• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heroes of Driesen(CLOSED)

[QUOTE="Amber KB]But I think the abilities are okay, so you can finish the job

[/QUOTE]
Cool. Writing her bio now.

Amber KB] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/36875-reznor/ said:
@Reznor[/URL] Is 11 later in age for a Mountain Goblin? I was trying to exclude children from the tournament and keep the age above 18. If your character is not a "child" in his culture, then it's okay. Just let me know.
They grow to about fifty five, However creatures like tigers start to mate at four or five years of age and I could use that same ideal to Ziegel if necessary.

LordOfThePitch said:
I'd say the parasyte would win. All they have to do is possess whoever they're fighting and make them commit suicide.
It was stated in the mind control ability that if the person dies whilst being controlled the parasite will have to wander endlessly, he still has other abilities however.

ekcC84P.gif

DemetrioMachete said:
If it is not too late, I had several ideas for characters that I could write in.
Have we met the limit, yet?
I think in the overview it listed 8-12 so we can have 4 more characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a rough draft of one.

Shan'she Taa

tumblr_n6rt13gB7E1sqilb1o3_1280.jpg

Name: Shan'she Taa

Race: Dragonspawn

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Height: 6'3

Weight: 275 lb.

Eyes: Orange

Hair: Red

Body Modifications:
Clean

Distinguishing Marks: A coat of green scales.

Clothing: Is rarely seen outside of anything besides her armor. Presumably sleeps in it, too.

Armor: Heavy plate armour.

Weaponry: A most cherished Greatsword. Has no special properties.

Magic:

• Minor Power:
  • 1- Sword Form VI- More a martial art than an actual power. This swordsman stance prioritizes wielding a weapon with two hands, and constantly swinging, slashing and thrusting without pause to overwhelm a foe's defense, and outperform a foe's offense. Defensive maneuvers in this stance are forfeit, and the fighter places faith in their armor that it will protect them like it should.
  • 2- Regeneration- If injuries are sustained, Shan'she can regenerate lost blood and close over slice wounds over time. However this process requires a lot of energy, and cannot be used in the heat of battle.
  • Major Power:
  • 1- Dragon breath (fire): Like the true dragons, Shan'she can rear up and blast from her mouth a cone of fire breath. This cone stretches out about 15 feet wide, and goes out about 30 feet. However due to her being smaller than a dragon, Shan'she must wait at least half an hour between uses of her fire breath.

Personality: Shan'she fancies herself rather serious, if not a tad deadpan. Rarely does she make time or patience for humor, and often grows irritated by it. Despite her apparent meanness, Shan'she always maintains a demeanor of respect, even as she kills or is being killed.

History: Hatched from the egg of a Dragon's cross with a human father, Shan'she was always treated like an outlier, a freak, and something strange. As a Dragon, this damaged her pride and filled her with rage.. But her Human half desired to find a way to make herself useful, and end the mockery.

The answer to her problem arrived when she picked up a sword, and donned a set of armor on the day a village she walked through came under attack by a goblin clan, commanded by an Ogre. By steel and by flame she decimated the horde, and charged the Ogre leader. Their two fists clashed, in a test of strength. With a confident sneer, Shan'she overpowered the Ogre and cleaved its meaty head in two, shortly after. The townsfolk revered her as a Hero, and by the end of the night, she knew her place was to fight and destroy, but for the sake of protecting the weak and innocent. The tournament, to her, is just another place to test her abilities and clash with fellow warriors.

Reznor said:
It was stated in the mind control ability that if the person dies whilst being controlled the parasite will have to wander endlessly, he still has other abilities however.
I meant they could make the person jump off a bridge and then go back to the other body before they hit the ground, or run up to a massive monster or something after taking off all armor and then do it.

LordOfThePitch said:
I meant they could make the person jump off a bridge and then go back to the other body before they hit the ground, or run up to a massive monster or something after taking off all armor and then do it.
Yeah I guess but it'd be much more effective if it was used to retrieve something, example given an enemy is planning a strike, he has the battleplans in a drawer. So the parasite will invade its mind and go retrieve said battleplans. I think a really good power is Heinrichs Buff/Debuff ability, The Smite is a good ability to have but it has no effect on people who are neutral, the ability has more effect on truly evil people. It may shock someone like Ziegel but he would have to use alot more energy if he wished to inflict serious damage. But the buff/debuff can come in really handy, say if I manage to intoxicate Heinrich but he has the Buff/Debuff ability initiated the move is rendered worthless.

Reznor said:
Yeah I guess but it'd be much more effective if it was used to retrieve something, example given an enemy is planning a strike, he has the battleplans in a drawer. So the parasite will invade its mind and go retrieve said battleplans. I think a really good power is Heinrichs Buff/Debuff ability, The Smite is a good ability to have but it has no effect on people who are neutral, the ability has more effect on truly evil people. It may shock someone like Ziegel but he would have to use alot more energy if he wished to inflict serious damage. But the buff/debuff can come in really handy, say if I manage to intoxicate Heinrich but he has the Buff/Debuff ability initiated the move is rendered worthless.
So, they could make someone kill themselves, and read their mind for what they're doing next. Soundso kind of OP. Also, fights against them wouldn't really be fights. They'd be the two seconds that he isn't controlling you and making you kill youself. But without that power, killing him would be insanely easy for anybody else. Which means, the character in itself isn't really good for this kind of fight arena.

Do remember, we aren't actually trying to actively kill each other...

The plan was to great an elite group of people to go to the unexplored land filled with monsters and other nasties... Riiight?

Sigismund said:
Do remember, we aren't actually trying to actively kill each other...
The plan was to great an elite group of people to go to the unexplored land filled with monsters and other nasties... Riiight?
It said that it was a free for all and that only 8-12 would get the position.

Two tournaments, one was the FFA with monsters, where the 8 to 12 would be offered the job.

Second tournament was to be against each other (Possibly 1 vs 1.. I guess?) Which would determine the first, second and third tier of the group.. Which I guess is sorta the party composition, after that, the team goes north into Driesen.

Yeah. And OP characters kind of mess that up. If they have a recharge time on mind control, then they can pretty much take out anybody they want immediately, and then be killed by everybody else easily while recharging. If they don't, then they can easily slaughter everybody else in a minute or so.

LordOfThePitch said:
Yeah. And OP characters kind of mess that up. If they have a recharge time on mind control, then they can pretty much take out anybody they want immediately, and then be killed by everybody else easily while recharging. If they don't, then they can easily slaughter everybody else in a minute or so.
No, re-read his mind control ability. For starters he stated he was only going to use it on NPCs. Towards the end of the description he claims that if the person he is in control of dies his soul will endlessly wander forever.

Reznor said:
No, re-read his mind control ability. For starters he stated he was only going to use it on NPCs. Towards the end of the description he claims that if the person he is in control of dies his soul will endlessly wander forever.
Then he'll never use it because he'd have to constantly protect them even after he left. Which means he'll be entirely worthless and killed immediately, because otherwise he's actually really weak.

LordOfThePitch said:
And he did not state that he could read minds. I stated that he could take control of a persons mind and have them steal a battleplan. The powers everyone has placed have side effects, setbacks, and cooldowns to ensure they're not too overpowered.

LordOfThePitch said:
Then he'll never use it because he'd have to constantly protect them even after he left. Which means he'll be entirely worthless and killed immediately, because otherwise he's actually really weak.
What?!?!? I said he could be used to retrieve a battleplan, that doesn't mean he is going to constantly have to defend the hosts body due to him being in control. And I also stated earlier that he has other powers, one of which is to be able to lift four hundred pound objects with his mind as long as they are not living beings, and another which turns him into a ghastly being and boosts his psychic ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back