• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Half-Breed Institution

"Well do you think he is drunk enough," Haru said," if he's not I could be thrown out the door when I ask him. What would I say to him anyway?"

@Airagog

Bull shrugged, "Ask him if it's true that the kitsunes are attacking him. Never assume he's the aggressor, always assume it's defense."

"It was something, I mean I found out why my mother was so distant from me and why she mainly left me to myself."

Drumonkey said:
"It was something, I mean I found out why my mother was so distant from me and why she mainly left me to myself."
Andrew cocked an eyebrow "oh? And why's that?"

"Well alright then," Haru said as she saw Susanoo start to sway a little from losing balance," he does look like he's drunk enough." She then went over to him and said," hey Susanoo, we want to know if some kitsunes have been attacking you?"

"Ha," he said with a burp as he finished his third cup," they've not been ash-tacking me, in tact I've be talkin to de kits snot working for that Inari person and no we has join together."

"Ah," Haru said nodding. She barely knew what he was saying. She then went over to Robert and said," I think he is using the kitsunes from what I can make out of what he said."

@Airagog

"My father, they were happy and ready to raise me and spend the rest of her life with him but she wanted to see him feed and when she saw it scared her so badly he had to make her forget but the mind merely locked it away and so he left and I reminded her of him and that scared her, she never knew why but she knew she did and that is why she avoided me.

"Brutal bet that made for a crappy childhood. Hmph my mom wasnt that much better. She was either stripping or sleeping all the time. Course my dad was never around either." He shrugged his shoulders "oh well thats life i guess"

"It would appear we are the children of monsters and broken homes. Its no surprise we fall for each other." Zadock set his head on the table and sighed deeply and andrew could hear a rumbling in his stomach.

Andrew smiled at his hunger "do you want me to take a nap while we wait so you can eat or are you willing to try real food this time?"

(Excuse me for intruding this pity party and i'll let you get back to it, but An-Li has the best childhood in the world!...... and now food)

An-Li looked at Rey completly embarrassed, her powers were so odd. Her grandmother had told her that the fish were sleeping. But she had tried on her own with anchovies, chicken and other meats and found out that it was a reoccurring event. Every time more horrifying than the last.

jwss-skinned-chicken-in-forest.jpg

With her heritage known it was obvious now. She turned away from, Rey and stared blankly at the pots as they began to bubble. Why did grandmother try to cover it up? Why did she act so calm? And more importantly...Her grandmothers face appeared in her mind every wrinkle and beauty mark. Why did she look so sad?

Suddenly the tops of the pots shot up as the broth began to bubble. An-Li snapped out of it, "Oh! Oh my!" She quickly turned off the heat. The pots simmered back down and she let out a sigh of relief. She turned to Rey, "that was a close one. Oh make you put each meat on their own plate." @Zaffre Blue

She poured the sauces into a large metal pot with a curved divider in the middle. One side was a clear yellow while the other was a dark red. Then she began to set everything up on the table. She had set a large black object in the middle that look something like a fondue set. She then set out various bowls filled with various sauces, some familiar while others not so much. Then she brought the plates filled with vegetables and motioned for Rey to bring the plates with the raw meat. Afterwards she brought out a bowl of soup and rice for each of them. Then she placed nearly 20 metal pokers with woodden handels on the end, onto thr table. Finally, she put the large metal pot on top of the odd fondue setting and lit the bottom with a match. Slowly the pot began to bubble. She wiped some sweat away and smiled. "Okay, I think thats everything." She looked at them and bowes "sorry for the wait guys. I made you guys something my province is famous for.... a Sichuan hot pot!"

hotpot.jpg
Hot-Pot-at-San-Xi-Lou.jpg

So good your face will melt off.
She smiled at them and pointed to the red sauce "the red side is spicy while the yellow side is not. Everything can be eaten raw although I recommend you cook the meat. Which was so graciously provided to us by Rey." She bowed to her politely, "thank you so much for your assistance." She turned back to them and put her hands on her hips "well go ahead and try it out! Tell me what you think!"

@Drumonkey @Penance

Last edited by a moderator:
"That would be- oh look the food is here Ill have to remember that for another time Andrew." Zadock closed his eyes and smiled then when he opened his eyes they were gold and he thought for a second before grabbing what he wanted and arranging it like he had eaten it a million times before and began to dig in. "Wow An-li this is amazing. This could encourage me to eat a more human diet." Zadock chuckled and continued to eat.

(Dammit you've actually made me hungry now!! P.s. Rey's a chick xD )

Andrew was amazed. There was so much food it was beautiful. "Geez where to start?" He then picked up a piece of meat and dipped it in some sauce and took a bite out of it. He slowly turned to an-li with a big smile on his face "i love it" he said he then ran up to her, gave her a quick kiss on the cheek "thanks!" And went back and started gobbling down more food as if he was about to die of hunger

(lol okay mental note. Rey=girl)

An-Li smiled and as they ate, she was glad they enjoyed it. "I'm glad you all like it." She sat down and watched them enjoy it. A smile on her face but her mind was a million miles away. Looking in on the others, she sensed the situation. She didn't feel any battle ensuing, which was a relief, but felt a rising of tension from somewhere else. I have a bad feeling... we should investigate it later. There it was again, we. Where was this coming from? I am me, there is no one else here....is there?

OrenjiGatsu said:
"Well alright then," Haru said as she saw Susanoo start to sway a little from losing balance," he does look like he's drunk enough." She then went over to him and said," hey Susanoo, we want to know if some kitsunes have been attacking you?"
"Ha," he said with a burp as he finished his third cup," they've not been ash-tacking me, in tact I've be talkin to de kits snot working for that Inari person and no we has join together."

"Ah," Haru said nodding. She barely knew what he was saying. She then went over to Robert and said," I think he is using the kitsunes from what I can make out of what he said."

@Airagog
Bull closed his eyes thinking, "Ask him how? Sounds pretty savvy. What is exactly going on and what's the agreement? I'm sure it is highly beneficial to you. Yes, say it exactly like that as you offer him a drink."

Penance said:
Andrew looked over at her "hey anny you gonna eat anything?" He asked mouth almost full of food
(sorry went to go eat I made myself hungry)

She shook her head "no, I don't need any food. Remember?" She smiled at him. She truly was lucky to have him but he was a bit of a scatterbrain. She slowly got up and looked at him. "I feel like making cake for dessert. What flavor would you all like?"

[QUOTE="The Suspicious Eye](sorry went to go eat I made myself hungry)
She shook her head "no, I don't need any food. Remember?" She smiled at him. She truly was lucky to have him but he was a bit of a scatterbrain. She slowly got up and looked at him. "I feel like making cake for dessert. What flavor would you all like?"

[/QUOTE]
Andrew looked up excitedly "oo oo i want strawberry flavor!!" He said like a kid being asked what he wanted for his birthday

[QUOTE="The Suspicious Eye](lol okay mental note. Rey=girl)
An-Li smiled and as they ate, she was glad they enjoyed it. "I'm glad you all like it." She sat down and watched them enjoy it. A smile on her face but her mind was a million miles away. Looking in on the others, she sensed the situation. She didn't feel any battle ensuing, which was a relief, but felt a rising of tension from somewhere else. I have a bad feeling... we should investigate it later. There it was again, we. Where was this coming from? I am me, there is no one else here....is there?

[/QUOTE]
Rey would look genuinely impressed at all the food An-Li cooked up " Wow, this is really good". Rey would walk over to a small wine cooler in corner and pull out a bottle " Can you drink An-Li ?" Rey would sit gracefully at the table , not grabbing any food .

Penance said:
Andrew looked up excitedly "oo oo i want strawberry flavor!!" He said like a kid being asked what he wanted for his birthday
An-Li laughed a light laugh, "alright I'll make a straberry one. Maybe I'll individual cakes." She looked up thinking. She turned to Rey as she spoke. "Thank you. Oh um.... I only drink sake and uh.... it's the really expensive kind. Grandmother imported it from Japan for the inn, so we always had a lot of it." An-Li thought for a moment for as long as I can remember grandmother would give me sake. Why would she do that? I was a child. Although it doesn't affects me. But how would she know?

Andrew then waved to rey "hey i'll take a drink" 'havent drank since that one time in vegas' he shivered at the thought 'i will never look at rabbit plushies the same again'

Penance said:
Andrew then waved to rey "hey i'll take a drink" 'havent drank since that one time in vegas' he shivered at the thought 'i will never look at rabbit plushies the same again'
Rey would give Andy a bewildered look but laugh " I went to Vegas once...... I got married". Sitting at the table, she would slide the bbottle towards Andrew "Ugh , the school hides all the good stuff from me. So lovebirds , tell a poor sinner about your torrid romance"

Andrew uncorked the bottle and took a sip from it. "Lets see....i met her in combat trainning classes, she was really nervous so i talked to her and we got along. Then after i got done fighting aouli she came over and talked to me, we went to the cafeteria, she made me some awesome food, then we just kicked it off." He took another sip from the bottle and looked to an-li "i miss anything? Feel like i did."

Last edited by a moderator:
Penance said:
Andrew uncorked the bottle and took a sip from it. "Lets see....i met her in combat trainning classes, she was really nervous so i talked to her and we got along. Then after i got done fighting aouli she came over and talked to me, we went to the cafeteria, she made me some awesome food, then we just kicked it off." He took another sip from the bottle and looked to an-li "i miss anything? Feel like i did."

Rey would grab the bottle from Andrew and tool a large sip. Sighing, she would clutch her heart dramatically " To be young, to be in love !". Rolling her eyes, she would throw her arms over the back of the chair " Pooh , Rey doesn't get any action"

Andrew grabbed the bottle back from her and took a gulp "oh please not like you want a relationship" he said rolling his eyes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back