• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Heart within the beast

Kurogan's head pulled back slowly as his form shifted back into that of a man.

"Maybe . . . that doesn't mean I'm going to stop worrying."

He ran a hand over the top of her head as he spoke.

Rhea smiled, "Yeah.. there are a few things I need to gather, I don't want others touching them." She told him quietly.

"My brothers pictures.... and his journal. I need that. That picture your drew... A couple of my medical books." Rhea said standing up and moving about the living room.

Kurogan silently walked around, helping her grab the few things that she needed. He occasionally asked where he should put something or what exactly she was looking for, but it was mostly a silent endeavor. He let her gather the pictures herself though. When he was done, he walked up to her with a hand behind his back.

"Rhea, I meant to give this to you earlier . . . I'm sorry it's taken so long."

He pulled out a hand-carved frame from behind his back. He still remembered how the photo from that night had its frame shattered. It was made from very light wood, and clearly had some work put into it. Not all the edges were strait, but it seemed to look better that way, more natural.

Rhea looked shocked to say the least. She took the frame from him gently and run her fingers over the etches in the wood in awe. "You made this too didn't you?" She asked quietly, though her eyes never really moved from the cut wood. After a few moment of looking at it, Rhea looked up to Kurogan and tackled him in a sudden tight hug. "Thank you so much... I don't know what else to say..." She said, pressing her face tight into his chest, he was so tall compared to her.

Kurogan took a small step back as she tackled him, he hadn't quite expected it. A smile came out over his face as he put his arms around her as well.

"You don't have to say anything more . . . this says plenty."

She moved back a few steps and then looked up at him, "I am going to put it in right now." She said happily, before letting go of him and jogging to her room to get the photo of her brother. When she came back out of the room, she gently slid the photo into the frame. It did not have any glass to protect the picture, but she was sure they could get some. The picture fit nicely in the frame and it made Rhea smiled. "Its perfect. Thank you so much Kurogan.." She told him. "This makes me really happy."

Kurogan gently let her go as she ran over to the bedroom, still smiling when she returned. He gently put one hand on top of her head when she stopped speaking.

"I'm glad you like it."

He slowly ran his hand over the top of her head

Rhea blushed a bit, "You pet me a lot... my brother use to do that. Sage does sometimes too... is there a reason people pet me?" She asked, "I-I mean It's not that I don't like it.... just I wonder why..." She asked quietly.

Kurogan consciously stopped his hand at her question.

"Um . . . I couldn't really pin down a specific reason. It just . . . feels right?"

It wasn't something he had consciously started to do. It had just happened whenever he was worried about her or at times like this

Rhea smiled, "I couldn't understand that... come on we should finish gathering things... if there anything you want me to try with me so you don't lose it?" She asked him, she had unpacked her school bag as was useing it to put things she wanted to keep with her in there.

"I didn't really have any personal belongings, so I can't say as much that I--"

He stopped for a second and walked over to the couch, bringing over the doll that she had bought him during his first month there. His face was slightly red

"Just--just this."

Rhea smiled and took the doll from him. She blushed a little in return, but she smiled no less, "I'll make sure to keep it safe." She told him happily and gently put it in the bag among the other things she did not want to be touched by the movers. "Ok... I think we have everything. I need to get ready now... might take a bit." She told him.

And it did take her at least a half an hour or more to get ready, though she was dressed up to say the least. She had pulled out a nice dress, looked more like a soft white and yellow sun dressed. She had rebraided her hair, but she braided it into two braids instead of one. When she was done she let out a nervous sigh and actually started to pace the room a bit.... it had been nearly 5 years since she's seen her parents... "Ok... Now it it just waiting for them to get here."

Kurogan blushed just a little when she came out. It was different, but she looked very cute in such attire. While she started to pace, he wasn't sure if they would knock on the door before entering, so he shifted himself back to a wolf. He nuzzled her hand when he passed by, trying to calm her down before they arrived

"Oh... I should probably tell you... My parents own a really big shipping company. It is very successful... we trade all around the world... that is where their fortune comes from." She said to Kurogan, "So we have a rather... large house... I guess on the good side if we will be closer to Sage again. But please don't be surprised when you see it... there are maids and butlers and... well a lot of things. It might be super new to you." She told him.

Kurogan tilted his head to the side. He had never heard the words 'Maid' or 'Butler' before, so he wasn't quite sure what she meant. What he did understand was that her parents held a substantial amount of power in the human world, so he should be prepared for a much larger and grander dwelling place. He let out a small woof in confirmation.

"Also... please... please don't growl at my dad....He can say things sometimes... If he is still the same." She said wrapping her arms around Kurogan, though she had to brush herself off when hi black fur clung to her white dress, though she laughed a bit when it was stuck.

Kurogan locked his eyes with hers. If she asked him to, then he couldn't very well refuse. But what would he say that would cause him to act as such? He rubbed his muzzle against her head, snorting a little when he noticed his black fur clinging to her

It was not till a few hours had the movers came into the apartment and began to pick things up. Rhea made sure to put the backpack she packed on and collar and leash Kurogan so not to make the movers neverious. Gently she lead Kurogen outside where a beautiful older women with long blond hair was standing by a car, "Bella!" Rhea said happily and went to go hug the women. "Miss Rhea... its been a long time. Since you are coming back, i've been assigned to you again, isn't that wonderful news?"

Rhea smiled happily and held the women tight, "Yeah... Bella," Rhea said taking a step back, "This is my dog and friend Kurogan. He saved me several times... I hope you can take care of him like you have me too." She told the women, Bella.

Bella leaned down and scratched Kurogan under the chin and on the neck, "Such a brave dog you are... I am sure you will be very welcome in the family."

Kurogan eyed the woman curiously as Rhea hugged her. He sniffed her hand a little before she started to scratch him like a normal dog. She had an aura about her that felt . . . caring. She genuinely did mean what she was saying. But what did she mean by 'Assigned'? He let out a contented woof and looked up at Rhea

"Ok Miss Rhea, its time to go home... you will have a busy day today. Your mother and father will be expecting you for dinner tonight." Bella said as she opened the car door for Rhea.

Rhea pointed to the seat, "Just jump on the Seat Kurogan." She told him, trying to get him to get into the car. She had no idea if he had ever ridden in one.

Kurogan looked at Rhea before turning his gaze to the car somewhat nervously. He had seen such contraptions before, but had never actually gotten in one. The idea of taking some mechanical means to get somewhere was alien to his mind. With some hesitation, he jumped in, curling up on one side of the vehicle.

Soon after Rhea got in after them and Bella closed the door behind Rhea. Rhea gently reached over and touched Kurogan's ears, "I just thought of something.... A way for me to make sure you stay with me, by my side... it will get you to be able to bring you with me everywhere.... do you think you would like that?" She asked him quietly. Rhea just realized a perfect way to assure Kurogan would stay with her and not be allowed to be given away.

Kurogan looked up at her quietly, tilting his head. If he could stay by her side, then he would love to do it. But what exactly was it? He nuzzled up against her hand, locking his eyes with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back