• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Heroes and Villans

Octavian sighed in relief. "That's good to hear." He said as he peeked out a window, seeing the police drive by the building.

Echo looked up, confusion written on her face.

"The metal bird person said I was a victim of Dr. Conjure. Then the bird man said it was you. But how is that? You're not bad. You helped me. Why was the man saying that?"

Octavian scratched the back of his head, obviously nervous. "Well...he's not wrong.. I am.. a bad person, at least in the eyes of the people..."

Echo frowned and looked up.

"But why? You saved me. Several times. If you are bad, then the others are evil. If they want, I can go down a list of what each one of them has done to harm humanity. I'm not just a silly child."

"Well.. yes, I did save you, but I have hurt many others, weather on purpose, or not..." Octavian said as he sat down on the floor, head in his hands as he remembered a particular experiment gone wrong.

Echo looked out the window, receiving unwelcome memories from Octavian.

"Y-you did that?"

Her eyes swirled under their normal brown, a darker color taking over it.

"I trusted you!" She screamed and raised her hand, a trail of almost liquid shadows streamed out towards Octavian. Echo had unleashed fear. Chaos. More and more flowed out, the substance of nothing and everything at once, towards Wildfire and the others. Echo's eyes had gone from a warm brown to a cold black, stars swirling in them.

Octavian went wide eyed, quickly using his powers to fling his family out of the room, and building through a open window, but continued to sit there, staring at Echo, accepting his fate.

Echo closed her wings, her eyes regaining their warm color. Realizing what she did, she frantically raised her hand.

"I'm going to miss the stars." A beam of light shot out, countering the shadows. Two figures appeared beside Echo, forcing her to stop.

"Echo, it's ok, we'll fix it." The first one said before they both destroyed the shadows with light. When it was done, Echo grabbed them both into a hug.

"Y-you didn't forget me." She sobbed, her wings wrapping around the two. Kanya sighed and hugged back, while Toriana just smiled and let them hug her.

"Echo, we couldn't just let you go. You're our friend. Oh, and ruler, did I mention that?" Kanya asked, beaming when Echo laughed.

"I-i almost gave into it. Cinder was right, I am like them. I don't know what I am. I'm a disaster waiting to happen.

"But you're our disaster." Toriana attempted to joke, actually quite pleased with the joke, so Echo smiled.

Echo glanced at him, then looked away, unable to think of him the same way.

"Kanya? Can you help me?"

Kanya nodded and they both grabbed Octavian's arms before flying outside, Toriana taking the lead.

Once outside, Echo found a police car easily.

They set him down gently with Echo glaring at him.

"He's not who I thought he was. Take him away."

Echo turned away, refusing to meet anyone's gaze.

Kanya placed a hand on Echo's shoulder. "We have to go back, we're being called. But you have to stay, complete your mission."

The two other dreamlings disappeared, leaving a distressed Echo.

The cop slammed Octavian against a car, smiling, probably thinking about a promotion. Octavian turned his head, staring at the man with a disturbing smile, as though something snapped inside of him, his eye twitching. All of a sudden the cop went flying, h=getting slammed into a pole, knocking him out, before getting lifted back up, and slammed into the ground in a small pool of blood.

Octavian stared at her, his hand twitching as much as his eye. "...Monster...monster..." He slowly repeated in a soft voice, a foreign look in his eye, as though not his, the experiment replaying over and over again in his mind, the smell of burnt flesh, the feeling of sticky blood, and the worst part, the screams from both him, and his assistant. "..Die...die..."

Echo took a step back, when her leg buckled and she fell to the ground. She stared up at the man who'm she had once thought of as perfect. A tear threatened to fall, she knew if he wanted to kill her, it wouldn't be too hard. Minus the fact that she was immortal, she could still feel pain. "O-octavian"

Last edited by a moderator:
Octavian stared down at her, his wicked smile replaced with a face of disgust, but not of her, to himself. "...Monster....Dr....Monster..." The cop car levitated behind him, then above him, casting a large shadow over him. "...Die...die.." The car dropped..

((Welp, this took a trip down dark and dreary lane..))

Echo slipped under it at the last second, shoving him out of the way. She hit her head pretty hard, but at least she was immortal.

"NOO!" Octavian screamed, lifting, and throwing the car away while on his knees, quickly semi-crawling over to her. He lifted her up slightly, examining her head wound, tears streaming down his face.

Echo's wings fluttered a bit and she managed a weak smile.

"no life, no matter how bad, should be thrown away." She said softly, looking up at Octavian.

Octavian looked back down at her, wiping away his tears with his sleeve, using one arm to hold her up. He took out a gauze pad, peeling and applying it to her head wound to stop the bleeding, afterwards picking her up, walking over to the knocked out, but bloodied police officer. He took off the cop's jacket, wrapping it around her to protect her from the cold, laying her down in a small hidden area near the building as police sirens started ringing near by.

Echo smiled sadly, a tear finally streaming down her face.

"I-i'm sorry. Cinder was right, I am just like them. I'm a monster."

She whispered, memories forcing more tears to fall.

Octavian gave a small smile back, wiping her tears away with his thumb. " You're not a monster, trust me... I would know.."

"Fear is a monster. And if I am fear, what's to pull me back from it."

Echo shut her eyes, the throbbing it her head growing the more she spoke.

Octavian laid her head down, standing up, and leaving as to not lead the cops to Echo, her words etched in his mind.

Echo stared after him, a tear running down her face. She knew pain, but never thought she would feel it from a human. Humans always surprise everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back