• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
If you want to try to charge into the burning house you are free to do so. You have a very short window of opportunity to do any investigating before the house collapses from the structural damage it's getting.

For those that wish to risk a quick search of the burning house, give me two Perception + Awareness rolls and keep in mind that there are going to be minuses to your rolls. Don't forget to add any stunt bonuses that you can get from a good description.

Purr Purr do you wish for me to roll for you or will Fat Cat take a pass?

For those that wish to risk a quick search of the burning house, give me two Perception + Awareness rolls and keep in mind that there are going to be minuses to your rolls. Don't forget to add any stunt bonuses that you can get from a good description.
Unless someone asks him to help, I'll have Grey Stone pass.

I don't think that Amara will shed a tear at the burning house enough to risk going in and looking around. Unless something is brought up, she will sit out.

Purr Purr do you wish for me to roll for you or will Fat Cat take a pass?
Psychie Psychie Stunt or no stunt, I am literally in no shape to be posting.

I was hoping to have Fat Cat transform into his Fat Bat form (see Character sheet); this type of bat is fast, maneuverable, small, and has excellent eyesight on top of echo location. Then make use of his Merits and whatever Charms may aid him. Of course, he is looking for innocent people he thinks might be trapped (he comes back at dawn and misunderstands the situation and thinks it is an accidental house fire).

If O Fatty doesn't find people, but finds some tomes that don't appear evil in nature, sure, he might chance it to do what is necessary to transport/deliver them to the Circle for their benefit (but out of the sight of the villagers who might take it the wrong way).

Sorry if this is confusing. That's all I have. My brain is tired again. See you! =)

Some random shower thoughts type stuff before bed...

For delivery work, you could specialize a little more in the covert side of delivery/smuggling by investing in stealth and disguise. Best-paying delivery jobs are the ones that can pass through the blockades and barricades after all.
Rykon Rykon I meant to reply to this but I was sidetracked repeatedly. Whoops! =)

Originally, Da Chonk went the Larceny route. That is, until I found out that this "Guild" bunch basically had a monopoly on such things and they have a side business in slavery. To help them is to contribute to slavery, suffering, the separating of families, and the domination of the cruel over the innocent. That's very much against O Mighty Fat Cat's way and so Bureaucracy it became and so it remains. =)

I also gained the impression that to do work on the side (not involve the Guild) is also not a wise idea as it eventually brings their attention down on you. Even with allies like the Circle, both my character and I agree that having this Wyld Hunt on us is plenty enough to worry about. I don't know that we will ever see a time when the Wyld Hunt isn't chasing us.

I mean... how are they stopped in the long run? Do they give up? I don't feel they can be reasoned with. Our Circle is running because it is our only reasonable option.

Isn't it?

This place was home to a great amount of evil, and the ritual that your Circle interrupted was just the tip of the iceberg.
Psychie Psychie Basements being what basements are (below ground), and now that O Mighty Fat Cat has been inside of it, does it look like the kind of place that is sturdy enough to survive (or partly survive) this building fire? O Mighty Fat Cat's first thought is to get back to his Circle and tell his Solar friends about what he has just seen (including all of the details and writings, etc. that are fresh in his mind).

If the basement dungeon survives, then so might the means necessary for further evil inside of it. This is what he intends to tell the group. (In fact, let me edit my last post to say he is going back to the inn to try and find them).

Nothing meaningful to add here and no objections. Certainly better if we take a look than if we don't.

While the bulk of the basement is well and truly scorched, there may still be secrets hidden in it. Do you search the ruin, and if so, how do you go about it?
Is O Mighty Fat Cat's animal (Catbus) form hardy enough to withstand the remaining heat?

Could he carefully use his strength and claws (lengthy and flexible if used with a certain Charm) to help clear out debris?

jaydude jaydude Sorry, but I don't know this name. Who is Hesiesh, please? =)
Hesiesh is one of the Elemental Dragons, five spirits of immense power that serve as the patrons of the Dragon-blooded, much like Luna is the patron of Lunar Exalted like Fat Cat. Each of the dragons embodies one of Creation's five elements, with Hesiesh representing fire.

Hesiesh is one of the Elemental Dragons, five spirits of immense power that serve as the patrons of the Dragon-blooded, much like Luna is the patron of Lunar Exalted like Fat Cat. Each of the dragons embodies one of Creation's five elements, with Hesiesh representing fire.
Hesiesh = fire. Thus Grey Stone wonders if important things in the basement are "lost to fire."

Neat! Thank you, Jay! 8D

Is O Mighty Fat Cat's animal (Catbus) form hardy enough to withstand the remaining heat?

Could he carefully use his strength and claws (lengthy and flexible if used with a certain Charm) to help clear out debris?
Yes. While hot on your paws, you are able to handle the heat. And with your strength you can move the few bits of debris with ease.

Psychie Psychie I would like Mercy to pick up an additional merit that is associated with with her Ifirit Lord Shaping Ritual called "Unburnt Majesty" (Page 468 of the Exalted Core Book). I know the cost would be 6 xp, I want to say that Mercy kind of has picked up this resistance to fire over time being bonded with the Ifirit Lord. So do I need to wait for two weeks of game time for it to be in effect?

Psychie Psychie I would like Mercy to pick up an additional merit that is associated with with her Ifirit Lord Shaping Ritual called "Unburnt Majesty" (Page 468 of the Exalted Core Book). I know the cost would be 6 xp, I want to say that Mercy kind of has picked up this resistance to fire over time being bonded with the Ifirit Lord. So do I need to wait for two weeks of game time for it to be in effect?
I'll say you can pick it up now. No need to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back