• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

In the Dojo (O.O.C. Chat - Session Zero)

Please, just something original. No more Zukos. No more Tophs. The characters are wonderful, but I am squarely-convinced the creativity is there in each of you to make cool names all your own.

The more you know the character, the easier I bet it'll be. That's what helps me make up names like "Dreamy," "O Mighty Fat Cat," and "Chaska." Lots of knowing and brainstorming. Sooner or later, click! It fits! 8D
Don't worry; I will.
You should take Sumo wrestling, so you can wear the tiny little diaper-thing! Ha!
No. Just. No. lol

You should take Sumo wrestling, so you can wear the tiny little diaper-thing! Ha!
Oh, jeez! You're no help! Ha ha!

Do you guys/gals like this idea of deciding years ago to form a group against injustice? That sounds a lot more fun to me than spending years rehabilitating. Instead, you've been training together. Maybe the Savior has an X-Men "Danger Room" (super-powered training ground where you can learn a lot without going public) of sorts?

You've gotten to know how you fight alone and together that way? What do you think?
Psychie? (Since you have the time and energy to zing Sherwood. Heh!)

Sorry I got caught up in the mental image of an elephant in the traditional Sumo wrestler's garb.

I like the training to be a team idea. It makes sense to me that we were pulled together to so something more than just live in peace, but use our talents to do something good for people.

I have a name now. Moyo. It means 'heart' in one of the many South African languages.

I like the training to be a team idea. It makes sense to me that we were pulled together to so something more than just live in peace, but use our talents to do something good for people.
Thank you for your perspective! =)

I have a name now. Moyo. It means 'heart' in one of the many South African languages.
So the idea of an African name works? Terrific! "Moyo" has the "mojo!" =)

Here's your elephant in spandex! Ha!
Sherwood, she's doing this to get you back for pulling her headlong into the world of puns. You know that, right? Ha ha!

Sil. If it's aggressiveness your character is looking for in a martial art system, then you have plenty of systems to look into. Tiger Claw (like Psychie's character), Phoenix Eye Kung Fu, Kyokushinkai Karate of Japan, Muay Thai of Thailand, Choy-Li-Fut (often taught in America in the 198X). The list goes on. Let me know what you're thinking?
Gotta check those out in detail - I know most names, but not what's behind them.
Silanon and Kaerri?
1. Archetype: Nature & Demeanor?
2. Personality (is your PC shy? Dedicated? Loyal? Compassionate? Fearful? Brave? Etc.)?
3. Alignment (as always, no Evil aligned characters)?
4. Species (Human, Mutant Animal, other)?
5. Ethnic heritage (Asian, African-American, Mexican, Mixed race, etc.)?
6. Desired Education Level (I think I would like the dice to play a part here)?
7. Martial Art System (or lack thereof)?
1) Nature: anarchist. Demeanor: Nihilist. At least for the time being!
2) Some say that she lost her passion. That she's detached herself from the world. But they'll also recall the anger, the unrest, the unhappiness below. The rage. The best and the worst of her. Perhaps with the change of environment, it will surface more often again?
3) unprincipled (the chaotic-good one) with careless-neutral tendencies every now and then.
4) Mutant animal - hawk, likely. Bird of prey, certainly.
5) north-to-middle European. Details may follow.
6) little education - she's not the most brilliant mind, and her dedication goes elsewhere.
7)in the works!
1. Again I ask, who wants to roll RpN dice and who wants Good ol' Polyhedrons? (Note to self: Psychie answered Polyhedrons.)
Polyhedrons - no real choice there. I'll take real randomness over getting betrayed by a machine, thank you.
I really want to hear back from Silanon first. I want to give him the same time and energy I've given you to make the character he really wants to play long-term. =)
Thanks for that! Unfortunately, the number of posts exceeds the time I have getting to work by train, so I'll have to catch up later.
Do you guys/gals like this idea of deciding years ago to form a group against injustice? That sounds a lot more fun to me than spending years rehabilitating. Instead, you've been training together. Maybe the Savior has an X-Men "Danger Room" (super-powered training ground where you can learn a lot without going public) of sorts?
Slight dislike - I can work well with it, though. It just suggests a clear purpose that my character should be lacking initially. There will have been initial enthusiasm followed by disillusion when it became clear that no rapid change would be coming.

Gotta check those out in detail - I know most names, but not what's behind them.
Silanon Silanon Tiger Claw Kung Fu you'll find in one of today's posts of mine in a spoiler (along with a description and video). Let me know if you have questions about the others? I've added some videos in the spoiler below to help you with your research - these are all legit to me. I've also tried to find shorter videos in respect of your time. =)

Some of these videos are brutal. Fair warning, good Sil! This is aggressive martial arts. =)

"Learn Kung Fu: Phoenix Eye Strike"

"Kyokushin Karate KNOCKOUTS"

"Top 10 Muay Thai Knockouts"

"The Power of Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut (北勝蔡李佛) in MMA and Street Fighting"

There are more hard-hitting systems out there. If these don't scratch the itch for your character, let me know?

3) unprincipled (the chaotic-good one) with careless-neutral tendencies every now and then.
This begs the question - is your bird babe a team player? Will she go along with the rest of the group most of the time?

Polyhedrons - no real choice there. I'll take real randomness over getting betrayed by a machine, thank you.
It's unanimous! (And yeah, I feel that.) =)

Thanks for that! Unfortunately, the number of posts exceeds the time I have getting to work by train, so I'll have to catch up later.
You're welcome! What kind of GM (or friend!) would I be if I didn't care about how you feel? Take your time catching up; we went a little crazy today! It was fun as you'll see! =)

Slight dislike - I can work well with it, though. It just suggests a clear purpose that my character should be lacking initially. There will have been initial enthusiasm followed by disillusion when it became clear that no rapid change would be coming.
Ah... perhaps your character does not yet believe that your team can make a difference to anyone? All this training is good for the practice, but the idea of helping others as a force of justice is something she really needs to see to be believed? Because if that's the case, your team will have just one more reason to succeed. Perhaps the most important reason of all - faith!

This begs the question - is your bird babe a team player? Will she go along with the rest of the group most of the time?
Yes. And if she isn't yet, she'll change until she is before the game starts, simple as that. Might switch nihilist for something more team-oriented, for example, if I feel like it wouldn't work out.

1) Nature: anarchist. Demeanor: Nihilist. At least for the time being!
Scratch that - I shall replace nihilist with conformist. Feels more in line with what I am envisioning. Doesn't mean more enthusiasm for the grand vision of others that haven't changed anything in years - but people shut up when you do your part, whether enthusiastically or not. That's how society works, right? Well, at least for her, for now.
Ah... perhaps your character does not yet believe that your team can make a difference to anyone? All this training is good for the practice, but the idea of helping others as a force of justice is something she really needs to see to be believed? Because if that's the case, your team will have just one more reason to succeed. Perhaps the most important reason of all - faith!
For her, the training might just be a distraction from the fact that nothing is ever accomplished. All those grand ideas, and then... Nothing. Sure others might think that it's all gonna be different in San and, but heck - it'll be the same everywhere. Such is the world, with its rules and dusty ideas of society.

For her, the training might just be a distraction from the fact that nothing is ever accomplished. All those grand ideas, and then... Nothing. Sure others might think that it's all gonna be different in San and, but heck - it'll be the same everywhere. Such is the world, with its rules and dusty ideas of society.
Silanon Silanon May I offer a minor language correction? San Francisco is often referred to as "San Fran." But not San. San means "saint" in Spanish and there are many other popular cities out there with the word as part of their name. Like San Antonio, Texas, and San Jose, California. If one simply says, "San," then how do they know which one you mean? =)

Re: Archetypes. Sounds good to me! One thing I like about Archetypes is that they are mutable. As time goes by, some people grow and become different people while others don't. If your "Gloomy Birb" ("birb" intentionally misspelled as it's a term of affection in some circles. Like "kitty" for cats) is gloomy now, then perhaps Chinatown is what she needs to have a broader view of the world? From there, her perspective could go anywhere or remain the same!

Some of our other players are eager to roll dice, but I want to make certain you're caught up here in chat and happy with what you've made so far before I do that. Plus, you're a team in-game, right? I would like you all rolling dice at (roughly) the same time together out-of-game! This way, no one is left feeling like they're holding up the group. Instead, you're all at (again, roughly) the same spot in character creation and can thus help each other out and enjoy this process together.

As I recently told a good friend concerning travel, the journey really is just as important as the destination!

Silanon Silanon May I offer a minor language correction? San Francisco is often referred to as "San Fran." But not San. San means "saint" in Spanish and there are many other popular cities out there with the word as part of their name. Like San Antonio, Texas, and San Jose, California. If one simply says, "San," then how do they know which one you mean? =)
Thanks for the remark! What actually happened was that the autocorrect of my mobile swallowed the Francisco without me noticing - but I'll keep it in mind for the future =D

Some of our other players are eager to roll dice, but I want to make certain you're caught up here in chat and happy with what you've made so far before I do that. Plus, you're a team in-game, right? I would like you all rolling dice at (roughly) the same time together out-of-game! This way, no one is left feeling like they're holding up the group. Instead, you're all at (again, roughly) the same spot in character creation and can thus help each other out and enjoy this process together.
Lemme hold up the group for a bit longer - caught up, and I'm happy with my concept this far, but martial arts might or might change my perspective a little. Though at this point, it feels like I'm looking for the right one for an established concept, one never knows. Time for inspirational videos, didn't get to f those yet!

Thanks for the remark! What actually happened was that the autocorrect of my mobile swallowed the Francisco without me noticing - but I'll keep it in mind for the future =D
Ah! Autocorrect strikes again! Ha ha ha!! I can't tell you how many times it's gotten me! =)

Lemme hold up the group for a bit longer - caught up, and I'm happy with my concept this far, but martial arts might or might change my perspective a little. Though at this point, it feels like I'm looking for the right one for an established concept, one never knows. Time for inspirational videos, didn't get to f those yet!
No worries! Everyone has something to think about and there are still... yes, still... a handful of questions I may not have asked everyone just yet. Hmm! =)

More later. Enjoy your day, everybody!

Here are two: Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood (Sil has answered.) =)

1. Do you guys and gals want an NPC as part of your team? Another "rescue" who has been trained alongside you and who has their own viewpoints and goals? Or are the four of you happy... with just the four of you? =)

2. Do any of you have recommendations for a martial art system for Sil's hawk Mutant Animal? Or are we all bird-brains? Or any other ideas or observations for your flying teammate? C'mon and help a birb out! Hee hee!

3. Bonus question! Who else is happy that Sherwood found a better name for his elephant character than Dumbo?! =)

Last edited:
3. Bonus question! Who else is happy that Sherwood found a better name for his elephant character than Dumbo?! =)
Not sure, Dumbo would've matched the suggested clothing style quite well!
1. Do you guys and gals want an NPC as part of your team? Another "rescue" who has been trained alongside you and who has their own viewpoints and goals? Or are the four of you happy... with just the four of you? =)
Not sure - I feel like 4 people might be enough, but it's always awesome to have your characters around...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back