• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

In the Dojo (O.O.C. Chat - Session Zero)

Hey, lady! I still want to know your character's ethnic heritage, please. If you posted it, I missed it? Tigers come from all over Asia. China, Vietnam, Cambodia, everywhere basically except for the islands (Japan, Philippines - they were once there, but they went extinct). Where do you want your tiger ancestry to come from? You're going to Chinatown, how about China?
Sorry, I thought I posted this earlier. How about a Bengal Tiger from the India/Pakistan area, brought over to a zoo before getting acquired by our mysterious benefactor?

Regarding the tusks, depending on what background I get will determine if I buy them without having to drop my size to be smaller than I’m wanting. Depending on how things go, my rough draft has a size of either a 14 or 12.

As for my combat style, I’m thinking Tai Chi or aikido. Probably the tai chi

I can see it now. Passive resistance meets Hulk smash. I have a feeling your character will be scary when angry.

Pretty much. I’m picturing someone slow to action, thinking deeply about what is going on before committing to any action. Once he has decided that action is required, he it’s an unstoppable juggernaut.

Sorry, I thought I posted this earlier. How about a Bengal Tiger from the India/Pakistan area, brought over to a zoo before getting acquired by our mysterious benefactor?
India/Pakistan? Sure! =) As for the zoo part, I think I can do a little better than that - something that you might find more fun than just a stinky old zoo with kids who throw peanuts at you to get you to growl at them so they can take Polaroids of you. Unless that's what you really want? =)

Regarding the tusks, depending on what background I get will determine if I buy them without having to drop my size to be smaller than I’m wanting. Depending on how things go, my rough draft has a size of either a 14 or 12.
Jeez! Your character is going to be quite difficult to hide or move and easier than the others to chase. But if that's what you want, I can take a look at it.

I can see it now. Passive resistance meets Hulk smash. I have a feeling your character will be scary when angry.
If he's into Tai Chi, he might not get angry, but instead filled with focused resolve. Did either of you check out those videos I posted for you from The Warrior Within?

I have not looked at them yet, but I’m still at work and I’m not supposed to be watching videos on my phone. Heck, I’m being bad just posting. lol

I have not looked at them yet, but I’m still at work and I’m not supposed to be watching videos on my phone. Heck, I’m being bad just posting. lol
Careful. You're still new to that job, right? =)

1. Same as Sherwood. What book are you looking at for these?
2. more aggressive than our elephant, perhaps relying upon him to be his voice of reason and not let him go running off gung-ho?
3. Scrupulous
4. Tiger
5. spliced with human DNA in utero, and born humanoid
6. more martial in his education, with the elite militia background
7. Fu-Chiao Pai/Tiger Claw Kung Fu
Psychie Psychie Did you choose Archetypes yet? Or did you want to? It's optional, but recommended.

Same question for Sherwood Sherwood Remember, Archetypes aren't set in stone - I'll take into account that folks are new to the idea. =)

I am going with Penitent and Guru for my elephant guy.

Can I go ahead and roll for my education background? I want to start to pick some skills for this fellow.

I am going with Penitent and Guru for my elephant guy.
Sherwood Sherwood Thanks for the Archetypes. Which is his Nature and which is his Demeanor?

Can I go ahead and roll for my education background? I want to start to pick some skills for this fellow.
Love your enthusiasm, Bud, but like I told Psychie not even 4 hours ago...
While I thank you greatly for your energy (really!), I'd like to hear more from Kaerri here (I'm not certain who or what she wants to play yet) and a little more from Silanon (to further cement the same). I only have a strong idea of what two of you want to play. =)

You're welcome to start making a list of Skills you're interested for your elephant guy. You're also welcome to create his name, etc. Also, I realize you didn't provide an Ethnic Heritage for your elephant? Asian? African? Provide a country, please.

Found my papers. I went with Rebel and Survivor for my two.
Sweet! Thank you! Have a name yet? Do you mind if I ask you to narrow that Ethnic Heritage down between Indian Tiger and Pakistani Tiger (they really are very different countries in some ways)?

Plus, I don't know well-enough how Skills work in After the Bomb yet. Time to learn more!

You're welcome to start making a list of Skills you're interested for your elephant guy. You're also welcome to create his name, etc. Also, I realize you didn't provide an Ethnic Heritage for your elephant? Asian? African? Provide a country, please.
I'll go with African elephant for good ol' Dumbo here. No, that's not his permanent name, but I'm still forming him in my mind and wanted to call him something.

I'll go with African elephant for good ol' Dumbo here. No, that's not his permanent name, but I'm still forming him in my mind and wanted to call him something.
Dumbo! Hah!
dumbo GIF by Disney

Plus, I don't know well-enough how Skills work in After the Bomb yet. Time to learn more!
It looks to me like you roll percentage dice to get your background. From there, you are given a possible Apprenticeship (not all Backgrounds get them), Primary and Secondary Skills, and then Special Bonuses which seems to be a mix of more Bio-E and stat bonuses to work with.

One thing that I've noticed is that in After the Bomb not all the Backgrounds come with enough skills to select to be able to get a Martial Art style over Expert. If Raised on the Frontier comes up, it will put a crimp in the Martial Art department.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back