• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lakoria High School

Ready for the time skip to the next day?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
GreenEyedStranger said:
I understand that part but even if they talked to the snakes, how would they be 'smart' enough to develop language? I'm just nitpicking though, it honestly doesn't matter
Well I guess maybe it would be because they are always around humans I guess. And they are smart.

OR! It could be their secret animal speak just translated into human speak!

Hi, I want to apologize to all of you. I've seen all the hateful things that you said about me and I really really am sorry that I made you feel that way about me. I never wanted anyone to hate me, and I never felt anything negative about any of you. I already told this to Lotusy but all I wanted to do was be a villain so that everyone in the roleplay could team up against me and we'd all have fun doing it. It was wrong of me to try and control the plot and it was wrong to create such a hateful character. Again, I never expected such a negative response, but I learned from it. I just hope that you can forgive me, it really hurts when people actually lash out at me directly because of my misdirection in roleplay.

Blastcover said:
Name: River Young

Species: Elementel

Year: Freshman

Power: To morph into, morph out of and manipulate water with telekinesis (turns into a puddle when scared)

Personality: Nervous, Friendly, quiet, creative

Sexuality: straight

History: River was adopted at a age younger then he remembers and is being looked after a foster mother. Home schooled, his foster parent decided now River was old enough for high school, River should get out and make some friends instead of staying inside. but because he has little to no interaction to any one but his foster River is not very social. to any one he doesn't know he almost doesn't exists and he is happy keeping it that way, but if you mannage to break the ice he is a great person.

Appearance:
river-jpg.256471

please correct my character. I am new to the site
@Blastcover Hey. This looks good man. I've just got a few small problems.

First off, you forgot the secret word. If you check the rules tab and read through the rules, you should find it :)

Second, and this just a personal thing for me. But could you add a small limit onto the power. Say like he can't create water or something. The limit is up to you. This is just to make sure no one is too Op. If you're can't think of a limit or are really against one because of how your character works, feel free to tell me. I'm sure I can help in some way :)

Hello, friends and neighbors~

I'm just poking my head in to look around and ask if there's space for another member here, and if I could maybe get a rundown of a few recent events?

GingerBread said:
@Blastcover Hey. This looks good man. I've just got a few small problems.
First off, you forgot the secret word. If you check the rules tab and read through the rules, you should find it :)

Second, and this just a personal thing for me. But could you add a small limit onto the power. Say like he can't create water or something. The limit is up to you. This is just to make sure no one is too Op. If you're can't think of a limit or are really against one because of how your character works, feel free to tell me. I'm sure I can help in some way :)
yeah he can't create water (other then turning himself into water) also fixed the other issue

Blastcover said:
yeah he can't create water (other then turning himself into water) also fixed the other issue
Yeah. just one more thing. It looks like your character is quite shy. Now the people I've seen in the past tend to end up not getting in many interactions and then fade away. So just a warning about that, Since most peoples are in an interaction and currently can't come up to your character. So this could be a problem, but again, just a warning thing.

But accepted, none the less. If you have any issues, feel free to talk to me or any of the other admins. :)

[QUOTE="Prizzy Kriyze]Hello, friends and neighbors~
I'm just poking my head in to look around and ask if there's space for another member here, and if I could maybe get a rundown of a few recent events?

[/QUOTE]
Hello! There's plenty of space here if you want to join.

So far nothing really big is happening that you'd need to know about to join in. Right now some of the people are at a museum and were meant to be raiding and stealing from it, but stuff never turns out the way we think :P

But yeah, if you want to join just make a Character sheet and me or one of the other admins will check it out and accept it. Make sure to check the rules for the secret word

Last edited by a moderator:
GingerBread said:
Yeah. just one more thing. It looks like your character is quite shy. Now the people I've seen in the past tend to end up not getting in many interactions and then fade away. So just a warning about that, Since most peoples are in an interaction and currently can't come up to your character. So this could be a problem, but again, just a warning thing.
But accepted, none the less. If you have any issues, feel free to talk to me or any of the other admins. :)

So far nothing really big is happening that you'd need to know about to join in. Right now some of the people are at a museum and were meant to be raiding and stealing from it, but stuff never turns out the way we think :P

But yeah, if you want to join just make a Character sheet and me or one of the other admins will check it out and accept it. Make sure to check the rules for the secret word
Fantastic, I'll get started on it right away.

GingerBread said:

Actually, while I'm at it, I have a question. While it might be my own fault for not going through the OOC and seeing if people have been rejected due to things like this, but there seems to be godlike characters around. Some of those it seems like they couldn't feasibly be only 14-18, so I'm wondering, if the character is of another species, does the 14-18 age rule NECESSARILY apply? I'm still going to play the character as if it was 14-18, though.

[QUOTE="Prizzy Kriyze]Actually, while I'm at it, I have a question. While it might be my own fault for not going through the OOC and seeing if people have been rejected due to things like this, but there seems to be godlike characters around. Some of those it seems like they couldn't feasibly be only 14-18, so I'm wondering, if the character is of another species, does the 14-18 age rule NECESSARILY apply? I'm still going to play the character as if it was 14-18, though.

[/QUOTE]
Well, according to the rules, they're supposed to be, but before I was instated as co-owner, a lot of people just metaphorically screwed that limit over and made immortal gods in the form of teenagers. I'd allow it, but it wouldn't be a preference. After all, we have had a problem with a certain ancient campire with a superiority complex...

That being said, feel free to take creative spins on things. One character, Columbus, is a zombie who's technically older than everyone by a few centuries, but he died you and doesn't act like an arse to everyone, so he's a cool cat.

Lotusy said:
Well, according to the rules, they're supposed to be, but before I was instated as co-owner, a lot of people just metaphorically screwed that limit over and made immortal gods in the form of teenagers. I'd allow it, but it wouldn't be a preference. After all, we have had a problem with a certain ancient campire with a superiority complex...
That being said, feel free to take creative spins on things. One character, Columbus, is a zombie who's technically older than everyone by a few centuries, but he died you and doesn't act like an arse to everyone, so he's a cool cat.
Hey, universal rule no.1: Don't be an asshole and everything should be fine.

I'll do my best ^^

@Prizzy Kriyze Hey man, just finished reading your character sheet. I like the look of him quite a bit. So good job on that. However, I would like to ask if you could rethink the weakness for his ability's. You have that it is hard to control. I have seen this "weakness" used far to many times where it is to convenient for the player. So it "randomly" comes out when it is best for your character to look bad ass and helpless in a fight. making it so the user controls it. To stop future conflicts between users I would appreciate it if you could rethink this weakness. Once this is solved you should be good to go as long as another admin does not complain :D

metalcity said:
@Prizzy Kriyze Hey man, just finished reading your character sheet. I like the look of him quite a bit. So good job on that. However, I would like to ask if you could rethink the weakness for his ability's. You have that it is hard to control. I have seen this "weakness" used far to many times where it is to convenient for the player. So it "randomly" comes out when it is best for your character to look bad ass and helpless in a fight. making it so the user controls it. To stop future conflicts between users I would appreciate it if you could rethink this weakness. Once this is solved you should be good to go as long as another admin does not complain :D
Oh, I know. I suppose I'm in a portion of RPN where I haven't built enough confidence to pull something like that, but for what it's worth I'm not (currently) interested in being particularly badass with Zera. In fact, the reason I made this the weakness is because I got plenty of images in my head of him spontaneously combusting during casual conversation, failing to notice it, etc... and having a constant battle with his abilities to not have to get new clothes every other day. More for fun, than anything.

I hoped to be playing him as an adorable asshat, who people will regularly laugh at because he's such shit at accomplishing the most simple of tasks with his abilities, but still being "innocent" and kind enough that people dig them.

... and frankly, just getting back through the pages to him, don't you think there's already plenty of people on par or stronger than him without any drawbacks at all? Sure, he's a seraph, and because I'm a total bitch for their design I had to describe them as awesome, but as far as Seraphim goes, he's at the level of a fetus. I mean if you really want me to figure out a real impeding drawback to apply, I can do that. I'm just wondering if it's really necessary in comparison to the other characters.

(Oh yes I also have a quick question because I am very tired and omgdontmakemelookforitmyself. Is there another active character with fire manipulation?)

[QUOTE="Prizzy Kriyze]Oh, I know. I suppose I'm in a portion of RPN where I haven't built enough confidence to pull something like that, but for what it's worth I'm not (currently) interested in being particularly badass with Zera. In fact, the reason I made this the weakness is because I got plenty of images in my head of him spontaneously combusting during casual conversation, failing to notice it, etc... and having a constant battle with his abilities to not have to get new clothes every other day. More for fun, than anything.
I hoped to be playing him as an adorable asshat, who people will regularly laugh at because he's such shit at accomplishing the most simple of tasks with his abilities, but still being "innocent" and kind enough that people dig them.

... and frankly, just getting back through the pages to him, don't you think there's already plenty of people on par or stronger than him without any drawbacks at all? Sure, he's a seraph, and because I'm a total bitch for their design I had to describe them as awesome, but as far as Seraphim goes, he's at the level of a fetus. I mean if you really want me to figure out a real impeding drawback to apply, I can do that. I'm just wondering if it's really necessary in comparison to the other characters.

[/QUOTE]
Cool, I was tempted to put "like he wouldn't just explode in conversation" but if that is what you plan on doing I am excited. I was using personal experience with my issue. But if you plan on using it for no reason and for crack posts, you will fit in very well here. I think you are accepted. i don't believe any of the other admins have a issue. I say you can leave it as it is.

[QUOTE="Prizzy Kriyze](Oh yes I also have a quick question because I am very tired and omgdontmakemelookforitmyself. Is there another active character with fire manipulation?)

[/QUOTE]
The two characters that had those powers are no longer here. Rip the ship.

So I believe you are accepted, welcome to the club of crack posts. We have blackjack and hookers, feel free to grab a cookie on your entrance.

(yay my first job as a admin :D )

metalcity said:
"like he wouldn't just explode in conversation"
AHAHA

You underestimate me mortal™

And don't worry about it, I'd definitely be split about someone using the same excuse I just did as well. I'm just hoping I won't fail you now! ;^;

metalcity said:
The two characters that had those powers are no longer here. Rip the ship.
Shit. Who's going to be his frustrated mentor now when he keeps putting the curtains on the other side of campus ablaze whenever he tries to light a candle?

metalcity said:
We have blackjack and hookers, feel free to grab a cookie on your entrance.
Hey sweet! I'll bring the sleeping problems and vicious social rampages at 2AM in the morning :D

I'm not kidding though. If anyone has an idea for someone who'd be willing to try to keep him practicing until he can properly light candles without burning everything down, who'd have some funny reactions to his infuriating ineptness, speak up!

I'll be posting tomorrow, I want the other mods/admins to plop in and have the opportunity to tell me if they've got a problem with my character first, and on top of that I need someone to explain to me what's going on ATM, and how I can best enter the RP from here.

[QUOTE="Prizzy Kriyze]I'll be posting tomorrow, I want the other mods/admins to plop in and have the opportunity to tell me if they've got a problem with my character first, and on top of that I need someone to explain to me what's going on ATM, and how I can best enter the RP from here.

[/QUOTE]
Well alright, I guess I'll have a crack at it. I was supposed to, anyways.

First off, we've got the "uncontrolled powers" thing out of the way, so that's good.

Second off, though, I'd just like to take a look at this.

"His body is both much stronger and tougher than that of an ordinary human, and regenerates at an incredible rate. His immune system suppresses nearly any poisons or diseases that are lethal to ordinary mortals, and his keen senses pick up much more than that of the average person, but isn't so amazing that it's deemed superhuman."

Thing is, I'm not so sure about this one. You say he's not superhuman, but based on the sound of it, he really is. I mean, the incredible rate or regeneration and immunity to any and all poisons or diseases is a bit of a stretch. I'm fine with him having fire manipulation, but this angelic build is a bit too much. I mean, if you want it, you can have it, but it'll be one or the other. I saw what you said about people on par with his powers, but here's the deal: After my instatement, I've tried my best to limit powers on almost all characters. All overpowered mech-suit guys are gone, and I'm doing my best to control whoever's here. I do love your idea of fire manipulation and your plans for it, but maybe that's all he has? (The other part where he powers up is fine, too.)

Also, just as a reminder, but I felt like I finally needed to add a disclaimer here. As Metal said, we're a crackpost-y bunch, but I'd like to elaborate on that. You see, while we're a high school, we're absolutely bonkers. I don't think any of the characters are serious enough to train your angel, but instead, we'll all be screaming and running as he burns down the building, you dig? :) I'm sure your character will improve with his fire skills, but be prepared for more situational humor than anything else - that is to say, be prepared to run from a crazy shrooms scientist or even fellow students. We've had stuff like zombies defying physics with toast, talking snakes on an alledged drug-lord gorgon, crazy pigeons, and more! I hope you'll enjoy your time here!

With that being said, let me give you a basic run-down of what's going on right now. Currently, my character Jay and Loki's character Columbus are burying Columbus's dead sister, while Columbus has some (very rare) character development. Pretty solemn and stuff. Pluto and Nyx, by Squid and Ginger respectively, have just robbed a pet shop and are arguing over whether or not Nyx gets to skin Narupo, Pluto's new lizard. Aptual and Dom, by Metal and Rex, are currently eating and having a cute moment, and that's it! Make sure to ask anyone before entering, and have fun!

Lotusy said:
Well alright, I guess I'll have a crack at it. I was supposed to, anyways.
First off, we've got the "uncontrolled powers" thing out of the way, so that's good.

Second off, though, I'd just like to take a look at this.

"His body is both much stronger and tougher than that of an ordinary human, and regenerates at an incredible rate. His immune system suppresses nearly any poisons or diseases that are lethal to ordinary mortals, and his keen senses pick up much more than that of the average person, but isn't so amazing that it's deemed superhuman."

Thing is, I'm not so sure about this one. You say he's not superhuman, but based on the sound of it, he really is. I mean, the incredible rate or regeneration and immunity to any and all poisons or diseases is a bit of a stretch. I'm fine with him having fire manipulation, but this angelic build is a bit too much. I mean, if you want it, you can have it, but it'll be one or the other. I saw what you said about people on par with his powers, but here's the deal: After my instatement, I've tried my best to limit powers on almost all characters. All overpowered mech-suit guys are gone, and I'm doing my best to control whoever's here. I do love your idea of fire manipulation and your plans for it, but maybe that's all he has? (The other part where he powers up is fine, too.)

Also, just as a reminder, but I felt like I finally needed to add a disclaimer here. As Metal said, we're a crackpost-y bunch, but I'd like to elaborate on that. You see, while we're a high school, we're absolutely bonkers. I don't think any of the characters are serious enough to train your angel, but instead, we'll all be screaming and running as he burns down the building, you dig? :) I'm sure your character will improve with his fire skills, but be prepared for more situational humor than anything else - that is to say, be prepared to run from a crazy shrooms scientist or even fellow students. We've had stuff like zombies defying physics with toast, talking snakes on an alledged drug-lord gorgon, crazy pigeons, and more! I hope you'll enjoy your time here!

With that being said, let me give you a basic run-down of what's going on right now. Currently, my character Jay and Loki's character Columbus are burying Columbus's dead sister, while Columbus has some (very rare) character development. Pretty solemn and stuff. Pluto and Nyx, by Squid and Ginger respectively, have just robbed a pet shop and are arguing over whether or not Nyx gets to skin Narupo, Pluto's new lizard. Aptual and Dom, by Metal and Rex, are currently eating and having a cute moment, and that's it! Make sure to ask anyone before entering, and have fun!
Actually, the thing about him not being superhuman was in reference to his senses, and not his body (I very much intended for that to be superhuman.). Once more, I'm going to beg for my... err... powers?

Without fire, I'm going to lose 50% of the slapstick humor, since spontaneous combustion is out of the picture. No more getting his nerves wrecked while holding a fluffy kitten and praying he won't set it on fire.

Without the Angelic body, he'll die. I'm going to want to light him on fire, and then he'll probably jump out a window and break his face on the pavement. Or boast about his badassitude in front of some large enemy, then proceed to get his ass kicked over into the next week.

You know, considering what I just said, could it be enough if I just removed the strength?

@Lotusy[/URL] was dealing with this, but I want people to hear my opinion :P But just bear in mind what I say may be completely wrong. So Lotusy will have the final say.

But I think, getting rid of the superhuman strength is good. But what about just making him more resistant to fire or something? Because there really aren't that many fights in this whole thing (Unless you run into Nyx) that you'd have to worry about him getting hurt unless it was by your own doing (And with the whole throwing people out of windows thing, if they don't get hurt, I think it makes it less funny. But Idk)

Like on your Cs it say:

@metalcity[/URL] and @Lotusy have said before me, we're not a serious bunch. So you won't have a high chance of finding a really dangerous fight.

But final say goes to Lotusy anyway. I hope this all made sense :) I know I've rambled quite a bit here and I'm too tired to proofread right now :P

GingerBread said:
Right, I know @Lotusy was dealing with this, but I want people to hear my opinion :P But just bear in mind what I say may be completely wrong. So Lotusy will have the final say.
But I think, getting rid of the superhuman strength is good. But what about just making him more resistant to fire or something? Because there really aren't that many fights in this whole thing (Unless you run into Nyx) that you'd have to worry about him getting hurt unless it was by your own doing (And with the whole throwing people out of windows thing, if they don't get hurt, I think it makes it less funny. But Idk)

Like on your Cs it say:

Now, I play a Vampire (Well half vampire but details, details :P ) and by all Logic surrounding them, he should be able to regenerate wounds and crap easily, as well as fight off poisons and things like that. And sometimes he doesn't get affected by Poison, and sometimes he will. And he does get quite battered in a fight, which is fine by me.

So with that in mind, I feel like I have some expertise in this whole thing :P But really, you don't need your character to be that tough, not to a superhuman level (Except maybe by fire) Because it's not really necessary in this Rp. Now yeah, there used to be a lot more fighting, and sometimes there still is. But you don't need your character to be that resistant to damage and if your character does get seriously battered, you can just have them take a trip to the infirmary or find another character who can heal people.

So Final point, because I've rambled enough here. Is you don't need to have him be that resistant to damage at any point in this Rp really, except again, maybe fire. But nothing else really. Like @metalcity and @Lotusy have said before me, we're not a serious bunch. So you won't have a high chance of finding a really dangerous fight.

But final say goes to Lotusy anyway. I hope this all made sense :) I know I've rambled quite a bit here and I'm too tired to proofread right now :P
Perhaps I overstated how resistant he is, then. Would it be alright for a minor thing like that? Like the window scenario, he'll be able to survive a fall at his own maximum velocity (humans can too, but I'm thinking that he won't have to spend a month or more in intensive care), but he'll definitely be lying on the ground for the better part of fifteen minutes moaning in pain. And, though I wrote incredible, I meant that he could recover overday. I want him to be clumsy, but I don't want that to put him out of comission for days at a time.

Does that sound like something that'd work? (Including the minor resistance to heat, so he won't die from that either.)

[QUOTE="Prizzy Kriyze]Actually, the thing about him not being superhuman was in reference to his senses, and not his body (I very much intended for that to be superhuman.). Once more, I'm going to beg for my... err... powers?
Without fire, I'm going to lose 50% of the slapstick humor, since spontaneous combustion is out of the picture. No more getting his nerves wrecked while holding a fluffy kitten and praying he won't set it on fire.

Without the Angelic body, he'll die. I'm going to want to light him on fire, and then he'll probably jump out a window and break his face on the pavement. Or boast about his badassitude in front of some large enemy, then proceed to get his ass kicked over into the next week.

You know, considering what I just said, could it be enough if I just removed the strength?

[/QUOTE]
While I understand that you need the fire power, I don't think he'll necessarily die. You see, I think he problem is that you're set on these scenes with your character in certain situations. However, in a group RP like this, you have to be flexible. Sometimes, that one scene won't happen, but if you're so dead set on writing it out, you'll be missin out on the other interactions with RPers. If you're intending on writing that scene, it would be better to write a book, than RPing with other people. While I do like the idea of your character setting himself on fire and screaming, and while I think it's funny, it's missing the whole point of an RP. You don't need to plan out scenes, instead, work with other people to write a great story.

Like I said, though, angelic build won't fly. He doesn't necessarily need to set himself on fire, and, like I said, that scene doesn't need to happen to the T. If he does set himself on fire, we have many other safety sources available, for example, my character, who's a healer. Please just go with fire.

[QUOTE="Prizzy Kriyze]Perhaps I overstated how resistant he is, then. Would it be alright for a minor thing like that? Like the window scenario, he'll be able to survive a fall at his own maximum velocity (humans can too, but I'm thinking that he won't have to spend a month or more in intensive care), but he'll definitely be lying on the ground for the better part of fifteen minutes moaning in pain. And, though I wrote incredible, I meant that he could recover overday. I want him to be clumsy, but I don't want that to put him out of commission for days at a time.
Does that sound like something that'd work? (Including the minor resistance to heat, so he won't die from that either.)

[/QUOTE]
See now if he can survive it, I don't see a reason for him to have these healing powers. For a couple of reasons, but they're minor and I'm lazy. And you wouldn't have to have him out of commission for a day or anything like that at all. The school does have an infirmary, so you could have your character get well acquainted with them. For the most part, since this is a fantasy setting as long as you give a explanation, it should be fine.

Like for example, you could have him drag himself over to the nurses the first couple of times he throws himself out of a window and then make it so he gets to know them well enough that they'll actually keep an eye out for him and get there quicker. My main point really is the fact that, you don't need him to have the healing ability. And Lotusy has said that it's a bit much. And we have been trying to Limit powers more lately, since when there were Op people with a lot of powers, Things got out of hand quickly.

I'd personally be fine with him being able to survive fall off of a building. Since some characters already have. We're actually really flexible with what people can and can't survive. Of course this doesn't mean that you should always throw your character off of building. But if you do it rarely, it'd be fine. I'm fairly certain that no one would mind.

Lotusy said:
While I understand that you need the fire power, I don't think he'll necessarily die. You see, I think he problem is that you're set on these scenes with your character in certain situations. However, in a group RP like this, you have to be flexible. Sometimes, that one scene won't happen, but if you're so dead set on writing it out, you'll be missin out on the other interactions with RPers. If you're intending on writing that scene, it would be better to write a book, than RPing with other people. While I do like the idea of your character setting himself on fire and screaming, and while I think it's funny, it's missing the whole point of an RP. You don't need to plan out scenes, instead, work with other people to write a great story.
Like I said, though, angelic build won't fly. He doesn't necessarily need to set himself on fire, and, like I said, that scene doesn't need to happen to the T. If he does set himself on fire, we have many other safety sources available, for example, my character, who's a healer. Please just go with fire.
Fair enough, but don't assume that just because I repeat examples I'm set on certain scenes. That would essentially ruin the entire point of making a character.

I've already made some modifications, tell me if there's anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back