• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Finally spent some XP - 9 Solar total raising Thrown to 2, and Awareness I'm training up to 5.

I didn't really give myself many XP-spending opportunities at chargen. No Evocations, for instance - perhaps I should try to seek another Artifact. I could buy Spells, I suppose.

I have too many things to buy, I'm having to prioritize combat only focus vs being able to do something else.

I purchased two merits from Mercy's Sorcerous Shaping Unburnt Majesty and Suzerain of Endless Flame. I documented their solar xp expenditures on her character sheet and added the two to her list of merits.

I purchased two merits from Mercy's Sorcerous Shaping Unburnt Majesty and Suzerain of Endless Flame. I documented their solar xp expenditures on her character sheet and added the two to her list of merits.
Just what do those do now, Eon? They sound interesting but I don't have my books in front of me.

Just what do those do now, Eon? They sound interesting but I don't have my books in front of me
I put the information about them in the merits section of her character sheet. One basically gives her a resistance to fire and the other makes it cheaper for her to cast fire based spells.

Sorry! I have missed everything since last Wednesday. I am not getting Alerts of any kind for this game.

Hmm! I guess the window for Fat Cat having a chance to look in the burned manor is closed. Then again, if Glade didn't find anything with that roll, I doubt Fat Cat could exceed it.

With the fire gone and the manor house destroyed, the circle once more gets ready to travel on the way to the old city of Rathess.

Purr Purr are you going to take to the air again, it is the cat bus express taking the ground this time?
Psychie Psychie While my first thought is to fly under the cover of night (ask your friendly neighborhood falcon or owl why they hunt during the daytime, right?), is there any evident benefit from traveling, however speedily, on the ground? Did the villagers mention anything or might anyone in our Circle know of some good reason to either fly or run to Rathess?

Hmm! I guess the window for Fat Cat having a chance to look in the burned manor is closed. Then again, if Glade didn't find anything with that roll, I doubt Fat Cat could exceed it.

Psychie Psychie While my first thought is to fly under the cover of night (ask your friendly neighborhood falcon or owl why they hunt during the daytime, right?), is there any evident benefit from traveling, however speedily, on the ground? Did the villagers mention anything or might anyone in our Circle know of some good reason to either fly or run to Rathess?
From the simple fact of geography, the city of Rathess is deep in the southeastern jungle. Ground travel, even for the mighty Cat Bus, is going to be very slow and dangerous. Taking the air would be much faster and easier to get there. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't assume what you wanted to do, and to give you the option to travel by ground if you wanted to.

From the simple fact of geography, the city of Rathess is deep in the southeastern jungle. Ground travel, even for the mighty Cat Bus, is going to be very slow and dangerous. Taking the air would be much faster and easier to get there. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't assume what you wanted to do, and to give you the option to travel by ground if you wanted to.
Psychie Psychie Quite thoughtful of you given Fat Cat's Player has no idea what is where more often than not! To the skies it is! Preferably under the cover of night so we are not so easily spotted.

Such pretty GIFs we have on RPN! =)
Flying Fleet Foxes GIF by ANTI- Records

I am thinking on raising my own Perception to three and picking up the Charm Graceful Crane Stance.

Seeing as we've had a bit of time pass, I'm gonna buy another point in Dexterity for 12xp.

10XP? Nice! Time to check the charms again...

Psychie Psychie two things:

1. Is that training time just Fat Cat's, or will my Awareness increase also have completed by now?
2. Harmonious Academic Method lets me add a Lore specialty after every Story. Am I due any additional specialties? I've had the charm since character creation.

10XP? Nice! Time to check the charms again...

Psychie Psychie two things:

1. Is that training time just Fat Cat's, or will my Awareness increase also have completed by now?
2. Harmonious Academic Method lets me add a Lore specialty after every Story. Am I due any additional specialties? I've had the charm since character creation.
I had forgotten that you were training up your Awareness, too. Yes, the new total is in effect now.

Go ahead and take on two new Specialties for HAM.

Sweet, thanks - I'll have a think what to add.

Looking at the fabulous map of Rathess (ooh, that's some good Lore, there) - so it's about 12 miles diameter, I think? We're heading for the east side, just south of halfway. Do we know which side we're arriving at? (I'll explain the layout in character once I've got a handle)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back