primary Industry: Trade

Government's Top Priority: Expanding Trade

Religion(s): Salt, God of the Sea. Rakatow, God of Prosperity

Currency: All currencies accepted, The Ferniod Turotua is preferred

Military Structure: Mercenary based land army with a large professional navy and a small air-force

Military Manpower (Keep below 3% in Peace and 15% in war):750,00 total: 50,000 (almost all navy) Peace, 700,000 Available for higher or conscription at any given time

Major Cities: The port cities of Drednard, Gelderlin, and Zeewoll

History: The island of Ferniod had always relied on the sea for its lively hood. As a result Ferniod tended to be the birthplace state of the art ship design and navigation since there official founding three hundreds year ago. While never fighting direct military engagements with any established power, the people of Ferniod spent most of early history as pirate hunters and explorers for other nations. Only recently have mainland merchants moved in and established Ferniod as a central trading hub. Uniting the independent city councils with the promise of gold and profit the merchants set off establishing their rule to almost all nearby islands through economic and military conquest. Now the islands are under the complete control of the merchant guild which has taken over all forms of economic and military control. Recently there has been rumors of a possible resistance of the ex-local authorities to oust the merchants and retake control, but as long as the merchants land based military mercs control the cities the seafaring locals of Ferniods and other island states cannot hope to overthrow them. For now the wealthy profit greatly off trade and labor of their island plantation islands, providing cheap goods for profitable trade. The legacy of the Sea still stands tall with the people of the Freniod Free states and the finest “salted” Navigators and Captains on the high oceans still are available to higher for all nations.

Oh so here is the map so far.
YcVqIxC.png

@Three Clubs let me know if this is NOT what you meant for your geographical claim.

Also YES, my nation "The Vallar Imperium" is the red.

@Coin Yeah, but we haven't started yet. The rulers of the 5 Prime Nations though are taken. You are welcome to join an existing nation in some capacity or another, or be the ruler of a much smaller one.

Thanks, I was wondering if I could make a large corporation instead of a small nation. Perhaps I can speak to someone in PM so I don't cloud up this thread?

Full Name: Seventh Circle Syndicate

Title: Client State of the Vallar Imperium [Permission granted by Maven]

Location: West of the Vallar Imperium mainland. Island called Caelsula

Shortened Name: SCS

Capital: New Crinton

Culture Your Nation Can Relate Too: The Caldari megacorporations from Eve Online, EuroCorp from Syndicate

Primary Climate: Temperate

Geography Description: Much of the land purchased by the Syndicate has been heavily urbanized with factories and cityscapes dotting the landscape.

CEO: Atkin Hale

Employees: ~1.5 million

Major Imports (3): Raw metals, foodstuffs, fuel

Major Exports (3): Firearms, war machines, mercenaries

Primary Industry: Weapons manufacturing and development

Corporation Top Priority: Profit and cooperation with the Vallar Imperium agenda

Religion(s): None

Currency: Krein

Military Structure: Private military. Primarily land troops and naval support craft.

Military Manpower: ~75,000 available operators

Major Cities: New Crinton (Capital), Jericho (SW port), Port Nekwin (NE port island)

History: The Seventh Circle Syndicate, or SCS for short, started out as a mere idea a century ago. The first CEO, Fenton Rochester, started out as a humble arms dealer within the Vallar Imperium but quickly gained notoriety and began to manufacture his own firearms. Fifty years after their founding, they became the main arms supplier to the Imperium, cornering out the arms market in that portion of the globe. Fourty years ago, the Syndicate purchased an island west of the Imperium mainland and declared it as Syndicate property with Vallar allegiance. Since then, the Syndicate’s market continued to grow exponentially and began to focus on military vehicles and training private security forces as well. Today, SCS weapons can be found worldwide but the Vallar Imperium remains the main customer for Syndicate arms and technology.

After talks with @Coin I want everyone to know that this is NOT an independent nation, but rather a Client State or Vassal of the Vallar Imperium which is the nation I lead. Coin's character will run his nation/corporation and sit on the Elder Council in Vallaria. So there is no confusion surrounding him applying for a "nation"

I won't, maybe like the zerg in starcraft, an infestation that travels from kingdom to kingdom, assimilating DNA, growing stronger every time...

Full Name: Primary Hive

Shortened Name: The Corruption

Capital: Nonce

Culture Your Nation Can Relate Too: None

Primary Climate: None

Geography Description: The land has been "corrupted with a strange organic matter that provides nurtients, for example:
Dead-space-extraction--20090316044528957-000.jpg

Population: Unknown

Goal: To corrupt everything that is alive, and inanimate.

Religion(s): None

Military Structure: Uses the bodies of dead creatures to create their soldiers. The DNA is absorbed, and they can turn the creature into a nightmare.

History: The Primary Hive wasn't always like this. Far, far away, an unknown race created a creature that was built to absorb DNA, and spread life to barren planets. This did not happen. The corruption took over the unknown race, and melded the two together. They sent samples of themselves everywhere, across the galaxy and universe.

Sorry I haven't been on lately. I have been busy with figuring out a short film, and trying to arrange dates between my youth orchestra rehearsals and a play, which has had me really stressed. Hopefully I can start paying more attention on this now that those are sorted out.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Okay, I have where I would like my kingdom on the map, and will start developing my kingdom soon. I suggest for the rp, making a roleplay for your kingdom and explaining what it is, and giving this thread as the ooc. For diplomacy, let's try and do PM's, as it will be easier to keep track of.

Taptalk won't let me post the image, so I'll try to describe it. It is the left continent, the upper half, plus the island to the right, and light blue is the color.

Full Name: The Kingdom of Sondheim

Shortened Name: Sondheim

Capital: Kalder

Culture yours can relate too: Um, a bit of Gondor, Rohan, and Skyrim.

Primary Climate: Temperate

Geography Description: Sondheim rests in the upper half of the western continent, and in an island to the right of it. It is most well known for its beautiful sights. Large mountains, rolling hills, and lush forests, as well as a lake. These are just a sample of the things that you will see here. As well it is known for harsh winters. The people of Sondheim can withstand very cold temperatures due to this.

Head of State: Lord Nomad War-Blade

Head of Government: The Council of Zordon

Form of Government: A Kingdom Diplomacy (Working title.) The people can vote on they're mayors, and almost anything. Exceptions to this rule are Yaers (Govenors), which are appointed by the council, unless the lord and the people find the council to be corrupt, in which case the people will vote on a new council, and on any laws that are in they're final stages of becoming laws, those are also left to the council.

* Legislative Branch: The Zordon Senate (This includes the Lord and the Council)

* Judicial Branch: The Court of Zordon

* Executive Branch: The Zordon Enforcement

Economic System: No Classification (I haven't gone over economics, and my Wikipedia app isn't working. I'll try to classify it later.

Tax Rate: Poor- 0% Middle- 10% Rich- 15%

Population: 50 Million

Major Imports (3): Zaarithiin, a metal that is unbreakable and comes in four colors. Blue, Red, White, and Black. It is very valuable and hard to break, also is what most weapons are made of in Sondheim. Entertainment goods (Such as books, movies, games. The Sondolens are very creative.) Weapons. Most Sondolens are well versed in crafting weapons and make great ones.

Major Exports (3): Fuel. (For the most part we are very self reliant, but we really lack fuel.)

Major Crop: Zaarithiin.

Primary Industry: Diplomacy.

Government's Top Priority: Peace, but also being ready to kick someone's butt if they attack us.

Religion(s): Christianity, though other religions are allowed, this is a very Christian country.

Currency: Urit's

Military Structure: Main focus on land power, with medium focus on air and navy.

Military Manpower (Keep below 3% in Peace and 15% in war):

3% would stand at 1,041,200 Total // 430,000 Active // 611,000 Reserve

Major Cities: Kalder (Capital), Zordon (North capital, old grand capital.) Feran (South Capital) Dooran (West Capital) Valog (East Capital) Jargeth (Island Capital)

History: Sondheim was one of the most recent countries formed. While the other countries in the world were all formed and thriving, the land of Sondheim was divided into fifty warring factions, all wishing for the land. They fought endlessly, and seemed of no consequence to any kingdom. After 150 years of fighting, they had exhausted almost every fuel source they had, plunging then back into the Dark Ages. The war didn't stop there. After they recovered and built kingdom's, in fifty years they began warring again. After three hundred years of war, a man named Ronan War-Blade, from Zordon, decided to put a stop to it. He pulled the fifty tribe leaders together and found those that had similar traits to each other and set then together. When all was said and done they had 6 tribes. After a long debate that lasted a year, the tribes managed to elect a leader among them. The tribes United themselves under Ronan War-Blade, and they implemented the Zordon Concordant. It was a decree, that gave rise to the government of Sondheim. Hence why many things are named after Zordon. This was two hundred years ago. Ronan War-Blade was a Christian, and founded the country on Christian ideals. Though the people of Sondheim at the time were not very Christian at all. It was 100 years later when a missionary named George Hasspebring brought the Bible to Sondheim in a widespread revival. The people of Sondheim opened they're hearts to it, and have been followers ever since. Today, Sondheim stands as one of the chief proprietors for peace in the world, knowing all to well the horrors of war, but remain ever weary of its presence, ready to meet it head on if necessary.

Ta-Da! There's my KC. Thoughts? My main concern is that my military is too op, if you guys find it to be, then please let me know.

Note: I am likely to add things to my history as I think more about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your military is OP, not because of the weapons, that was a cool addition actually, but because 15% is unreasonable if you are at war for longer than 2 months. The US in WWII only had 12% and had to resort to "Rosie the Riveter" and Major Rationing to keep the economy semi-balanced. Nazi Germany had 15% and their economy was non-existent in 1945. All nations should aim for peacetime militaries between 1-3% and wartime goals should be 4-8 anything from 9-15% should be absolutely a last resort if large swaths of your nation is being attacked or if you have lost many already.

@ColonelScout312 your military at 3% would stand at 1,041,200 Total // 430,000 Active // 611,000 Reserve

Reserves in times of peace should number less than Active as they would otherwise have to be paid for and upkeep would shoot through the roof.

@Three Clubs your military at 3% would stand at 390,000 Total // 130,000 Active // 260,00 Reserve

My nation at 3% would stand at 1,860,000 Total // 800,000 Active // 1,060,000 Reserve

I am not trying to be nit picking but these are what are deemed reasonable military numbers. I am on a website called Nation States where you make a country and role play that with other people. I have been on there for a couple years now and have the gist of things. A couple guys on there who are DoD people who do that in their spare time came up with a tracker that would allow the nations to have "realistic" sized militaries in proportion to their nation's populations. Hence the 1-3% Peacetime, 4-8% War, and 9-15% Desperation. If this doesn't help then let me know.

I think I'll save the wartime numbers for if and when I ever go to war with someone. Besides the op military though, does it work you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back