• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Getting Out of Pittsburgh { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Asher McCoy
Former Hunter | 29 | Current location ;; Pennsylvania

Asher kept his lips sealed for a long moment as he smiled and only occasionally looked towards Jordan. “Uh huh. I was engaged to a bright young woman I knew for a very long time. Her parents and my parents knew each other well, so we knew each other well. We were a perfect match.” He let that sit there for a moment. “We had it all planned out. She had even started planning the wedding and everything. I was much too busy to care about that, of course. I had too many other urgent things to attend, as the very important person I have always been.” He stared off into the trees, chasing a memory.

Jordan DeShay
Former Smuggler | 27 | Current location ;; Pennsylvania

Jordan turned his head and looked at Asher. “Really? A perfect match? And how old were you when you were planning this wedding?” Jordan asked, arching an eyebrow. “And.. furthermore, I know you’ve always been important so I can see how the finer details of wedding planning could be less important.” He said with a grin on his face. He was curious to learn more about his traveling companion.

Asher McCoy

Asher almost let the laugh he was holding in go with that question. “Her name was Rebecca. We were meant to be. Or at least that was what she told me when we were five and at the top of the playground castle where we were king and queen respectively.” That was when he finally let the laugh go. “It was a whole thing. Of course, it didn’t work out for numerous reasons.” He smiled as he glanced a Jordan. “Namely the fact that she tried to tear into my flesh with her teeth to spread a fungal infection. And the fact that I may have been flirted with and have maybe sometimes partaken in some flirty banter but have never once found anyone remotely appealing like that.” He looked forward, that little smile still sitting there. “Well. Maybe once.”

Jordan DeShay

He looked at Asher and chuckled softly. “Ah yes. Young love. Very young but I guess when one finds his queen, then he shouldn’t waste time.” Jordan said, flicking his gaze beside him. Then he dropped his gaze, hearing that she’d tried to bite him. Then Jordan let out a low sigh. “Once? You only found one person in your entire life as appealing as possibly exploring something that some used to call love with?” Jordan asked, curious and bewildered a little at the statement. “And just who would that be? Rebecca?” He asked, his eyes still a little wide as he learned more about Asher.

Asher McCoy

Asher was yet again uncomfortable. He was so often uncomfortable around Jordan. Or maybe he was uncertain. Or maybe he just wasn’t used to whatever this was. What was it? He didn’t know. He shook his head with a chuckle. “No no, she was not the one for me. I realized that as I got older and determined that I probably would have hated her with every fiber of my being as we got older. But then again, I probably would have hated who that little boy I was would have become without the end of the world.” He looked at the ground where he walked. The place where he held his stomach. The place where he couldn’t always tell where he stopped and Jordan started. “Not to mention the only person I’ve ever had any kind of feelings that weren’t hate or acquaintanceship was for a man so.. Sorry Rebecca. Kinda don’t think that would have worked out for us.” He looked ahead of them. “But it’s not.. I don’t-“ He sucked in a deep breath and tried to flip the conversation. “The point is that I can handle whatever flirty evils you did to disarm your opponents. I still want to know.” That was when he finally looked at him again.

Jordan DeShay

Jordan was quiet as he listened to Asher talk. He noticed him looking at the ground, and Jordan turned his attention back to where they were walking. He flicked his eyes to look at Asher when he spoke again. The only person he ever had feelings for was a man? "Oh is that so? And I wonder who this man is that caught your attention." Jordan replied, a small smile on his face. He heard him again and saw him finally look at him. "Well. My favorite flirty line was why are we fighting when we could be doing other things." Jordan said, though he said worse and probably done worse too. "And placing a hand on just the right places was a good way to disarm them too. Usually the arm, face, neck, or head.."

Asher McCoy

Asher avoided the inquiry about who this mystery man was like the plague the world couldn’t and instead focused on this flirting thing. He tried to envision a younger Jordan up against all likes of people, mostly men, and talking to them like that. Putting on that face. He knew the one. It was the one that worked on Asher. He thought about the question, and he did think that would likely throw a lot of people off their game. It honestly sounded impressive. And a bit alluring. “It’s a shame I couldn’t see that in action. I think I would have liked to meet this version of you.” His movements were slowing now. His body was so tired from the energy it took to heal itself. And the fact that the forest was not a great place to sleep. And the emotional roller coaster from earlier. And really a lot of things.

Jordan DeShay

Jordan looked at Asher when he heard him and chuckled. "Just wait until you're better gorgeous. I'll bring out that version of me just for you." Jordan told him. He frowned as he noticed Asher's movements slowing. He had to be tired, especially healing from the injury. "Would you like to stop and rest? Or I can carry you if you'd like to keep going?" Jordan suggested, concern in his voice as he looked at him.

Asher McCoy

Asher raised a brow at that. “Well that’s also a shame that I have to be better for it. Stabbings take forever to heal.” He had never had one go all the way through him before, so he could only assume that it would take even more time. It was a bit of a shame. Or maybe a lot of a shame. Here he was again getting trapped in the loop of intrigue and desire. He wanted nothing more than to stop what they were doing so that Jordan could show him what he did. That was ridiculous. Having to stop so soon was also ridiculous. He thought about saying so but was distracted by the new option. “Carry me? You mean like when I was actively dying in your arms? How romantic.”

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back