• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Isle of Mist

As the vampire sang he felt his fears of the demon flee. Maybe it was that he hadn't sang in so long, maybe it was how he was singing with, maybe it was that this place felt safe. Whatever it was, Davorin's voice showed this. @Crystal Cali @SinningSloth

As Liz finished the song, she looks over to Davorin with a smile. "You sing well, love. Up for another, or would ye rather do something else?"

@SirGrey

Raina would move her face close enough that her nose would brush up against Will's. "No. It is a different worry each time, Melamin, not even I can explain," her voice had less of a joking tone than before, but she still said it with a lighthearted spirit.

@ThatOneLunatic

He smirked and moved his lips to her and kissed her softly before pulling away and saying "Remember. I'm a noble warrior." Chuckling referring to the joke he made what seemed like forever ago @Crystal Cali

Raina smiles, and would move her hand to stroke Will's cheek. "Uma. Just be careful, Melamin," she says softly. Raina was still worried about how the fight between Will and his brother would go, but she was comforted by the fact that he was back to his old self. @ThatOneLunatic

"Perhaps another time, I feel like we should be going" Davorin said as he jumped of the stage. Walking to the door he looked back and says "You do know I can only sing as well as musicians" Looking outside he see things are relativity peaceful. @Crystal Cali

SirGrey said:
"Perhaps another time, I feel like we should be going" Davorin said as he jumped of the stage. Walking to the door he looked back and says "You do know I can only sing as well as musicians" Looking outside he see things are relativity peaceful. @Crystal Cali
Liz blushes and hops off the stage after Davorin. "Where to then?"

ThatOneLunatic said:
He smiled "I wont be leaving you anytime soon. Afterall we arent even married." He chuckled @Crystal Cali
Raina's face turns a bright pink. "What does... that... have to do with the current subject," she says, clearly flustered.

"I do need to go back to home, run some test on the residue of our ghostly friend" Davorin says checking it was still in his jacket pocket. Thankfully it was. "You don't have to accompany of course, if you have something else to do, though it might interest that i recently acquired a large selection of rare beverage" The vampire says moving closer to Liz. "Last time I checked, I had some elder-brass ale, but I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't handle it" the vampire jokes with a coy smile. @Crystal Cali

"Well...." He smiles as he reaches behind him and a light unsheathing noise is heard and he pulls a small dagger from his back. It on the hilt has his family crest and he holds it out to Raina "Melamin. Will you marry me?" He smiled @Crystal Cali

Liz gives Davorin a mockingly offended look. "Just who do ye think ye are talking to? I can handle any ale!"

@SirGrey

Raina was surprised, to say the least. She froze for a moment, looking bewildered, before her hand finally reached for the dagger. "Uma."

@ThatOneLunatic

Crystal Cali]Liz gives Davorin a mockingly offended look. "[COLOR=#ff0000]Just who do ye think ye are talking to? I can handle any ale![/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]"[/COLOR] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/35804-sirgrey/ said:
@SirGrey[/URL]

Raina was surprised, to say the least. She froze for a moment, looking bewildered, before her hand finally reached for the dagger. "Uma."

@ThatOneLunatic
Ty clapped. He didn't say anything but, it had been obvious for some time that he was madly in love with her. Finally he's braved up and asked her.

His face was filled with joy and he let her take it. On the hilt was a beautiful Ring weaved like vines and emeralds throughout. At the very top was a Diamond surrounded by 5 emeralds and he smiled "It took me 3 years to craft." @Crystal Cali

"Well I'm talking to a violent, unwashed, despicable pirate who I for one find well and truly... irresistible" Davorin said with a smile as he put his arms around the pirates waist. He moved in closer, his heart racing, before delivering a kiss that seemed to go on for too long yet not long enough. @Crystal Cali

Raina would put the ring on her finger, and hold it up close to her face to admire it. "Three years? You.... planned on asking me for that long?" @ThatOneLunatic

Liz wraps her arm around the back of Davorin's neck, and pulls herself closer as he kisses her. When she finally managed to pull away, she looks to be a bit out of breath. "So, to your place then?" @SirGrey

As Davorin pulled away he too seems out of breath and even a little dazed. "Erm sure yes correct my place" Davorin says walking off into the forest. The walk was hot, bothersome and there was a rather large spider at one point. Still the duo made to the secret entrance and with the pull of a switch, the cave door opened. "Not much has changed sadly to say, I never was one to decorate. @Crystal Cali

Maggie would just chuckle seeing Liz and Davorin walk off, Davorin would feel a loosening of the sutures since the wounds fully healed, they were not needed, Maggie looks back at Montblanca as she walks out, heading to May for a chat about business. heading to May's not really caring at the moment if people stared at Maggie, still a demon, the only reason she still was, was so the 'staff' could do their jobs at Montblanca. Arriving at May's she would walk in, "Darling? can you hear me, it's Maggie I would like a chat about business and a little bit about an intrigue of mine." she would say as walked about the building.

@SirGrey @Crystal Cali

"Well mostly because every time you do is it gets kicked down" Davorin says with a light laugh. "The booze is still in the kitchen by the way" the vampires goes to the armoury. The vampire gets to work using his chemicals to try and identify the mixture. Leaving it to boil for a while, the vampires goes to the kitchen to see if the pirate has drank everything yet. @Crystal Cali

The guard would protest against Maggie walking in without his permission, and stand blocking the way in until someone got May to come out of her lab. May stands slightly behind the bodyguard as she speaks. "What would you like to know?"

@SinningSloth

Liz laughs. Ain't that the truth," she says as she goes for the booze. She got maybe a third of it down by the time Davrin joins her.

@SirGrey

"It is more of a private matter, so could we talk in private as well." looking to the guards around and then back to May. Maggie seemed slightly off, not her jovial self, not fully at least, there was an odd air about her, if may looked in her eyes they were like looking into the abyss, something is keeping her on edge and she's been hiding that fact for a while which showed as the façade began to wear.

@Crystal Cali

SinningSloth said:
"It is more of a private matter, so could we talk in private as well." looking to the guards around and then back to May. Maggie seemed slightly off, not her jovial self, not fully at least, there was an odd air about her, if may looked in her eyes they were like looking into the abyss, something is keeping her on edge and she's been hiding that fact for a while which showed as the façade began to wear.
@Crystal Cali
May nods slowly. "Follow me then," she says, and would lead Maggie to the office they had met in before. May sits on the silver throne in the center or the far wall, and motions for Maggie to have a seat in one of the chairs facing her. "What seems to be the problem?" she says calmly.

Icy waves crashed on the bleak shore, red with the blood of the men Hexxarus had already butchered. The mortals he had yet to kill were retreating over the beach in terror. Black rain doused them and stormclouds boiled in from the mourning heart of the island. He heard them shouting to one another. The words were a guttural battle-cant he did not recognize, but the meaning was clear; they actually thought they might live to reach their ship. True, they had some skill. They moved as one, wooden shields interlocked. But they were mortal and Hexxarus savored the meat-stink of their fear.

He circled them, threading crumbling ruins and unseen in the shadowed mist rising from the ashen sand. The echoing thunder of his hooves struck sparks from black rocks. It gnawed at their courage. He watched the mortals through the slitted visor of his helm. The weak light of their wretched spirits was flickering corposant in their flesh. It repulsed him even as he craved it.

“No-one lives,” he said.

His voice was muffled by the dread iron of his helm, like the corpse-rasp of a hanged man. The sound scraped along their nerves like rusted blades. He drank in their terror and grinned as one man threw down his shield and ran for the ship in desperation.

He bellowed as he galloped from the weed-choked ruins, lowering his hooked glaive and feeling the old thrill of the charge. A memory flickered, riding at the head of a silver host. Winning glory and honor. The memory faded as the man reached the dark surf of cold breakers and looked over his shoulder.

“Please! No!” he cried.

Hexxarus split him from collarbone to pelvis in one thunderous blow.

His ebon-bladed glaive pulsed as it bathed in blood. The fragile wisp of the man’s spirit sought to fly free, but the mist’s hunger would not be cheated. Hexxarus watched as the soul was twisted into a dark reflection of the man’s life.

Hexxarus drew the power of the island to him and the bloody surf churned with motion as a host of dark knights wreathed in shimmering light rose from the water. Sealed within archaic plates of ghostly iron, they drew black swords that glimmered with dark radiance. He should know these men. They had served him once and served him still, but he had no memory of them. He turned back towards the mortals on the beach. He parted the mists, revelling in their terror as they saw him clearly for the first time.

His colossal form was a nightmarish hybrid of man and horse, a chimeric juggernaut of brazen iron. The plates of his body were dark and stamped with etchings whose meanings he only vaguely recalled. Bale-fire smouldered behind his visor, the spirit within cold and dead yet hatefully vital.

Hexxarus reared as forking traceries of lightning split the sky. He lowered his glaive and led his knights in the charge, throwing up giant clumps of blood-sodden sand and bone fragments as he went. The mortals screamed and brought up their shields, but the ghost-knights charge was unstoppable. Hexxarus struck first as was his right as their master, and the thunderous impact splintered the shieldwall wide open. Men were trampled to bloody gruel beneath his iron-shod bulk. His glaive struck out left and right, killing with every strike. The ghost knights crushed all before them, slaughtering the living in a fury of thrashing hooves, stabbing lances and chopping blades. Bones cracked and blood sprayed as mortal spirits fled broken bodies, already trapped between life and death by the fell magic of the Ruined King.

The spirits of the dead circled Hexxarus, beholden to him as their killer and he revelled in the surging joy of battle. He ignored the wailing spirits. He had no interest in enslaving them. Leave such petty cruelties to the Warden.

All Hexxarus cared for was killing.

"I'm sure you know of the unwanted guests showing up on the isle, correct? Well, with these unwanted guests, there are more questions that asking to myself, one that has been on my mind since Tharron or what ever his name was, showed up, I haven't been feeling the best with these entities showing up. The fact is, with the most recent encounter with Kal'Thazaan, I nearly showed a side nothing on this earth or hell would like to witness.." Maggie pauses her facial expression shift dramatically, standing up walking into a shadow in the office, "and yet another comes to my territory." May would hear in Maggie's voice, there was nothing behind those words, as if listening to the void itself.

Arriving there Hexxarus would feel a sudden pull on his very essence, the sprit around just dissipate, fleeing from what caused that shift in the area. Hexxarus would see a demon or rather the possible outline of one, sitting in an ethereal throne, floating above the area out of most reach. "You do not have the right to be on these isles, leave." her voice cold, void of emotion.

@Crystal Cali @MrEvilMexican

Users who are viewing this thread

Back