• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heroes of Driesen(CLOSED)

Reznor said:
What?!?!? I said he could be used to retrieve a battleplan, that doesn't mean he is going to constantly have to defend the hosts body due to him being in control. And I also stated earlier that he has other powers, one of which is to be able to lift four hundred pound objects with his mind as long as they are not living beings, and another which turns him into a ghastly being and boosts his psychic ability.
So, you're saying he can't make somebody kill themself because if that body dies, he dies too. And yet he can control somebody and they can die, and he'll somehow be fine? I don't think you read my earlier criticisms, because I explained it well.

The system of rules concerning the character are very contradictory, and either make him far overpowered, or pretty much worthless. Lifting objects doesn't really mean anything in an arena with people that could immediately snap their fingers and kill him.

62bd7c795bc1d2dce1a2a378d9a95585.png
?

I think it works like it sounds. He controls somebody (Winning control, again.. I guess depending on the will-power of said person.) He can do what he want for a certain time, This could be espionage, unlocking stuff, stealing stuff, change combat plans for the enemies, all of that.. And yes, if he in the span of the time he can control said person, he could possibly make them kill themselves, by calculating the timing right.. But he does come with the disadvantage of if they die while he is in control he dies too, not to mention he is vulnerable while he is mind controlling somebody, I am sure if his original body dies, he is pretty much dead too, no?

Sigismund said:
I think it works like it sounds. He controls somebody (Winning control, again.. I guess depending on the will-power of said person.) He can do what he want for a certain time, This could be espionage, unlocking stuff, stealing stuff, change combat plans for the enemies, all of that.. And yes, if he in the span of the time he can control said person, he could possibly make them kill themselves, by calculating the timing right.. But he does come with the disadvantage of if they die while he is in control he dies too, not to mention he is vulnerable while he is mind controlling somebody, I am sure if his original body dies, he is pretty much dead too, no?
Ye

Sigismund said:
Yes, but he could just hide his body, get in a character, and make them run up to a monster undefended or jump off a high place before immediately teleporting back to his old body.

I would also guess that the mind control is only to a certain range.. Within line of sight/ His Emotion Absorption? And I am sure that to some degree, there might be hints of a person being mind controlled? Eyes going blank, awkward movement (Trying to mind control an orc chief while you're a small human is surely not an easy thing to get used to being bigger, bulkier and such.) Not to mention again, it doesn't mean it is a 100% success all the time, the spell could even backfire if he say.. Used it on a powerful wizard or.. If it works on non-humanoids, a dragon is certainly not a feat possibly until he becomes a master in it.

And pretty much everybody's a powerful wizard or high being. That means it'd be really tough if possible to control anybody. Or, there's no limit, and he becomes godlike.

LordOfThePitch said:
Yes, but he could just hide his body, get in a character, and make them run up to a monster undefended or jump off a high place before immediately teleporting back to his old body.
That's just completely dumb story wise. Just because I can do something does not mean that I should... And there is not always a cliff or monster conveniently available to utilize...

It would matter, if others saw their boss and got whiff it was mind control, they could just restrain him/her/it, heck the more intelligent bad guys might go, "someone around is doing this, let'us find 'em!" In the end it has as many negatives as it has positives. We don't know what we are facing in Driesen, and again.. The adventure is.. At least in my belief the 80% of this roleplay, the tournaments is more for everyone to get their bearings and see each other..

Still, in the end it is up to Amber to make the decision if something is over-powered or not.

Brinie said:
That's just completely dumb story wise. Just because I can do something does not mean that I should... And there is not always a cliff or monster conveniently available to utilize...
I'm just saying that, if you're backed into a corner with no other option, clearly you'd do it. I'm sure everybody here would. That's just having common sense. And I'm pretty sure at least one of those are going to be available in the MONSTER ARENA.

Sigismund said:
It would matter, if others saw their boss and got whiff it was mind control, they could just restrain him/her/it, heck the more intelligent bad guys might go, "someone around is doing this, let'us find 'em!" In the end it has as many negatives as it has positives. We don't know what we are facing in Driesen, and again.. The adventure is.. At least in my belief the 80% of this roleplay, the tournaments is more for everyone to get their bearings and see each other..
Still, in the end it is up to Amber to make the decision if something is over-powered or not.
I suppose it is. I just wanted to at least get my point of view across.

Also the obsession with killing other characters in roleplays be it NPCs or OCs is very peculiar. It gets bland very quickly. I suppose I'll add some limitations, I did make it pretty clear that I did not want to use it to make other NPC's commit suicide in the little description blurb. I'll add limitations to make that even more clear since you don't seem to trust me enough. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Brinie said:
Also the obsession with killing other characters in roleplays be it NPCs or OCs is very peculiar. It gets bland very quickly. I suppose I'll add some limitations, I did make it pretty clear that I did not want to use it to make other NPC's commit suicide in the little description blurb. I'll add limitations to make that even more clear since you don't seem to trust me enough. :P
Sorry if it came off that way. I'm saying anybody would've done it if backed into a corner. And this is kind of about killing the others, so if you find that bland, I'm afraid you're in the wrong RP.

It comes with the fact that his body is completely defenseless, and I couldn't see him throwing someone off of a cliff and teleporting back since that is not in his range of abilities, The ability itself is something that is used for espionage and reconnaissance. So he relies on his other abilities in battle VIA levitating objects or the sand beneath his feet, if that answers your questions. And Sigismund made the point that the ability may backfire due to him not being able to control the hosts body.

Reznor said:
It comes with the fact that his body is completely defenseless, and I couldn't see him throwing someone off of a cliff and teleporting back since that is not in his range of abilities, The ability itself is something that is used for espionage and reconnaissance. So he relies on his other abilities in battle VIA levitating objects or the sand beneath his feet, if that answers your questions. And Sigismund made the point that the ability may backfire due to him not being able to control the hosts body.
That's definitely in his range of abilities, but, regardless, it isn't my choice to make.

LordOfThePitch said:
Sorry if it came off that way. I'm saying anybody would've done it if backed into a corner. And this is kind of about killing the others, so if you find that bland, I'm afraid you're in the wrong RP.
The roleplay is about a tournament were they are looking for strong participants and take the top 8-12 as Mercenaries for hire sort of thing, so we can't kill our characters off regardless.

Getting your view across is also important, and we should all remember a golden rule, roleplaying combat isn't about winning, it is about giving a show to everyone else.

Again I do not think it is about killing each other, sure some might die in a freak accident on the arena, but it is still an arena in a -city- More importantly, the capital city.

I am almost certain, Amber would have some magic folk near the Arena, at the ready to teleport people to safety/make a ward around them as they fall.. Depends on the whole idea Amber has with an Arena, doesn't mean it needs to be a bloody one, it's people here to show they can handle themselves, after all.

Trying to kill everyone else might just show you'r a tad bit too blood thirsty for the people who set up the expedition team, again! All of this is up to Amber.

And we are just here to make story and have fun, no need to bash each other if Amber gives people the A-okay sign, and if she deems later on something is a bit much, we change it.

The connection does not dissipate instantly after mind control ends, there is a brief 5 minute period where both the target and Shiro's fates are intertwined. If his target is slain during this period, so is he.

There. ( ;) )

Sigismund said:
Getting your view across is also important, and we should all remember a golden rule, roleplaying combat isn't about winning, it is about giving a show to everyone else.
Again I do not think it is about killing each other, sure some might die in a freak accident on the arena, but it is still an arena in a -city- More importantly, the capital city.

I am almost certain, Amber would have some magic folk near the Arena, at the ready to teleport people to safety/make a ward around them as they fall.. Depends on the whole idea Amber has with an Arena, doesn't mean it needs to be a bloody one, it's people here to show they can handle themselves, after all.

Trying to kill everyone else might just show you'r a tad bit too blood thirsty for the people who set up the expedition team, again! All of this is up to Amber.

And we are just here to make story and have fun, no need to bash each other if Amber gives people the A-okay sign, and if she deems later on something is a bit much, we change it.
I'm sorry, didn't it say we'd be fighting each other at some point?

Sigismund said:

Pretty much sums it up, the worry of Shiros mind control shouldn't be about him being able to kill someone really quickly since the main way to win is to incapacitate your opponent.

Brinie said:
The connection does not dissipate instantly after mind control ends, there is a brief 5 minute period where both the target and Shiro's fates are intertwined. If his target is slain during this period, so is he.
There. ( ;) )
I guess that makes it weaker, but also kind of makes it worthless. But, whatever. At this point, I'm just going to let the judgement come.

LordOfThePitch said:
Re-read the overview because I think you are misunderstanding the premise of the roleplay. All of our characters survive the arena, it is not a battle to the death... The first round is vs monsters gladiator style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back