[Gaming Group] Real World Exalted

Jaksio said:
You know guys i just were thinking about sill Craft (Elemental). Complete fusion of elemental crafts seen to be not very good balanced. So I just had this small thought. Why not thread Craft Elemental like linguistic? For each dot you chose one elemental craft you know and you can have up to 3 specialty points for each one.
Craft is already handicapped by the worst of any three or four Attributes, making the mundane crafts into five seperate craft abilities was godawful, and don't even get me started on the exotic crafts.

Otherwise why not do the same to, say, Melee?

Seperate it into Melee (1H Edged), Melee (2H Edged), Melee (1H Blunt), Melee (2H Blunt), and Melee (Thrusting).

Then you can have the exotic melees - Melee (Daiklaives) would require you have Melee (1H Edged) at least at 3 to even take it, then require you get Melee (1H Edged) up as high as you want Daiklaives. Melee (Grand Edged) could be capped by Melee (2H Edged,) while Melee (Grand Blunt) could require 2H Blunt and so forth and so on.

Oh, even better, let's make Melee (Beam Weapons) cap at the highest of your War and Atheletics, too. Because using those means you mean serious business.

And for added shits and giggles, let's not use Dexterity + Applicable skill. Let's use (Lowest of: Dexterity, Strength, Endurance (If you're swinging a weapon with any great mass behind it) and Perception), just for fun!

Are you starting to see the problems with Craft now?

OK, so, in recent news, my moving day has been pushed back to Friday, but this will not delay the game at all. Also, I finally managed to get the three Books of Sorcery I was missing: WotLA, OC, and RoGD:1.

Now, on to other things. In regard to linguistics, I've worked out a mechanic, (also, Andoriol, please replace your "Purchased: Low Realm" on your character sheet with "Free Slot.") How this will work is, if you encounter someone who speaks a language you don't know, then if you still have a free slot, at the beginning of the scene you can announce that you want to learn that language. For the rest of the scene, you'll have to roll Intelligence+Linguistics against a difficulty of 1 in order to communicate simple concepts, and a difficulty of 2 in order to communicate complex concepts. Then, at the end of the scene, as long as you've spent a good portion of the scene trying to interact, you will then replace your Free Slot with whatever language you just learned, and are considered fluent at it. And yes, once someone in the group learns a language, they can then teach anyone else in the group, following the same mechanic.

Secondly, bit of an insight into the first session, at one point, each of you will be presented with different challenges related to whatever Caste you will Exalt into. Said challenges should be relatively obvious, as I'll draw your attention to them, but still. Be ready for that, for that's the determining factor in your Exaltation. If for whatever reason you balk at the challenge, then... I don't know, maybe I'll have you Exalt as an Infernal instead?

Finally, would you like me to tell you the specialized Great Curse mechanic now, or would you prefer to wait to find out what it is until the first time one of you limit breaks?

Whoops, thought I'd done that already *changes*.

And I want to find out what the issue we'll have is in play, we'll know we've got the effects of the great curse, but we'll have no way to control it (and if it's different from what we're used to it'll be even worse). The surprise is half the fun in this case. :D

Good lord I hope I don't become an Infernal (Mostly 'cause I ain't got their book :oops: )

Andoriol said:
...we'll know we've got the effects of the great curse, but we'll have no way to control it...
Not necessarily. I'd like to see what a good dose of a typical antipsychotic would do to an Exalt in the throes of Limit Break: synthesizing Haldol with a working knowledge of high school chemistry seems like the kind of stunt worthy of a Twilight.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Okay so, we're definitely on for this Saturday? What times, still in the morning?
I thought the time had been moved back till 2pm EST. If not... heh, please correct me. I don't want to miss the game.

Also...

Toptomcat said:
Andoriol said:
...we'll know we've got the effects of the great curse, but we'll have no way to control it...
Not necessarily. I'd like to see what a good dose of a typical antipsychotic would do to an Exalt in the throes of Limit Break: synthesizing Haldol with a working knowledge of high school chemistry seems like the kind of stunt worthy of a Twilight.
Ha ha ha! LOL. Stuff like that is why I think this game will be great.

As to the Great Curse though, and our unique versions of it, I'd prefer to find out in play.

HowlingCoyote said:
I thought the time had been moved back till 2pm EST. If not... heh, please correct me. I don't want to miss the game.
I thought it was in the afternoon as well.
I prefer afternoons, but can do mornings if I have to.

And Haldol isn't that strong of stuff, IMO.

My ten year old could break through an adult dose of it when he was having his really bad episodes.

Of course, my wife's family has double adrenal glands (they showed proof), so...

And Haldol isn't that strong of stuff, IMO.

My ten year old could break through an adult dose of it when he was having his really bad episodes.
The problem isn't that it isn't potent, it's that the dose has to be very carefully moderated to prevent a huge range of horrible side effects in the nervous system, especially in children. Exalts having an astounding natural resistance to poisons of all sorts, I'm willing to bet that the safe dose would be much higher.

Aasharu said:
OK, so, in recent news, my moving day has been pushed back to Friday, but this will not delay the game at all. Also, I finally managed to get the three Books of Sorcery I was missing: WotLA, OC, and RoGD:1.
Now, on to other things. In regard to linguistics, I've worked out a mechanic, (also, Andoriol, please replace your "Purchased: Low Realm" on your character sheet with "Free Slot.") How this will work is, if you encounter someone who speaks a language you don't know, then if you still have a free slot, at the beginning of the scene you can announce that you want to learn that language. For the rest of the scene, you'll have to roll Intelligence+Linguistics against a difficulty of 1 in order to communicate simple concepts, and a difficulty of 2 in order to communicate complex concepts. Then, at the end of the scene, as long as you've spent a good portion of the scene trying to interact, you will then replace your Free Slot with whatever language you just learned, and are considered fluent at it. And yes, once someone in the group learns a language, they can then teach anyone else in the group, following the same mechanic.

Secondly, bit of an insight into the first session, at one point, each of you will be presented with different challenges related to whatever Caste you will Exalt into. Said challenges should be relatively obvious, as I'll draw your attention to them, but still. Be ready for that, for that's the determining factor in your Exaltation. If for whatever reason you balk at the challenge, then... I don't know, maybe I'll have you Exalt as an Infernal instead?

Finally, would you like me to tell you the specialized Great Curse mechanic now, or would you prefer to wait to find out what it is until the first time one of you limit breaks?
The way that you can learn language kinda remind me this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09nGEHTs ... re=related .

As for great Curse i also think that it will be more fun when I get Limit Break in the game.

And finally those challenges you mentioned. I really hope I'll survive it and complete it the Night Caste Way( Skill, cunning and unconventional approach ). Other wise i will end up as Scourge or Day Caste... and then i will try to redeem myself...probably.

This is my first time using OpenRPG, so I'm not sure what server we're on, what room we'll be in, etc.

We'll probably be using the OpenRPG Veav 1 server, since it's the best, and we can hopefully trust Aasharu to think of a good room name... :P

One thing that does worry me, though; This is going to be in the Northwest, right?

Conquering our own personal Northrend is nice, of course, but does anybody know Sail?

Fabricati, what exactly is going on that prevents you from coming?

And yes, this is the Northwest, so you may want to look into sail.

And as for room name, I'll come up with something.

I have Sail 1, and it's a Caste skill. Getting it up to 2 or 3 won't be expensive. No Sail Charms to start, but I should be able to get them if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back