• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Invaded by the Opposite

"Oh..." She replied, but was unsure if she could respond to everything he said, because she was a little unsure of how to, so she kind of answered, yet just sort of rambled, "Well, I couldn't run away...And you weren't really showing as a threat so it wouldn't be very fair to try driving you out." She shrugged, then went silent.

The water rippled gently. The thousands of floating lily pads nearby bounced up and down along the water as the soft waves rushed past. In the middle of the fresh, clear pond, drifted a woman. Her bright red hair swirled around her like a cloud as she floated in the deep depths of the water. Her eyes were glancing around lazily, the rays of the sun dancing across her face. A bubble drifted out between her lips, rising to the surface and popping when it met the air.

There was a sudden splashing sound, corrupting the stillness of the water. The woman simply glanced to the side, kicking her legs in a graceful movement as she swam towards the noise. Poking her head out of the water, the girl rested both her arms on the ground outside of the pond. Lifting herself out of the water slightly, she giggled quietly at the soaked Otter in front of her.

"Hello, my Olly. How are you doing this fine day?" She asked in a rainfall like voice, soft and delicate. The otter shook violently, droplets of water flinging in every direction. He stopped, and twitched his ears as he stared at the beautiful girl.

"Very well, thank you." The otter responded cheerfully, watching the women slip out of the water. She stood next to the animal in a breathtaking white dress, the bottom of the dress dragging against the grass just slightly. Her emerald green eyes glittered with happiness, a smile appearing across her pink lips.

"Will you accompany me on my way into the forest? I heard some rumors from a woodpecker that there was a fresh patch of untouched strawberries somewhere around here. And you know how much I love strawberries." Evangelina murmured, reaching a hand out to the otter. With a small little laugh, the animal leaped onto her shoulder and balanced himself on her delicate bones.

"Yes, I will come. But only if you share." Olly said with a wicked gleam in his eyes. He held his tiny paw out to her for a handshake, arching an eyebrow at her. Sighing, she gripped his paw with two fingers, shaking it gently.

"Deal."

And with that, the girl padded into the massive forest, Olly chattering noisily on her shoulder.

Later on that day...

Evangelina wrapped her arms around herself, imitating a bucket as she filled her arms with ripe, delicious strawberries by the handful. Olly helped too, his little arms also filled with the red berries. Once most of the strawberries had been picked, the girl and the otter started back for the pond. Evangelina was beginning to miss the feeling of the cool water on her skin. She hated being away from the pond for too long. The strawberries swayed dangerously, threatening to fall as the two weaved through trees and broken tree branches.

"Do you think we have enough?" Olly asked, his voice muffled by the pile of strawberries that blocked his face. Evangelina let out a laugh, not noticing that a strawberry or two had dropped from her grasp and into the dirt.

"Not in the least. But let's delay our hunt for berries until later." She smiled at the otter. He nodded quickly, padding on his two tiny legs with his tail swishing back and forth.

Just than, Olly stopped in his place, practically dropping all of his strawberries as he stared in a narrow cave next to him.

"Whoa."

Evangelina, not seeing the cave, stopped and looked behind her at the otter in confusion. Following his gaze, she saw the cave as well, and her emerald green eyes widened. Before she had time to object, Olly burst down the narrow stone tunnel and disappeared into the shadows. Dropping the berries on the ground, the beautiful girl darted after him quickly. She stayed silent as she followed after him, her pale hands instantly shaking in fear as she entered the shadows. The otter led her through the cave, weaving through the tunnels like a snake. They passed what looked like an entrance, two blackened charcoal X's on both sides. The otter, of course, was too occupied to notice. But Evangelina did.

The girl with the mesmerizing red hair refused to let herself stop. She didn't want anything to happen to Olly after all. Quickening her pace, she caught up with the otter. The two entered a beautiful grotto inside the cave, the sun shining down from a hole on the ceiling and into a glistening pond. Moss rimmed the walls of the cave, dangling off the sides and brushing against the variety of plants that lived in the grotto's dirt. Stepping forward until she was at the edge of the pond, the water lapped hungrily at her feet, as if welcoming her.

"Wow...." Evangelina whispered. Her eyes settled on another nymph who sat in the pond as well. She recognized her immediately.

"H-Hey! Mythic!" The beautiful nymph called, beginning to wade further into the pond.

But she stopped. Her green eyes widened in fear when she saw the creature standing close by to Mythic. His body was ignited with flames, his eyes the color of fire and burnt charcoal itself. Her body began to shake automatically in fear, taking a few steps back and out of the water. Olly played in the water, not noticing the fiery person a few feet away.

images

Last edited by a moderator:
Suddenly Mythic turned her head to see one of her friends. A smile instantly graced her face and she waved. "Hi Evangelina!" When she saw the nymph grow scared. "Evangelia, he won't hurt you." Her voice was softer, and directed at the red-headed girl. She didn't want her friend to run away and make Ignis upset.

(I gotta go for a while...I will be back in 2-3 hours)

Ignis walked out into the pond, allowing the water to cool his legs. This was his home, he wouldn't defile it. He knelt in the water and grinned, looking at the nymph in the water. Light shone out of the cracks in his skin, though it was less intense than last time. The flames were there underneath the obsidian shell, but they were in check.

"Fair treatment. I think that we'll get along fine. I have no desire to-"

He felt something pass the markers. The burning x's were a part of him, elemental fire that would burn until it was forcibly extinguished. He could see and feel everything around them, and someone had just broken the perimeter. The intruder looked vaguely similar to Mythic. Most likely the same species of creature. Ignis was getting better at telling the physical races apart and these two shared too many qualities to be far removed from each other.

"Someone is coming."

Flames grew out of his back, swallowed his shoulders but he kept them in check. He used the water around his feet to monitor his heat level, as long as he didn't see steam he was at a safe temperature. The water warmed, but it stayed liquid. A small brown creature entered the grotto first, preceding its master by a few seconds, then the woman, the nymph, entered. She seemed impressed by the grotto, and terrified by Ignis. He glanced at the flames jetting out of his shoulders and calmed them. Ignis forced a smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Evangelia was it? I am Ignis, welcome to my home."

Many years ago, a wizard had lived on the island, practicing spells and potions in his home. Here, he trapped a nymph in a small bottle, keeping her locked away in a chest where, as he believed, it could no longer cause harm to anyone. However, he was forced to leave to island due to some unexpected conflicts... and unfortunately, he never returned. Hundreds, maybe even thousands, of year passed, and his home slowly decayed and rotted away, with floods demolishing the house.

Now, present day, all that is left of the wizard's home is at the bottom of a lake, surrounded by an illuminous cave. His spell-books, potions... even the chest that holds the trapped nymph. She now awaits retrieval from her prisonlike bottle, submerging herself in a deep sleep until that day comes.

Name; Eudora Glykeria Species; Nymph Race; Dryad

Eudora heard soft footfalls coming towards her tree and opened her eyes to see what was going on just as Mythic ran past her. Furrowing her eyebrows, the dryad stepped out of her oak tree. As she did, a soft, tan, one-shoulder dress appeared on her. She looked the way the oceanid went with a frown. "I wonder where she's going," Eudora thought as Mythic escaped her sight. Not wanting to pester the older nymph, she turned and headed towards the springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back