Keychain of Creation

Okay, in #29, did anyone else have a bit of trouble following who was speaking in panels 4 and 6? I get the joke, but the first time through I wasn't certain if Ten Winds was speaking or if Misho was.

And don't put a rating system if you don't have to. If you have to, just try to make it unobtrusive.

*nodnods*

Some people are just born old and grouchy...   :D

While others die young at heart.

Haku said:
*nodnods*
Some people are just born old and grouchy...   :D

While others die young at heart.
And some just plain die. Due to, you know, being stabbed.

And I too had trouble with the text in #29. Maybe when you do that sort of layout in the future you could connect the balloons together? If overlap becomes a problem then just have the connecting bit go under the balloon.

Also, Dodge Charms really are the answer to everything. Everything.

I was kinda distracted when I finished off that comic, I must admit. I'll fix it and re-upload it this evening, it's no problem.

Bah. Several years ago I was told that I sound 28, and since then I started obsessing over sounding my age... and now I guess I sound much younger since I was told I sound 16. That would have been correct 4 years ago...

Bah. Several years ago I was told that I sound 28
That's a very specific age to sound. This person must have had some finely tuned eardrums.

I look, act, and sound pretty young it seems.  Some adults go bug-eyed when I say "I am 19 and an undeclared engineering student!"

And update.  Everything is set up for the costume, but right now, it's in a box, just in case we have to run like hell (I live in San Diego).  Including make-up and temporary hair dye.  We probably won't have to, but I am still dressing up for Halloween for it.  I did send a pair of 'costume without trappings' pictures to Jukashi too.  Was going to keep it a secret, but went 'oh, why not?'

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b389/ ... 0_0138.jpg

That's the one of the two that I like the most, since it's hiding the bra strap and it makes me actually think of Secret.

First off, I really like the top panel of comic 30.

However (and this is meant only to be constructive criticism, as I love the strip), I feel like the story has been moving forward by inches for the past few weeks. The pace used to be snappier.

Huh. And here was me thinking I might be moving too quick! I was worried about making the trip through the Manse seem too short. Well, don't worry. It's going to commence moving faster soon enough.

... After the next update, which will be halloween filler. :P

Take my opinions with a grain of salt. They might not represent the majority view.

Also, I have a question: Was that manse built on an angle? It seems awfully skewed from the outside, but all the floors and walls inside seem perfectly level ;)

Flagg said:
Also, I have a question: Was that manse built on an angle? It seems awfully skewed from the outside, but all the floors and walls inside seem perfectly level ;)
Well, it depends on the camera angle. In a simplistic art style, viewing something at a skewed angle from directly along the direction of the scew will make it look level. And of course, it was a manse designed to hang around in the air. Assuming the possibility of high winds, flight system malfunctions and so forth, a system that keeps the internal floors level - especially in a setting where there are Manses whose internal floors resemble a magic eye picture - is quite feasible. And this effect would increase as you approach the more inhabited/central areas of the Manse, as it has done.

None of this applies here, of course. It's just partly me trying to keep the layout simple and partly me not bothering to customise the characters for every crazy angle they would stand at. :P

Ten Winds = a certain cool shinigami captain

Misho = Kenshin

Secret = Uchiha Slut-uke... erm... Sasuke

Marena = some ninja I should know...

Marena's is the one that's hard to get. Hint: her costume's not from an anime/manga like the others are.

AstraKiseki said:
Ninetails, from Okami?
That's... hm. Can we accept that?

*ding!*

Accepted! You're broadly correct. More specifically, it's Rao. But it means much the same thing with the mask in the equation.

Jukashi said:
AstraKiseki said:
Ninetails, from Okami?
That's... hm. Can we accept that?

*ding!*

Accepted! You're broadly correct. More specifically, it's Rao. But it means much the same thing with the mask in the equation.
Well, I went Ninetails because she had the fox mask in hand.

But still, one busty babe for another.

And I really need to play that game.  T_T  I have been wanting to, but I am poor.  Maybe for Christmas.

Haku said:
Misho = Kenshin

Kenshin was the most obvious to me.

Since I was on the Kenshin kick, I figured Ten Winds was Kenshin's master (name doesn't come to me).

No idea about the other two, but I assumed that Marena's spirit animal was fox anyway.

Yakumo said:
Haku said:
Misho = Kenshin

Kenshin was the most obvious to me.

Since I was on the Kenshin kick, I figured Ten Winds was Kenshin's master (name doesn't come to me).

No idea about the other two, but I assumed that Marena's spirit animal was fox anyway.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunsui_Ky ... h_Division

^_^

As the news post says, I didn't manage to finish this one in time, since my monitor at home was acting up. But, again as indicated in the news post, I will finish it when I get home from work.

Hopefully this segment of the comic is enough to not count as a real failed update, thus keeping my record somewhat clean. It was either that or post the comic in "glorious sketch-o-vision". :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back