• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Hoard of the Dragon Queen (D&D 5e) - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
If people are having trouble deciding, we seem to be light on front light characters. So far I think I'm the only one, if we have a Warlock, a Monk, a Ranger, and (maybe?) a Druid.

A Paladin or a Barbarian would be a nice add-on to the party to help round us out, but 5e makes that by no means necessary.

Yeah I was definitely thinking of a duelist type ranger
WlfSamurai WlfSamurai
Okay, great. Have you looked at the races and chosen a race?

While you consider races, you have your standard array for stats (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8). Start by assigning those to the stats that make sense for your Ranger. Are you familiar with what the stats represent and do?

Yes I have basic knowledge from 4e are any of the stat effects changed in 5e?

Yes I have basic knowledge from 4e are any of the stat effects changed in 5e?
Perfect! No, they're the same, essentially.

So, choose your race. Mark the stat changes that race gives you and it's abilities. Then, go find your class and mark down your proficiencies and abilities from levels 1-5. You get max HP at 1st leve, then average at every level after.

Are there specific questions that you have, as well?

Not really if the devs kept most of the character mechanics from 4e I should be good

Yeah, you'll find that 5e is a little bit simpler. One thing to know, the backgrounds part of character creation is different.

Hey, JayTee JayTee , can I get you guys to add your background stuff? You know, the personality traits, flaws, bond, etc.? Unless it's already there and I'm missing it...
I normall like to let this stuff develop in-game rather than on a sheet. That said if it's necessary for some plans you have, I can give a rough outline.

I normall like to let this stuff develop in-game rather than on a sheet. That said if it's necessary for some plans you have, I can give a rough outline.
I’m totally fine with that. I’d prefer it, actually after thinking on it. I just always took it as rote. Let’s do that.

Edit: you know me. That’s how I play everything.

True enough. Any idea on how soon we'll be able to get started? I'm super looking forward to this~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back