• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

In the Dojo (O.O.C. Chat - Session Zero)

It didn’t seem to have any kind of restriction on it that I saw. I’ll double check in the book once I get home. If not, I’ll think of something to do with those points.
Sherwood Sherwood The number one reason I'm asking is for the sake of accuracy; I don't mind being wrong, but I do mind being inaccurate. I will know when I have my books in front of me again.

Until then, don't make any changes?

Waitaminnit. Isn't that part only for Indian elephants? Moyo is African.

It didn’t seem to have any kind of restriction on it that I saw. I’ll double check in the book once I get home. If not, I’ll think of something to do with those points.
Book says:

10 BIO-E for Extra Limb: Prehensile Trunk (special): The trunk serves as an additional partial hand (in Indian Elephants, the top part of the nostril at the end of the trunk serves as a "finger"). The trunk will be long enough for the character to touch the ground with the tip of the trunk without bending over. P.S. is that of the elephant.
15 BIO-E for Extra Limb: Advanced Prehensile Trunk (special): At the end of the trunk are the equivalent of three strong fingers, two on top, one on the bottom. The bottom finger functions as a "thumb," which means the end of the trunk works as a full hand. Retains its P.S.

I get the impression that the mention of Indian Elephants is by way of example, not restriction, especially since there's no mention of them in the Advanced version. I suspect it's phrased that way because according to the main Elephant description, there are no African elephants known to be in North America (presumably they're all Indian?).

WWF-UK (World Wide Fund for Nature) says African elephants have two "fingers" on their trunk, as compared to Indian (they call them Asian) elephants having one.
Zoo Atlanta confirms the two "fingers" of African elephants, and mentions that their dexterity is good enough to pick up a single blade of grass, and gentle enough to grab a tortilla chip without breaking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back