Keychain #276 - 280

So...adorableness appears to be a general trait of Lunars, I've noticed, no matter what type of critter they align themselves with.

Fury has one heck of a good Valor...and, it seems, confidence that her boss is a good (evil...er, you know what I mean) one. I don't know enough about Exalted to know whether that trust is misplaced, but I do quite like her!

Oh, FAFL's not a terrible boss, as Deathlords go, as long as you don't mind that he can't seem to get out of the "You're in the ARMY NOW" mentality.

So, Ben's Midnight, Flame's Daybreak, Sights is Day.

So which are Third Man and Face? I'm assuming Dusk and Moonshadow respectively, but is it the other way around?

Also, is Third Man supposed to be an deathknight tribute to Man-At-Arms?

zerotkatama said:
So, Ben's Midnight, Flame's Daybreak, Sights is Day.
So which are Third Man and Face? I'm assuming Dusk and Moonshadow respectively, but is it the other way around?
Sights is Moonshadow, Face is Day.

Also, is Third Man supposed to be an deathknight tribute to Man-At-Arms?
WHAT NO RIDICULOUS

HA HA HA

krrackknut said:
A good thing. Definitely a good thing.
Fury is a adorable, in a vicious way.
I agree wholeheartedly. I hope we see more of her in the future.

And of the others as well, though mostly Fury.

Sights seems pretty awesome. Clearly Jukashi needs to start a spinoff featuring Secret and Sights' misadventures.

Quchu said:
Sights seems pretty awesome. Clearly Jukashi needs to start a spinoff featuring Secret and Sights' misadventures.
Not to bring logic in a series with Beats of Resplendent liquid in it, but don't Secret and Sights come from different Deathlords?

Jimborg said:
Quchu said:
Not to bring logic in a series with Beats of Resplendent liquid in it, but don't Secret and Sights come from different Deathlords?
That's why they are misadventures and not adventures.

Is that little dragon thingy in the last panel just something on the wall or like a "to be continued" or "and now we move onto stuff going on elsewhere" sort of nifty thing?

Tsuranis said:
I've suddenly realised that I don't actually understand why a Deathlord wants the keys...
Falafel wants the keys so he can get out of his armor and do the sideways mambo with Princess Magnificent.

When only the adorable-yet-most-likely-battlecrazy Lunar looks happy about a development, this may not be a Good Thing for our antagonist-protagonists...

...on the other hand, she might just still be happy that she gets to play with her skeleton.

Kyeudo said:
Tsuranis said:
I've suddenly realised that I don't actually understand why a Deathlord wants the keys...
Falafel wants the keys so he can get out of his armor and do the sideways mambo with Princess Magnificent.
Sideways!? This is Exalted!

Leave your puny three-dimensional thinking behind.

I'm sure he doesn't just want the keys to get out of his armor...but also to open her heart to him, since Princess Magnificent seems...less than interested in First and Forsaken Angst Monkey.

I'm sure he doesn't just want the keys to get out of his armor...but also to open her heart to him' date=' since Princess Magnificent seems...less than interested in First and Forsaken Angst Monkey.[/quote']
That' be a trick. Not even the Keys of Creation can bypass perfect mental defenses, and I'd bet she has a few.

Obviously, he is going to release Malfeas. Then Ligier will forge him into an golem/demon/ghost...thing...empowered by the Primordials and set him up to rule Creation while they play their games, as reward.

I figured FaFL was going to release the lock between him and his Neverborn masters and probably kill them in spite. And then release the conditions of being a ghost and rule the world as some kind of a beyond-god-thing.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Not even the Keys of Creation can bypass perfect mental defenses, and I'd bet she has a few.
Theoretically, the power available to the Keys is not a form of attack, and therefore mental defenses are inapplicable. This is of course extremely dubious in the same manner as other "perfect bypass"ers, and I probably wouldn't allow it myself in a game.

On the other hand, the capacity of all five Keys together is immense and effectively without limit, as it should be. If we speak again in theory, all five Keys together could "unlock" a person's soul from their body, leaving it a blank husk but still alive. If they can unlock, they can lock; so the Lion could use the Keys to take a soul out of a body, then unbind Princess from the Neverborn and lock her into the new body, essentially bringing her back to life. This is a violation of the "no resurrection" rule in the same way that a primordial should hypothetically be able to take a ghost and just shove them into a new body made fresh from scratch. i.e. it would work but have terrible consequences and/or take an entire set of stories to lead up to.

He could then almost kill her and give her Abyssal Exaltation, if he wanted. There's lots of ways he can use the Keys to score points with her. And there's lots of other things he can use the Keys for, if he had all of them - unbind himself from his armour, unbind the neverborn from their almost-death, unbind a god from the Mandate of Heaven, unbind Creation from its contact with the Wyld. The God of Locks was essentially something like a shinma, and putting his magic into the Keys made it more powerful. Five magical materials, resonance with the Incarna, Solar authority, concentrated metaphysical yadda yadda. Misho and the other Key holders put a lot of resources into keeping an eye on the lost pieces. The Key holders themselves received special privileges from the Solar Deliberative and Heaven, so that they could be better protected. Even now with Nemen Yi, part of the reason she can be an "blunt" Sidereal is because she has certain extra bureaucratic shields. All for a reason.

This being Exalted, I decided to pull out all the stops on my mcguffins, you see. Someone getting all of them is bad news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back