• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Can you all provide any suggestions or ideas for Mercy to use her XP on? I am still somewhat of a newbie for this system.
I'll help with what little I know. What kind of build are you going for? What is it you want Mercy to be able to do?

So many choices...I am a bit overwhelmed.

Can you all provide any suggestions or ideas for Mercy to use her XP on? I am still somewhat of a newbie for this system.

Psychie Psychie Can I raise her perception from 3 to 5 in this brief period of time or per your rules I need training time to do that?

There is one spell I am going to pick up so far, to fit with her flame theme and the rest of her fire spells:

1. Flight of the Brilliant Raptor
Since you haven't spent any points yet, you can go ahead and raise from 3 to 4 right away, but from 4 to 5 will take another week of game time.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Well for Mercy I am going to the Sorcerer route for sure…I did notice a lot of her spells require perception. So that is why I was looking into that. I want to improve and get more thrown weapon charms for Black Wind.

Ultimately I want her to learn the higher forms of Sorcery.

To follow up as I did not have the information in front of me, for Mercy if we get that far, to Learn Celestial Sorcery I want to make a up a new and unique shaping Shaping Ritual. I have not thought of anything yet for it, but I want to tie it to Mercy's story somehow.

And then my ultimate goal and adventure for Mercy for when she goes to to learn Solar Sorcery, I would like for her to seek out the Lunar Raksi and the Book of Three Circles.

For now I am going to raise her perception and her thrown skill.

Psychie Psychie I finally put my nose to the grindstone and worked out what I'd like to purchase with O Mighty Fat Cat's considerable XP. Are these purchases all right?

45 XP available. Total cost: 44 XP.

1. 10 XP - Shifting Wardrobe Evocation for Brilliant Manifold armor (see Equipment on Da Chonk's character sheet).
2. 8 XP - Charm: Mountainous Spirit Expression (Lunars, p. 265).
3. 8 XP - Charm: Sense-Sharpening Change (Lunars, p. 236).
4. 8 XP - Charm: Sinuous Striking Grace (Lunars, p. 181).
5. 10 XP - White Reaper Style Martial Arts Charm: Falling Scythe Flash (Core, p. 438).

Also, since O Mighty Fat Cat is attuned with it now, may I ask for Spellbreaker's data (besides what you posted here)?

I am thinking that it might be most beneficial to only have one weapon attuned (since they cost 5m each). I am thinking of unattuning with Primal Fury while O Mighty Fat Cat has Spellbreaker.

As always, advice is welcome! =)

Psychie Psychie I finally put my nose to the grindstone and worked out what I'd like to purchase with O Mighty Fat Cat's considerable XP. Are these purchases all right?

45 XP available. Total cost: 44 XP.

1. 10 XP - Shifting Wardrobe Evocation for Brilliant Manifold armor (see Equipment on Da Chonk's character sheet).
2. 8 XP - Charm: Mountainous Spirit Expression (Lunars, p. 265).
3. 8 XP - Charm: Sense-Sharpening Change (Lunars, p. 236).
5. 10 XP - White Reaper Style Martial Arts Charm: Falling Scythe Flash (Core, p. 438).
This is entirely acceptable.

Also, since O Mighty Fat Cat is attuned with it now, may I ask for Spellbreaker's data (besides what you posted here)?

I am thinking that it might be most beneficial to only have one weapon attuned (since they cost 5m each). I am thinking of unattuning with Primal Fury while O Mighty Fat Cat has Spellbreaker.

As always, advice is welcome! =)
Spellbreaker is rather singular in its abilities, sort of a Sorcery Capturing Cord but only designed to protect its bearer from hostile spells and to end actively ruining spells. In most cases, unless you plan on running up against a spell caster, you might be better off not having it attuned to keep the motes available.

Even so, being able to wipe out Solar level spells is no laughing matter. A potent item.

Spellbreaker is rather singular in its abilities, sort of a Sorcery Capturing Cord but only designed to protect its bearer from hostile spells and to end actively ruining spells. In most cases, unless you plan on running up against a spell caster, you might be better off not having it attuned to keep the motes available.
(bold mine). Psychie Psychie Do you mean "actively-running" spell? "Actively ruining" sounds strange.

O.K.! I don't know what a Sorcery Capturing Cord is (found it in Arms of the Chosen), but I get that it's best used against casters. I thought it was a combat-capable chain weapon. Looks like it's not (which is fine!).

If Da Chonk knows this, is there any Lunar-known reason O Mighty Fat Cat shouldn't be attuned to it (unless a spellcaster waltzes up)? I mean, I don't want to unattune to it only to learn doing so just made Luna unhappy with him for whatever reason (we have her blessing to borrow it; that much I understand).

(bold mine). Psychie Psychie Do you mean "actively-running" spell? "Actively ruining" sounds strange.

O.K.! I don't know what a Sorcery Capturing Cord is (found it in Arms of the Chosen), but I get that it's best used against casters. I thought it was a combat-capable chain weapon. Looks like it's not (which is fine!).

If Da Chonk knows this, is there any Lunar-known reason O Mighty Fat Cat shouldn't be attuned to it (unless a spellcaster waltzes up)? I mean, I don't want to unattune to it only to learn doing so just made Luna unhappy with him for whatever reason (we have her blessing to borrow it; that much I understand).
Damn autocorrect strikes again! Yes, it can disrupt actively ruining spells, like Stormwind Rider or Virtuous Guardian of Flame.

If used as a melee weapon, it will have the same damage and other stats as a light Artifact weapon.

Damn autocorrect strikes again! Yes, it can disrupt actively ruining spells, like Stormwind Rider or Virtuous Guardian of Flame.
(bold mine) And again! Hah! Darned Auto-correct! If only we had an Auto-correct Breaker! Hah!=)

If used as a melee weapon, it will have the same damage and other stats as a light Artifact weapon.
O.K.! Except unlike the Primal Fury gloves, it can be used at range (it being a chain and all)? If so, how far can he sling the thing out?

I am horrible with home brew weapons and artifacts, but I might allow some specialized Evocations in time.
You're doing just fine as far as I'm concerned!

Re: Evocations. Maybe don't bother? I can't imagine O Mighty Fat Cat is going to spend 10 precious XP on an item that's going back to its former owner. (We don't get that XP if we lose the item, right?) Besides, chains aren't compatible with White Reaper Style (which to remind myself is good with scythe, spears, staves, and unarmed attacks).

Being able to un-attune an artifact might be a cool thing. Just a thought. Imagine using it to thwack a guy in heavy artifact armor and poof! His armor is no longer attuned to him. Or he parries a hit and his sword is no longer set to him.

Heya Bud! I was thinking these two Charms would work well together, especially with O Mighty Fat Cat's Strength of 5 and his Primal Fury Moonsilver gloves. =)

Wait. I just realized I screwed up the XP expenditure. It should cost 10 for a non-Caste/Non-favored Charm. So his Sense-Sharpening Change should cost him 10. But he's got 2 XP to spend so it all works out. O.K.!

Awesome combo of Charms there. Let's see what we are dealing with that can take on a Celestial Lion. I'm still betting its that Filial guy, but it's not guaranteed yet.

Wait. I just realized I screwed up the XP expenditure. It should cost 10 for a non-Caste/Non-favored Charm. So his Sense-Sharpening Change should cost him 10. But he's got 2 XP to spend so it all works out. O.K.!
Thanks for catching that. It's a rare thing to find trustworthy people.

Awesome combo of Charms there. Let's see what we are dealing with that can take on a Celestial Lion. I'm still betting its that Filial guy, but it's not guaranteed yet.
Yeah. Filial Wisdom was my first guess because it seems like the work of an Exalted and he carries a big ol' Daiklave. That's enough for me to put him on the list, though if we're right about it, I can't fathom his motive. I mean, he let us in. Why change his mind?

Thanks for catching that. It's a rare thing to find trustworthy people.
Sure! It makes me wish I'd changed up his Caste/Favored Attributes to exclude Strength and include Perception (because I have no Charms in the former and no plans on any Strength-based Charms and now two in Perception with a growing list for more later), but hey, c'est la vie! =)

Psychie Psychie Wait up... After reading up in Lunars, I think he's been goofed up all along! Check this: "At least one of your Caste or Favored Attributes must be in the primary category, and at least one must be in the secondary category." (Lunars, p. 112).

Currently, O Mighty Fat Cat has Caste in Strength and Dexterity. His Favored fall into Stamina and Wits. Uhh... Psychie? Can I change this up somehow? If I want Dexterity, Stamina, Wits, and Perception, could it go Caste (Dexterity, Perception) and Favored (Stamina, Wits)? His Primary Category is Physical. His Secondary Category is Mental.

(It's late and I'm getting sleepy. Forgive me not only for missing this in the first place, but also for only catching now so far into the game.)

I'm confused. At first, the Lunars book says: "Step 3: Attributes Choose two Attributes from the appropriate list as your Caste Attributes, unless your character is Casteless.• Full Moon: Dexterity, Stamina, Strength" (O Mighty Fat Cat is Full Moon).

Then it says what I quoted above:
"At least one of your Caste or Favored Attributes must be in the primary category, and at least one must be in the secondary category." (Lunars, p. 112).
I can't make sense of this right now so it's off to bed I go. Perhaps this will make sense after a good night's sleep? Stay safe and healthy, everybody! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back