• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Goo and Gorgons [Private]

((oh my goodness that sucks....))

"I love How To Train Your Dragon!" Beryl grinned. "I'm sorry people make fun of you..." She scanned around the mall, looking for the particular staircase that led to the theater. When she saw it, she pointed it out to Charissa. "It's actually a really big theater, it takes up most of the second floor. And they have free popcorn refills..." She was grinning excitedly as she thought about it.

Charissa laughed, almost with relief, as she learned that Beryl practically liked the same movies she watches. There were years when she would only watch the grittiest and the darkest of movies, but now all she wanted to do was surround herself with positive energy, and what better outlet than animated movies? She looked at the staircase and looked at Beryl with an incredulous look when she mentioned free popcorn refills. "And I thought that was a myth," she chuckled. She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket a little bit, but decided to ignore it for now. She couldn't think of who would call her at this time, especially when she didn't know a lot of people in the city. Maybe her family? They'd understand if she wanted some time to herself.

"Really? I've never really been to a movie theater besides this one, though, so I guess I don't have much point of reference..." Beryl suddenly felt compelled to stand, and she did. Luckily for her none of her goo had stuck to her chair. She had finished off her plate and figured that, since she was up, she might as well run it to the nearby trash can. "Do you mind if I go throw my trash away..?" she asked. "Then we could maybe go see what time Finding Dory is at? If you don't want to walk all the way up those stairs, we could look online! If we have to wait a while, maybe we could go to another store!"

Charissa nodded. That being said, she made sure to throw away her trash as well. "I'm fine with all of those things. Let's check the times online so that we won't potentially disappoint ourselves if we do make our way there." She stretched a bit, sitting in such a stiff chair always made her feel achy all around. At least the food would satiate the snakes for a good while. She felt full, and a little bit sleepy, but the say was still young, and it also meant that she would watch a movie that she wanted to see for a while. She saw movies by herself a few times when she moved to the city, but stopped when an uncomfortable encounter with a creepy man deterred her from future visits. The thought of that send chills up her spine, making the snakes a little bit anxious as well. Her wig looked like it was caught in an earthquake, the snakes slithering around. Charissa frowned and patted on her head, mentally telling them to quiet down, and that they shouldn't fuss over just a thought. 

She brought her phone out and searched for the movie times. Right as she opened her phone, she noted that the call came from an unknown number. 'Probably some telemarketer or something...' "Uhh, it says that the movie's gonna start in an hour or so, so we can definitely wander around for a bit."

Beryl nodded. She had noticed Charissa's wig shaking earlier, but did not want to bring it up in case it embarrassed her. "What kind of store do you want to go to? We could try some more clothing stores, or the bookstore, or Gamestop, or the toy store!" Beryl would have to make sure to not spend all of her money, especially if they went to the toy store. There were always tons of tempting stuffed animals there. But she already had so many... Her vices at the bookstore were cute stationary and books, especially manga. She had far more notebooks than she could ever use, and her entire bookshelf was full already. So she should try and abstain from buying more. That would be hard.

"The toy store..." Charissa trailed off, wondering when was the last time she visited something like that. Does the Disney store count? She'd only usually go to buy stuff for her family, or for decor, but for toys for herself? It wasn't as if the idea sounded childish to her, it was just that the thought didn't cross her mind. Stuffed animals weren't her forte, but maybe they would be today. "I haven't visited a toy store in years, I can't remember the last time honestly. So we should definitely go there! What do you go there for?" She asked as she started walking to where she assumed the store would be.

Luckily for the both of them, Charissa was walking in the right direction. Beryl followed Charissa, blushing a bit as she said, "Stuffed animals, mostly. I really like collecting them..." She had dozens of them in her room. "They sometimes have cute hair bows as well."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back