• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hunter X Hunter (Detailed)

[QUOTE="Nenma Takashi]Ugh stop with these honey coated words! Sin you taking the next post or can I go ahead and respond now?

[/QUOTE]
I am away from my comp rn so I wont be posting until a little later so go for it

I heard there's thing called hitting but I've yet to try it. You seem to be doing fine with this whole talking thing though so it may just be me.

Eh, the hitting method takes too much effort to truly be effective at times.

Other times it's the best method.

I will wait to allow Sinister a chance to but in and meme at us, then I shall continue my meme train of manipulation.

Silly fool, you don't even realize the vastness of my meme power.

EVERYTHING IS A TRAIN!

BECAUSE I LIKE THEM!

@Otakuyaki @Mitchs98 Hey, not trying to be too rushy or anything but I don't want to be spending too much time on the blimp as I want to get through the Hunter Exams pretty much as fast as possible which can't happen until all character intro's have been done. So if you two could get your intro's in as soon as you could that would be great.

Sinister Clown] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11513-otakuyaki/ said:
@Otakuyaki[/URL] @Mitchs98 Hey, not trying to be too rushy or anything but I don't want to be spending too much time on the blimp as I want to get through the Hunter Exams pretty much as fast as possible which can't happen until all character intro's have been done. So if you two could get your intro's in as soon as you could that would be great.
I-I...I forgot o:

Man we are so unlike the main characters in HxH it's unbelievable, they didn't sit around trying to pick apart each other's brains. If anything I feel we're the villains.

Yes hello murdering psychopath who's favorite pastime is to induce stockholm syndrome into everyone around him, then promptly either get them to kill their loved ones, themselves, or kill them himself.

That doesn't sound like a villain at all.

[QUOTE="Nenma Takashi]Man we are so unlike the main characters in HxH it's unbelievable, they didn't sit around trying to pick apart each other's brains. If anything I feel we're the villains.

[/QUOTE]
Meh, the only two 'good-hearted' protagonists in all honesty was probably Leorio (Maybe Killua). Gon has a really twisted sense of morality (HELLO HE IS FRIENDS WITH HISOKA!!), Killua is a prophet-child from a family of professional assassins and before episode 1 even started had already killed dozens of people (If not more).

I'd say Gon is fairly morally ambiguous, which is understandable considering that Hunters do all kinds of fucked up shit. Still doesn't mean he doesn't fit the role of a hero. He wouldn't really fit as a villain for multiple reasons, biggest one being that he doesn't enjoy killing. That really is a clear cut show of a villain, or at least the makings of one in my opinion.

Exanis said:
I'd say Gon is fairly morally ambiguous, which is understandable considering that Hunters do all kinds of fucked up shit. Still doesn't mean he doesn't fit the role of a hero. He wouldn't really fit as a villain for multiple reasons, biggest one being that he doesn't enjoy killing. That really is a clear cut show of a villain, or at least the makings of one in my opinion.
Maybe not yet, but you have to remember he is still young and it's often pretty rare for a child to be into killing (With the exception of Killua and his family but they have a solid excuse.) however you can't deny Gon has a love in fighting, and he has shown a few times that he doesn't mind taking it to extreme extends (Greed Island, NGL) although that is usually because something happens to HIM. Hisoka is just about as bad as most villains he has fought yet do you ever really see Gon trying to serve him any justice? My point is his moral system is completely one-sided, and there has never really been any point in the anime maybe besides the start that he doesn't enjoy killing. I would explain a little more but I'd be letting out spoiler's so depending on if you have seen the whole thing yet I'd say take a deeper look into what's actually happening rather than just looking from the point of view it's made around. (Gon's.)

It's sorta like how Goku in all realism is a pretty terrible hero as well - considering most of the fights he get's into to 'save' earth he ends up tearing it up in the process; killing plenty of people in the process (Especially the fights within the Capsule City etc.)

[QUOTE="Sinister Clown]Maybe not yet, but you have to remember he is still young and it's often pretty rare for a child to be into killing (With the exception of Killua and his family but they have a solid excuse.) however you can't deny Gon has a love in fighting, and he has shown a few times that he doesn't mind taking it to extreme extends (Greed Island, NGL) although that is usually because something happens to HIM. Hisoka is just about as bad as most villains he has fought yet do you ever really see Gon trying to serve him any justice? My point is his moral system is completely one-sided, and there has never really been any point in the anime maybe besides the start that he doesn't enjoy killing. I would explain a little more but I'd be letting out spoiler's so depending on if you have seen the whole thing yet I'd say take a deeper look into what's actually happening rather than just looking from the point of view it's made around. (Gon's.)
It's sorta like how Goku in all realism is a pretty terrible hero as well - considering most of the fights he get's into to 'save' earth he ends up tearing it up in the process; killing plenty of people in the process (Especially the fights within the Capsule City etc.)

[/QUOTE]
I've watch the whole thing, and I do know what you are talking about. And I agree, it's mainly because he's a kid that he really can't be classified yet. And I'm willing to state that he truly isn't a hero by choice, but a hero by circumstance, especially considering that the whole driving force of the show was him trying to find his father, which meant he needed to get stronger. Honestly, you've covered most of the bases on it. I suppose he really is just someone who's there.

Yeah I get what ypur saying and with the way you put it I now feel like Naomi is an extreme version of Gon. Maybe even a less extreme Hisoko as both loved fighting strong people except Naomi isn't getting too hot and bothered by the idea of fighting someone strong.

Exanis said:
I've watch the whole thing, and I do know what you are talking about. And I agree, it's mainly because he's a kid that he really can't be classified yet. And I'm willing to state that he truly isn't a hero by choice, but a hero by circumstance, especially considering that the whole driving force of the show was him trying to find his father, which meant he needed to get stronger. Honestly, you've covered most of the bases on it. I suppose he really is just someone who's there.
I can't disagree there, he's shown he is willing to lay down pretty much anything for a friend which sorta makes him a hero to his friends eyes. In all honesty though I think that slight bit of evil in him is what makes him a better protagonist. Instead of being your average pure-of-heart guy who does everything right without really struggling with making right decisions Gon actually comes off more human than anything when he shows that anger inside of him and is willing to kill the person he is fighting...It's different which I like.

as for him being someone who is 'just there that is sorta unfortunately the case, but that's sorta how the author wanted it to be - hence why out of most character's in HxH Gon looks the most 'simple' in a lot of ways. He wanted to make everyone else seem more interesting than the protagonist and he often writes as if he is ready to kill him off at any time (Hence a lot of the best moments in HxH) but he is still the main character of the anime so yeah xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back