• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ooc

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yukito is a mainly ice demon too, you can use the Yuki-ona if you'd like? They don't all have to be royal, maybe that will add to their mysteriousness x'D

Editing to add that this means they definitely sparred with each other using their powers to better themselves, I'm living for it <3

Do all of the demons have abilities or just the royal family? Sign Sign

Just the royal family, but there can be exceptions (such as priest/priestess in specific magic). It can be possible that demons can have magic, but 99% of them are overpowered by the royal bloodline's magic abilities, especially Lumina who excels in magic (hence, is the reason why they cannot be overtaken by other countries). But of course, having magic is still an amazing thing to be able to have in this world XD

I know you mentioned sign but I also wanted to clarify the view on it. It's intended just the royal family have "abilities" (of this I would refer back to the 'dragon' and the 'phoenix') but Yuki-Ona have ice and snow abilities. That's their thing. Different demons have different things (and weaknesses). Oni having strength (fire is sometimes an aesthetic choice I throw in), Kitsune turning into foxes, etc. I think the royal family would have the potency to call it "ability," but I'm not trying to detract from say a magic wielder in Lumina.

In comparison to Lumina, they would lack in "magic" because it's not seen as magic to begin with, it's just a part of their genetic makeup. Well except maybe for High priest/priestesses, but that's a stretch and I don't imagine there being a lot of them.

Argena excels in technology, and while Yukio may look pretty (and eerie) they don't have the means to take on this kingdom even with their strength. They'd most likely have their forces blasted through with ballistae.

I know you mentioned sign but I also wanted to clarify the view on it. It's intended just the royal family have "abilities" (of this I would refer back to the 'dragon' and the 'phoenix') but Yuki-Ona have ice and snow abilities. That's their thing. Different demons have different things (and weaknesses). Oni having strength (fire is sometimes an aesthetic choice I throw in), Kitsune turning into foxes, etc. I think the royal family would have the potency to call it "ability," but I'm not trying to detract from say a magic wielder in Lumina.

In comparison to Lumina, they would lack in "magic" because it's not seen as magic to begin with, it's just a part of their genetic makeup. Well except maybe for High priest/priestesses, but that's a stretch and I don't imagine there being a lot of them.

Argena excels in technology, and while Yukio may look pretty (and eerie) they don't have the means to take on this kingdom even with their strength. They'd most likely have their forces blasted through with ballistae.

Correct. Specifically, despite Lumina being more "behind" between the two, it's seen more of something that regular human beings in Argena don't have. If Lumina was able to have the wealth and power, their technology advance would be larger, BUT due to their poor agriculture and not so much wealth as Argena. Their only advantage of not being bullied by the other human races, as I mentioned, would be that the royals are the only practically humans who can wield such things (which is the closest they'll ever get in here).

I was thinking about my Kitsune having tried to enter Lumina (maybe even while being from Yukio, they make it in) I'm still chill with them being a priest/ess in Yukio, but am curious if they could be a priestess for Lumina?

I'm also thinking their magic is measured by their sword, by this I mean that as they use magic, their sword gets shorter- effectively their medium, like a wand?

Or maybe they are a new resident to Lumina aspiring to learn magic and they offer to bodyguard them in exchange?

Yukito is a mainly ice demon too, you can use the Yuki-ona if you'd like? They don't all have to be royal, maybe that will add to their mysteriousness x'D

Editing to add that this means they definitely sparred with each other using their powers to better themselves, I'm living for it <3
I quite like this, both ideas, I'm thinking maybe Araphi (my demon) was the off spring of a union between the Yuki-ona and a demon of a much lower class and that's why he's not considered royalty? Maybe also why he's much more feral than his siblings. maybe some kind of bastard situation and he was allowed to enter into the guard and rise in ranks and all and because he can never be royalty, the king was like, yeah I can be their "personal guard" or whateva, at least, its an idea

I quite like this, both ideas, I'm thinking maybe Araphi (my demon) was the off spring of a union between the Yuki-ona and a demon of a much lower class and that's why he's not considered royalty? Maybe also why he's much more feral than his siblings. maybe some kind of bastard situation and he was allowed to enter into the guard and rise in ranks and all and because he can never be royalty, the king was like, yeah I can be their "personal guard" or whateva, at least, its an idea
Yeah the (royal) Yuki-Ona family generally know their role to union with the 'royal' oni family in keeping with the Yuki-Oni; but that doesn't mean there aren't strays, maybe even an exiled Yuki-Ona.

would that make Araphi and the older prince brothers or cousins or something or are they just sorta related by clan sorta relations?

would that make Araphi and the older prince brothers or cousins or something or are they just sorta related by clan sorta relations?
probably a distant cousin or something, I'll leave that to you ๐Ÿ˜†
talk about a brother from another ______

Also, thinking about this for the priest
51696bb85e3123b6ed5919323b93f58a.jpg

I was thinking about my Kitsune having tried to enter Lumina (maybe even while being from Yukio, they make it in) I'm still chill with them being a priest/ess in Yukio, but am curious if they could be a priestess for Lumina?

I'm also thinking their magic is measured by their sword, by this I mean that as they use magic, their sword gets shorter- effectively their medium, like a wand?

Or maybe they are a new resident to Lumina aspiring to learn magic and they offer to bodyguard them in exchange?
Yes, he can! Of course, it's rare in Argena, but in Lumina, there's some here and there. They are more in touch with the kingdom in Yukio, more than Argena, at least.

Awesome! I was thinking he could be someone who can provide insight on Yukio to them as well. And if any Yukio demons who happen to be there and get out of hand, can be someone who can seal their strength, effectively putting them in time out xD

Hello there! I apologize as I haven't been active but I would like to make a reservation for the Yukio Kingdom princess. ^o^

ok gotcha sounds good!
yeah! when Sign opened up more royal slots, i invited SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles to be the prince's sister! speaking of, what did you have in mind for Argena prince & princess' relationship? cousins/half-siblings/full siblings, etc? if you decide on full siblings, then the younger sister of the prince would also be your character's & might limit your character's appearance to have blonde hair. otherwise, our characters being cousins or something like one of our characters being born to a mistress, you'd be free to have any color. ^^

Sign Sign I apologize if my CS may be finished a little, slower. ^^; I make my own FC for anime... if that is ok?

Got both of my face-claims up for my characters; I'll hopefully be able to work on their character sheets either on Thursday or Friday

supermartinbros supermartinbros Were you okay with my character being your characters lady in waiting?

yeah! when Sign opened up more royal slots, i invited SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles to be the prince's sister! speaking of, what did you have in mind for Argena prince & princess' relationship? cousins/half-siblings/full siblings, etc? if you decide on full siblings, then the younger sister of the prince would also be your character's & might limit your character's appearance to have blonde hair. otherwise, our characters being cousins or something like one of our characters being born to a mistress, you'd be free to have any color. ^^
Hmmm half siblings ๐Ÿค” that could be interesting. Iโ€™ll think on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back