• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hunter X Hunter (Detailed)

[QUOTE="Nenma Takashi]Yeah I get what ypur saying and with the way you put it I now feel like Naomi is an extreme version of Gon. Maybe even a less extreme Hisoko as both loved fighting strong people except Naomi isn't getting too hot and bothered by the idea of fighting someone strong.

[/QUOTE]
Really? Well I guess so, but I saw your character being somewhat more of a female goku of sorts. Someone who is constantly thriving to push themselves beyond their own limits and is willing (or wanting) to fight someone that could be stronger than her.

But I guess in a way Gon is like that too, just he isn't really focused on technique like Goku.

[QUOTE="Nenma Takashi]Yeah I get what ypur saying and with the way you put it I now feel like Naomi is an extreme version of Gon. Maybe even a less extreme Hisoko as both loved fighting strong people except Naomi isn't getting too hot and bothered by the idea of fighting someone strong.

[/QUOTE]
As said a while back, I view Niklas as the Hisoka figure in this RP. While he doesn't get a kick out of fighting, he does enjoyed manipulating people and watching how they grow, change, and adapt. Ultimately, he's trying to find someone who's strong enough to endure the manipulation to the very end, as in killing their most loved ones, and then coming out on top and stronger than before. Ideally, they try to hunt him down and kill him, or less ideal but equally beneficial, become like him and continue to spread the chaos. Maybe Niklas will eventually get a kick for fighting, but for now he's fine with enjoying the thrill of a kill, no matter how hard or easy it was.

But to your first point, I do see what you mean with Naomi being a Gon like character, as many of the traits do line up.

[QUOTE="Sinister Clown]I can't disagree there, he's shown he is willing to lay down pretty much anything for a friend which sorta makes him a hero to his friends eyes. In all honesty though I think that slight bit of evil in him is what makes him a better protagonist. Instead of being your average pure-of-heart guy who does everything right without really struggling with making right decisions Gon actually comes off more human than anything when he shows that anger inside of him and is willing to kill the person he is fighting...It's different which I like.
as for him being someone who is 'just there that is sorta unfortunately the case, but that's sorta how the author wanted it to be - hence why out of most character's in HxH Gon looks the most 'simple' in a lot of ways. He wanted to make everyone else seem more interesting than the protagonist and he often writes as if he is ready to kill him off at any time (Hence a lot of the best moments in HxH) but he is still the main character of the anime so yeah xD

[/QUOTE]
I really can't argue with that statement. Considering that I liked Hisoka from the start just due to insane killer clown, and that, while Gon was amusing, I mainly looked forward to the parts where Hisoka showed up, I can see where that statement is coming from.

Exanis said:
As said a while back, I view Niklas as the Hisoka figure in this RP. While he doesn't get a kick out of fighting, he does enjoyed manipulating people and watching how they grow, change, and adapt. Ultimately, he's trying to find someone who's strong enough to endure the manipulation to the very end, as in killing their most loved ones, and then coming out on top and stronger than before. Ideally, they try to hunt him down and kill him, or less ideal but equally beneficial, become like him and continue to spread the chaos. Maybe Niklas will eventually get a kick for fighting, but for now he's fine with enjoying the thrill of a kill, no matter how hard or easy it was.
But to your first point, I do see what you mean with Naomi being a Gon like character, as many of the traits do line up.

I really can't argue with that statement. Considering that I liked Hisoka from the start just due to insane killer clown, and that, while Gon was amusing, I mainly looked forward to the parts where Hisoka showed up, I can see where that statement is coming from.
Yeah, honestly I didn't really start liking Gon until around the part they go to NGL and shit goes down - I was a lot more interested in Hisoka's story as well and since I generally tend to like antagonists more than Protags..The fact Hisoka is probably one of the only unique antagonists out there in Shounen nowdays was refreshing and awesome - especially since my favorite comic book villain is the Joker..Which ironically is also a Clown.

I hate the predisposed notion that the good guys always have to win. Really, I prefer morally ambiguous characters that are willing to slaughter each other to further their respective goals, but also are willing to work together for a common goal. Y'know, like normal goddamn humans.

And, y'know, people like Hisoka.

[QUOTE="Nenma Takashi]Too many ready for this ready bad pun in three two one there's just too many SINISTER CLOWNS!!!! *KILL ME!!!!!*

[/QUOTE]
Also, I'm sure you'll be doing that for me.

Exanis said:
I hate the predisposed notion that the good guys always have to win. Really, I prefer morally ambiguous characters that are willing to slaughter each other to further their respective goals, but also are willing to work together for a common goal. Y'know, like normal goddamn humans.
And, y'know, people like Hisoka.

Also, I'm sure you'll be doing that for me.
So do I, which is why I generally hate most protagonists in general xD It's also the main reason I love Hunter X hunter so much, ever since I've watched it I've sorta gotten higher standards for other Rp's because of it (Although I must say some new ones like Tokyo ghoul are good in that aspect as well.) and why I can't FREAKING WAIT FOR IT TO COME BACK OUT!!!! >.<

Which apparently was meant to be this year, but idk...It's been a looong ass time before Togashi wrote anything.

[QUOTE="Sinister Clown]So do I, which is why I generally hate most protagonists in general xD It's also the main reason I love Hunter X hunter so much, ever since I've watched it I've sorta gotten higher standards for other Rp's because of it (Although I must say some new ones like Tokyo ghoul are good in that aspect as well.) and why I can't FREAKING WAIT FOR IT TO COME BACK OUT!!!! >.<
Which apparently was meant to be this year, but idk...It's been a looong ass time before Togashi wrote anything.

[/QUOTE]
Tbh, I haven't watched Tokyo Ghoul. Probably should, as I probably should have watched many things but eh.

Exanis said:
Tbh, I haven't watched Tokyo Ghoul. Probably should, as I probably should have watched many things but eh.
Honestly, I'd say you are better off reading the Manga because the anime and manga end up differing A LOT and if you watch the anime first it's going to be really hard to get into the Manga properly since you'll have to start from the beginning again because of how they changed things around. Originally Tokyo ghoul season one was just to show off the manga and get more people interested into reading it and after that there was meant to be no more - and because of that they done a lot of weird things like switching arcs around. (One arc happens before another and it's all jumbled up and weird but you'd never notice it without reading the manga first) and season 2 goes way differently than the manga entirely. Actually the anime is following a whole different story-line to the Manga but from what I heard from my cousin who reads it solid the Manga is reallllyy good.

(I've been told a lot of what happens, the author often hides tarot card symbols in his writing if you know what they are so that was really cool to find out and the amount of innuendo's, plot-twists and shit hitting the fan it's been popular for a good reason. It's another anime where the main character isn't really at all what you expect - but even more so as the story progresses..I recommend reading it tbh xD

Man fuck the Phantom Troupe I just rewatched the Auction Arc as I like to call it and man they don't deserve to be as cool as they are. I shouldn't feel things for these guys but I do I like them they are so cool!

[QUOTE="Sinister Clown]Anything really, write your characters thoughts about the hunter exam Or why he wants to be a hunter.

[/QUOTE]
That doesn't help o: But I'll try something soon.

Mitchs98 said:
Well all that is about to happen is the blimp landing and getting to the hunters exam so write about a post preparing for that.

Mitchs98 said:
My character is free if you wanna interact with someone. They are pretty standoffish though so you'd have to kind of go out of your way a little to get them talking.

AtlannianSpy said:
My character is free if you wanna interact with someone. They are pretty standoffish though so you'd have to kind of go out of your way a little to get them talking.
A frying pan to the everywhere generally helps motivate.

Lol jk. I'll need to read ur sheet.

Mitchs98 said:
A frying pan to the everywhere generally helps motivate.
Lol jk. I'll need to read ur sheet.
Well I mean that would definitely be a way to encourage interaction, probably would result in a bit more than talking though.

Okay, like I'm sorry guys. But I just came home from an extended shift(eleven hours straight). I will try to write a post but if it doesn't come out in the next two hours, it'll come out tomorrow.

Omg I'm so sorry... ;~;

It might be better for you guys to go ahead. I didn't make much progress in writing... or anything in the past few days actually hahaha

Besides, it may be easier for me once a couple things are set underway and I have more of a scene to introduce myself with.

[QUOTE="Nenma Takashi]Man these hunter exams better start soon or I'll go on a hype induced rampage!

[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean but I don't want to leave anyone behind, since this is a relatively small Rp I feel it's essential to try keep everyone up to speed with what is going on but with what Otaku said I think I know an alternative so we don't have to delay the Hunter Exams any longer.

Otakuyaki said:
Omg I'm so sorry... ;~;
It might be better for you guys to go ahead. I didn't make much progress in writing... or anything in the past few days actually hahaha

Besides, it may be easier for me once a couple things are set underway and I have more of a scene to introduce myself with.
In that case, would you mind giving me permission to semi-bunny your character in a sense (Meaning I may mention him having passed certain things and still keep his character somewhat relative to what is going on) until you are able to get a post in? Also, if you don't mind when you do find time to get posting maybe try refer to the earlier stages of the Hunter exam and what it might have been like for him? Since I won't really be controlling your character at all but depending on how long it takes for you to find time to post the Hunter's exam might be already finished.

[QUOTE="Sinister Clown]I know what you mean but I don't want to leave anyone behind, since this is a relatively small Rp I feel it's essential to try keep everyone up to speed with what is going on but with what Otaku said I think I know an alternative so we don't have to delay the Hunter Exams any longer.
In that case, would you mind giving me permission to semi-bunny your character in a sense (Meaning I may mention him having passed certain things and still keep his character somewhat relative to what is going on) until you are able to get a post in? Also, if you don't mind when you do find time to get posting maybe try refer to the earlier stages of the Hunter exam and what it might have been like for him? Since I won't really be controlling your character at all but depending on how long it takes for you to find time to post the Hunter's exam might be already finished.

[/QUOTE]
omg that quickly? I just posted a little bit, but you can bunny my character to the exam if you want. :3

Otakuyaki said:
omg that quickly? I just posted a little bit, but you can bunny my character to the exam if you want. :3
Mmm, well the Hunter Exams will be fairly short since most of the HxH rp's I've come across usually never get beyond that point before going inactive which I wouldn't mind trying to avoid. :3

Ohhh snap you mf know what this means it means on the next episode the hunter exams will begin I'm talking!

Episode 1 The Hunter Exams Begin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back