• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern High School Mellodrama

"Okay!" Nicol shouts back and grabs Carly's hand pulling her towards the booth at the back of the room where it was still loud but they could talk at a normal volume and hear each other.

"Soooo what is it?" She giggles excitedly.

"I'm not a virgin." She mumbles under her breath and then quickly starts making dinner for them. "You okay with grilled cheese?" She asks trying to clear the subject (@vinebeck)

"Can you turn some music on? Just grab the remote by your hand and hit play" She says smiling and a second later, "We Don't Have To Dance" by Andy Black starts playing throughout the kitchen (@vinebeck)

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks at him and just shakes her head, smiling softly before putting a grilled cheese on his plate. "There ya go!" (@vinebeck)

Carly covers Nicol's eyes,

"No peeking!" She said as she put a baby blue bracelet on Nicol's wrist saying 'N+C, Bff's 4 ever'.

"Okay! You can open them!"

She said, giggling in excitement.

@xnicolx

Nicol opens her eyes and looks down at wrist. Her eyes widen and she smiles brightly.

"Aww Carly this is sooo cute!" She twists her wrist around showing it off. "I love it!" She giggles hugging Carly. "We're going to be best friends forever!"

Carly hugs her, and then shows her own matching bracelet only Carly's bracelet was baby pink.

"I PROMISE we're going to be best friends forever! Even if one of us changes schools! Or if one of us has to move! These bracelets have the power to hold us together!"

---The Argument---

2 years later...

"Why Nicci? Why? Why were you hiding stuff from me?! Do you NOT trust me with your secrets?!"

Carly said, tears pouring out of her eyes.

@xnicolx

Nicol's eyesight starts to blur.

"Carly.." She begins her voice shaking, she clears her throat and starts again avoiding eye contact.

"It's not because I don't trust you.. It's just I didn't know what you would think of me. I was scared if you found out you wouldn't like me anymore.." She trails off tears spilling out of her eyes.

"Oh, so you think I'm some judgemental bitch towards you?! Never and I mean NEVER would judge you based on everything you told me!"

Carly said,

"Why would you think that?!"

@xnicolx

She wipes her eyes with her sleeve, and sighs sadly.

"It wasn't as simple as that." She keeps her voice calm but quiet. "I didn't know what to do then." She looks up for the first time. "Carly I wanted to tell you I really did, but it never felt like the right time."

Carly look at Nicol, looking severely hurt.

"THEN YOU CAN FORGET ABOUT THIS!"

She screamed, breaking Nicol's friendship bracelet from her and then slamming it onto the floor, she then ran off, bawling.

@xnicolx

"No, Carly!" She reaches out to grab her hand to stop her from leaving but Carly had already gone. She looks down watching her tears fall onto the remains of the bracelet. I was going to tell you. She sighs bending down to pick up the pieces of the bracelet which almost felt like her trying to pick up the pieces of what little friendship they had left. After picking up what she could and putting it into her pocket she followed the direction Carly went in.

Carly had snapped out of spacing out about their memories,

"...Hopefully, you'll find someone esle whose name starts with a C, and likes pink..."

She said, simply dropping the two bracelets on the ground and started walking to school again.

@xnicolx

She contiunes along the path once again finding herself looking down at her feet. She holds her stomach feeling uneasy, she hadn't seen Carly show any other emotion other than hatred or self satisfaction for a long time so seeing her so upset was unusual. Out of the corner of her eye she sees two familiar bracelets. Not having the heart to leave them she bends down to pick them up. It's like I'm on lost and found duty today. She sighs putting the bracelets into her bag along with the notebook and continues into the main doors of school heading towards her locker.

Cory gave a short, determined sigh as she looked at her new high school. She wore a galaxy-print messenger bag that held most of her belongings, and she wore a black hoodie, the hood pulled over her head, revealing a lock of dirty-blonde hair and green eyes. Cory was afraid, to be honest, but she knew she wouldn't fit in. She hadn't since the day she had to start moving around a lot. Making friends was hard, so she mostly kept to herself and to her studies.

Cory walked into the building and looked around, taking in almost every inch of the place. She opened her map and headed towards her locker, which was circled in bold red marker on the map.

Mikey woke up on his sofa. He must've passed out after going tagging (graffiting) last night. He hopped into the shower before brushing his teeth changing into black jeans, a MCR shirt and a black hoodie. He combed his black hair with his fingers and packed his bag. Pens, pencils, spraypaint cans, a packet of potato chips and a spare guitar pick.

He picked up his phone and headphones up from the table before putting on his playlist. He put his blue v shaped guitar around his shoulder and put his pack on his back before opening the front indoor and walking to school

Nicol opens her locker and grabs her history books. She her gaze falls onto an old photo stuck on the inside of the door, it was of her and Carly. She sighs, holding back the tears. It's not worth your tears Nicol. She stays in front of the locker for a bit lost in thought.

She managed to find her locker alright, carefully unlocking it and emptying her books and unneeded things from her bag to her locker, being wary of the time even though she was early. She wanted to sit outside for a while before the first bell and draw for a bit.

She snaps out of her daydreaming and shuts the locker door after putting her bag on. She walks down the corridor and sneaks into the changing rooms hoping no one was there.

Cory grabed her notebook, which she primarily used for songwriting and sketches, and headed outside to a nearby tree. She was lucky that no one was around yet; she didn't want anyone to see her lyrics or her sketches.

Michael saw more people going into the school. Be kept to himself outside, reading. He was honestly scared to run into Nicol again. He wanted to make her feel better about what happened but he couldn't find the words. He just leaned back on the bench and sighed. Looking at his book about 'the butcher'. He opened it and began to read. The book often changes his feeling of the people around him. Whenever he sees a bully, he automatically turns to the book. It made him thinks of all the ways he could cause them pain.

Cory sighed, opening her notebook and leafing through the years of ruffled papers that she had either pasted in or stapled in, seeing her artwork develop as she flipped the pages. It was amazing how far she had come and the memories she had made, especially with old friends. She flipped to a special picture of one of her heroes; Alan Rickman. Known for Diehard and Harry Potter, she had always looked up to him. His passing had a profound effect on her, even though she seemed like a "happy" person all the time.

She looks at herself in the mirror she had done more crying in two days than she would in two months. She sighs getting out her makeup bag and applying more makeup trying to cover the evidence of the tears. Her grip loosens slightly on the bag and it falls onto the floor, she takes a deep breath in and picks it all up. The day hasn't even begun and I've made a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back