Keychain of Creation

What the hell, Flagg? The auto-uploader jibba jabba thingamajig broke. Where's my #20? I demand refund!

Looks like the updat-or didn't move the comic into the right folder. That's wierd. Sadly, I can't do anything about it until I get home from work, so... Flagg?

I've been running updates on the server, and (very oddly) the "mv" command, which I use to move the files itself was moved. WTF?

In any case: Fixed.

Yes, her first fight against her confidence issue.

Next thing we know, she'll be the next Quincy of Exalted. Or the stick figure version of Discipline. Only cute and adorable. ^_^

I like Secret, but I doubt any Abyssal will take Disciple's place in my mind for black humor and wit. Day as Dark as Night and some well run games with him in it come to mind.

dmoonfire said:
No ruins for those who don't wake up early. I mean, its almost 8 my time. :P
The comic is uploaded 12 a.m. Eastern Time. So I can check Friday's issue... on Thursday. And Monday's... on Sunday. Fear my time-bending Internet powers.

Or you could stay up late like me and check the site before you go to bed.

dmoonfire said:
No ruins for those who don't wake up early. I mean' date=' its almost 8 my time. :P [/quote']
The comic is uploaded 12 a.m. Eastern Time. So I can check Friday's issue... on Thursday. And Monday's... on Sunday. Fear my time-bending Internet powers.

Or you could stay up late like me and check the site before you go to bed.
Hence why my comic is updated at Thursday midnight UTC. Which comes out to 6 pm on Wed. :) Timezones are a killer, but I'd say give people at least 24 hours to get around the globe before giving away spoilers?

As for staying up late, I can't. I have this thing called a wife and the wifetype sez I go to be at 22:00, no matter what I want. Otherwise, I stay up way too late at night and get cranky. And being cranky at the wifetype... well, let's say she names her hammers. All 20 of them.

I hate to be the continuing bearer of bad news, but when I go to the Keychain website, I don't actually see a comic. There's the page with all the links but in the upper left hand corner there's a little white box with a red "X" in it and Comic 20 next to it.

I am going to look into getting the IE 7 update but I did want to let you know......

Vanman said:
I hate to be the continuing bearer of bad news, but when I go to the Keychain website, I don't actually see a comic. There's the page with all the links but in the upper left hand corner there's a little white box with a red "X" in it and Comic 20 next to it.
You're browser is smoking drugs.

Flagg said:
Vanman said:
You're browser is smoking drugs.
That may be but it doesn't change the fact that I can't see the comic on my computer......

It must be IE 6. One good thing came of this, at least. Firefox is now installed on my system. And I can read the comic. Woo hoo!

But that doesn't change the fact that I can't read the comic with IE 6.

Vanman said:
It must be IE 6. One good thing came of this, at least. Firefox is now installed on my system. And I can read the comic. Woo hoo!
But that doesn't change the fact that I can't read the comic with IE 6.
You could clear your cache and cookies? or set it to clear your temporary files whenever you close browser in advanced tab, and make sure that in the general tab (temp internet files settings), to set it to check every visit to the page for stored pages.

In all seriousness, Van, I'm pretty sure it's just your browser -- and by that I don't mean IE 6, I mean YOUR browser.

As far as I can tell, the code for the most recent page is functionally identical to the code for the older pages (which presumably you CAN see).

I echo Haku's suggestion to delete your Temporary Internet Files and restart IE --- wait, fuck that. Just keep using Firefox.

Hmmm.  When I first went to see the latest comic, I had the same problem seeing it.  Now, I don't.  I guess my server was having a bad day.

Well, clearing the temporary internet files seemed to have fixed the problem. When I went back on IE to view the page after I did that, the page displayed just fine. Not that it matters - I now have Firefox and will continue to use it - but I just wanted to thank both the Haku and Flagg for their help. Much appreciated, amigos.

When someone gets it again, try doing a refresh cache (shift-click the reload button or shift-F5, I forget), and see if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back