[Gaming Group] Real World Exalted

*has just botched a social roll* I know you didn't think I was being an ass I... well... nng, that did not have the tone I was looking for...

Sorry 'bout that, I'm just being confusing, blame my social tertiary.

I'm confused now. My head hurts... :?

Let's talk about something else, like this artifact Fluffy keeps mentioning.

What Artifact are you looking for? You haven't really described it.

Ah, yes, sorry Fluffy, I keep getting distracted. It's fine, if you want to spend the points to make it a 5 dot artifact, you can do so. The way I see it, you guys are lacking any kind of support base in Creation, so I'm giving you a bit of an edge in terms of Artifacts and Manses.

Aasharu said:
Ah, yes, sorry Fluffy, I keep getting distracted. It's fine, if you want to spend the points to make it a 5 dot artifact, you can do so. The way I see it, you guys are lacking any kind of support base in Creation, so I'm giving you a bit of an edge in terms of Artifacts and Manses.
For what it's worth, it would probably be better to give us the Terrestrial version of the Artifact background instead of letting us buy them up to 5 with our Background points.

Plus, how does giving us manses not give us a support base in Creation? That's kind of the point of a Manse.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Aasharu said:
For what it's worth, it would probably be better to give us the Terrestrial version of the Artifact background instead of letting us buy them up to 5 with our Background points.

Plus, how does giving us manses not give us a support base in Creation? That's kind of the point of a Manse.
I think what Aasharu means is not having anyone or any way to get money. Owning a really big and epic building, not matter how cool, is worth jack shit if you A) don't really know how to use it, B) Have no one to work there, C) Can't hire anyone to work there, or D) Have no way to make money to get people to work there.

It's a Base and it does belong to us, but that doesn't mean it really supports us beyond the hearthstones.

I don't see Manse as a support so much as a resource. I have two hearthstones, so two manses, but I'm interested to see how that fits into the game - are they nearby? Are they half-way across Creation? Are they safe-havens? Are they tombs? I dunno, but I'm looking forward to finding out. Without knowing where our Manses are, or even what they're like, our 'support' is basically just the magic of our hearthstones.

I kinda like ShadowDragon's suggestion of the Terrestrial version of Artifact and Manse (ie: one dot = two points). I don't think that breaks the setting as it puts us on par with a starting Dragonblood. While our Charms are better, we've already hashed out how we're not quite on the level of a starting Solar. I'd suggest that, if this were adopted, you can only have one item that's rated at up to Artifact 5. Same for Hearthstones.

Changed my notes, suggestions would be appreciated.

Actually, giving us DB Artifact background would put us more in line with First Age Solars which would be... Terrifying. Especially for our enemies.

Added in, I have a five-dot Solar Manse (and a 3-dot Lunar or Water manse) and they're probably going to have Provider and/or Fortress. :D All I need to do is gather people up. Oh, wait, I have the best Social charm set in the group.

It's not so bad, you just need a starting point. For me, I'm dithering between ripping off the Beatles to get money or using Alchemy as a Resources generator.

Fabricati said:
It's not so bad, you just need a starting point. For me, I'm dithering between ripping off the Beatles to get money or using Alchemy as a Resources generator.
My first thoughts upon reading this were: "First order of business, figure out what the fuck is going on. Second? Make profit." xD

Fabricati said:
Oh, wait, I have the best Social charm set in the group.
Um, what? You don't have any Presence, Performance, Investigation, Linguistics, or Socialize charms. Also, no social boosting artifacts. So, that was sarcasm?

I was referring to future plans and the fact that I'm a Zenith, which makes learning Performance, Presence, and Integrity remarkably simple and in-theme.

Ah! Oh. Well, that makes much more sense. I'd be happy to act as 'teacher' for any of the charms I've got that you might want, though Performance isn't one of my favored abilities.

We're all going to be teaching each other everything we can, especially if we're supposed to roleplay figuring out what charms we have exactly and how to use them :D

That said, we're probably going to share a base pool of charms that we all have. *coughperfectdefensescough* :P

Well, I'm still not sure of the specifics, but I'm currently thinking of starting you off on an island in the northwest somewhere. And in terms of where your Manses are... well, anyone here ever play Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem? If you have, you should recognize the name Ehn'gha. For those who haven't, think ancient city with alien geometry, buried beneath the earth, within which things that man was not meant to know of dwell... of course, this being Exalted, it's part and parcel for the course that you'll eventually be able to kick all their asses and take over.

So... it's going to be a cross between the wyld, lunar shaping, and a bunch of completely insande pseudo-fae trying to kill us as we try to take back our collective manses once we think we're strong enough? Welp, better get some more integrity pretty soon then. 8)

An icy, snowy island in the northwest...

Kind of like... Northrend?

I like. Dibs on the Howling Fjord.

Oh, Fabricati? I'd suggest putting that point into Ride. We're such supernatural badasses that we can parlay our knowledge of motorcycles and love of motorvechiles into jumping on a horse and charging about. :)

I've played Warcraft III, so I know what Northrend is, but I don't play World of Warcraft, so I have no idea what the topography is.

1) Your anima is a giant scorpion. That freaks me the fuck out. Just saying.

2) Prayer Ward = awesome.

3) Your enemy is the Nameless Solar? Nice. Last time I checked, he didn't have a posse dude. You do. No worries about the high noon showdown.

I like it. Adjustments made. We'll see what Aasharu thinks of giving us DB!Manse and DB!Artifact, but for now I'm keeping it where it is. Unless I'm allowed to spend background dots on dots 4 and 5? Is that what he meant? 'cause if so I have some editing to do.

As an aside, each time I see the thread title I can't help but think of this whole thing being put up on MTV. "Yeah, man, that was about when I'd had it with this him. I mean, come on, just because you can change genders all the time doesn't mean you should, dude."

Fabricati said:
Unless I'm allowed to spend background dots on dots 4 and 5? Is that what he meant? 'cause if so I have some editing to do.
That's what I took his statement to mean - we can't buy anything but Artifact and Manse, so we're allowed to buy them up to 5. Aasharu, if I'm wrong here, let me know. I have to correct that on my sheet if I'm wrong.

Edit - finalized my anima, and completed all editing on my character aside from ST mandated changes.

With seven background dots to spend and only two backgrounds to spend them on, we'd each have been forced to buy Manse and Artifact *** and let the seventh dot go to waste if that wasn't what he meant- which hardly seems likely.

Which means that we already got a modified version of Artifact and Manse, less than the typical DB version but more than the typical Solar version. I don't think we need DB!Arty or Manse.

Did he ever say we couldn't have more than one of anything?

I found a four-dot hearthstone I really liked, but if I hadn't, I'd have gone to the three-dots, and then bought a Collar of Dawn's Cleansing Light.

Why do we all care. During actual game we will probably find dozens of artifacts and heartstones. Ha! I'll even bet that we will star making our own the right moment moment we put our hands on some good Firs Age Manse-Workshop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back